Confusing HPT Results

dlynette

Reaction score
Hi - I am 8dp5dt via IVF with FET (one embryo), PGD tested. At 5 days after the transfer, I got a BFP with an HPT (FRER). At 6 days, I got two negatives and day 7 AM, another negative. However, later in the day on day 7 got a clear positive (line appeared quickly and was darker than the previous ones). However, I tried with a digital this morning and got a negative. I have used FRER and FR Gold for digital consistently. I'm so confused. I have four more days until my beta but of course I'm convinced of the worst (I have had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever). Has anyone else had mixed hpt result but still had a positive outcome (baby)? Thanks in advance.

it could be a chemical or your levels arent high enough to register on the digital yet. have you tried a regular frer today? in my experience (I've done 8 transfers) after a fet the line should be clear by 8dpt on the frer at least. Im not sure of sensitivity of the frer digital. I hope you have a good outcome.

I had my beta done early and it was 68 at 8dp5dt, which my Dr. says is excellent. I guess it is true that there are false negatives when it comes to these hpt's. I took the hpt two hours before the beta and it came up negative (super sensitive, supposed to detect at 20). Anyway, great news for the weekend!

That's great! Congrats.

Can't wait to hear your second beta! When is it?

Second beta (which would be original beta) is tomorrow, hoping for the best. Think I got a bad batch of digital - came home after I got my beta result and took a ClearBlue Easy Digital, it came up right away Pregnant 1-2 weeks. Then took the other FR gold digital from the same box and it said negative! Took it apart and there was a dark pink line on the sensor so not sure what was going on with those tests.

I took 7 Frer and got thick dark lines....then 3 x cb digi and got 2-3 on all. But there was another cb test in one of the packets and I took it...and got a negative! Weird as I thought the blue dyes were worse for false positives if anything! I'm defo pregnant....since then I've had a scan and seen the heartbeat! These tests are crazy and make a sane woman feel mad! X

Yes - they have been driving me quite insane. Under strict order, my doctor has told me to put down the hpt's and relax. I'm just going to wait and get the test results - not doing myself any favors doing these several times a day and my husband thinks I've gone mad. Thanks for the encouraging words.

IVF makes one go mad for sure! gl with your beta tomorrow.

Great news - Beta today was 268. I am officially done with the hpt craziness. Go in for ultrasound next week. Thanks everyone for the encouragement and caring.

Hi - I am 8dp5dt via IVF with FET (one embryo), PGD tested. At 5 days after the transfer, I got a BFP with an HPT (FRER). At 6 days, I got two negatives and day 7 AM, another negative. However, later in the day on day 7 got a clear positive (line appeared quickly and was darker than the previous ones). However, I tried with a digital this morning and got a negative. I have used FRER and FR Gold for digital consistently. I'm so confused. I have four more days until my beta but of course I'm convinced of the worst (I have had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever). Has anyone else had mixed hpt result but still had a positive outcome (baby)? Thanks in advance.

Hey!! I had a positive hpt 7dpo and a negative on 8dpo! So I called the dr and set up an appointment to get a blood test but when I showed up they only gave me a urine even after I explained my situation in the beginning. Totally bummed me out!! But then I saw these women who got positive hpt on 7dpo and negative all the way until 12 dpo! Here's a tweaked picture of the positive - do you see it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 24
Amethyst you should make your own thread and not hijack someone else's. You'll get more responses that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->