Confused over smiley face! Clearblue

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
I conceived my son using clearblue digital and it was really straight forward, I tested every day at 2pm, got my smiley face on CD 14, dtd and voila! But this time they are confusing me...
I'm currently CD 12, id been testing using FMU this time as it said it was ok to do that on the leaflet and thought it would be easier. My opk this morning showed no surge, I decided to test again at 3pm and got a smiley face (when I ejected the stick the test line didn't look as dark as the control line though) I tested again tonight and it's now negative again no smiley face, I'm confused.

Do u think the smiley face could of been a false positive cos last time I used these I had a really dark test line on the stick when I got the smiley. And why has it gone now? Do u think my surge is done now?

hmmm... Maybe it was a falso positive since the AM urine is more concentrated. I would test for two more days but still do the deed "just incase". I used the clearblue digital this morning also (cd12) and I got a smiley, but it wasn't as dark as the control line. Then I tested again this afternoon and I got another smiley and this time the test line was super dark.

I think the same thing that happened to you happened to me last month. I ended up getting a false positive early and ended up bding too early and missed my O date. I hope this helps .

good luck! let me know if you get another smiley soon.

Thanks happy. Is Fmu really more concentrated when it comes to LH surge though? I was always told afternoon is a better time to test with opk's

Thanks happy. Is Fmu really more concentrated when it comes to LH surge though? I was always told afternoon is a better time to test with opk's

hmmm, I'm not really sure... I usually test twice a day. It sucks because they are so expensive.

I heard that your surge usually happens in the AM and so it takes time to get into the urine which is why testing in the afternoon is best. I'm not sure though, there are a some conflicting things but that seems to be the most common reason.

I think the smily face was your surge !!!! Don't read the stick inside because it's for the stick to read not humans lol just take the smily face as your positive & try not too stress good luck :)

Thanks Betty I tested again on sat and got a smiley face in the morning and again in the evening so have covered my bases

sounds like you just had a short surge? and as for the lines when you eject the test, the last package of tests I bought, my surge NEVER showed a dark test line...and my internet cheapie tests were showing a test line WAY darker than control...so i knew i was catching my surge.

i always use FMU..... my cycles are long and irregular and I work out a lot...so cutting back on fluid during the day is just not an option.

when you say morning urine is more concentrated do you mean only fmu? what if you test with smu at like 930am?

it doesnt matter when you test - if your pee is a moderate color yellow you are good to go. its just about how concentrated it is...it can be conentrated at 6pm...just depends on how much you drink during the day....FMU is typically most concentrated because you have been sleeping and not up taking in fluids....thats all.

i test FMU always and then sometime later in the day...i pee into a cup and if it looks fairly yellow i dip, if not i discard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->