confusing OPK

velo

Reaction score
I did an OPK test today and it looks to me like it is positive, half of the test line is definitely darker than the control. But only half - so it looks ambiguous. Its an IC. And yeah I know about the digital ones are easier to read, but I am put off by both the cost and my environmental sensibilities (much more plastic to throw away).

I'm on CD12 (last 3 cycles ovulation was CD14 or CD16). Mucus I would describe as lotiony - getting towards watery but not there yet. Yesterday it was sticky. Watery has been the best I get lately for the most part. Last time I was checking OPK I ovulated within about 12 hours I think (from ov pains) from the OPK.

DH will not be home for at least 8 hours. I was going to go to a community meeting later that I really wanted to go to and he was going to join me when he is done work. Putting BD around midnight and a tired DH. But maybe I should nix all that and just get him to come home asap? Which may mean picking him up from work to speed things up as he was planning to cycle home.

OTOH if I am going to have a narrow window of fertile mucus maybe I should abstain today and have :sex: tomorrow morning if my CM has become more watery. But I don't want to miss my window if I ov tonight. Could do both but figure the second one if its not 24 hours the sperm may not be fully charged.

I guess I could do another test before I leave for the meeting to see if it looks the same, darker, or lighter. If its lighter then I will know the surge is receding so best to go for tonight.

ARGH. I hate planning baby making, I wish it would just happen naturally :)

I would do it tonight and the next few nights and try to have fun....
Try not to overthink this...have fun BDing...

I would do it tonight and the next few nights and try to have fun....
Try not to overthink this...have fun BDing...

Good point about the not overthinking! I talked to DH and he has to work later than expected. I'm going to skip the community protest meeting to avoid stress :) and because its a beautiful sunny day and I feel like putzing in the garden when I get done working for the day. I'll write a letter instead expressing my opinion (not now either).

If we're in the mood tonight, we are in the mood tonight. If not I'll make sure it happens tomorrow. And yeah will keep going approx 24 hour intervals until at least the temp rise. But if ever catch glimpse of that magical and mystical (at the moment) EWCM I am grabbing DH and tackling him on the spot ;)

I think you probably have time if you normally ovulate CD14 - CD16, but then again I had a surprise smiley face ov test on CD13 before. When did you BD before today? if you did yesterday or the day after then tonight should be good. the egg is supposed to last 24 hours and if its today its the sperms from yesterday or the day before that will be up there ready anyway. but if you didnt BD at all the past few days then cancel everything and get at it!!!!
let us know how your tests are tomorrow!

I had one of the half line darker results on an IC, the customer service person told me to call it positive if it is over 50% of the line. I know, something else to analyze, lol!

Interesting I think it was less than 50% of the line. I haven't done another OPK today, will do later so will compare them.

I must say though that after all this recent discussion about age, my DH is quite energetic for his (44). Yesterday he went to school, did the grocery shopping, went to work (a job where he is on his feet), and bicycled 90 (!!) km in the process of getting everywhere (since it was a nice day he didn't want to use the car, and school is a couple towns away), and still had energy to BD 17 hours after he woke up.

BTW for something new tried doggy style for finishing this time, as that definitely puts sperm close to the cervix (as I'm not that big of a fan as my cervix keeps getting bumped)

Interesting I think it was less than 50% of the line. I haven't done another OPK today, will do later so will compare them.

I must say though that after all this recent discussion about age, my DH is quite energetic for his (44). Yesterday he went to school, did the grocery shopping, went to work (a job where he is on his feet), and bicycled 90 (!!) km in the process of getting everywhere (since it was a nice day he didn't want to use the car, and school is a couple towns away), and still had energy to BD 17 hours after he woke up.

BTW for something new tried doggy style for finishing this time, as that definitely puts sperm close to the cervix (as I'm not that big of a fan as my cervix keeps getting bumped)

As soon as my cycle is over, my DH will be thanking you for THAT recommendation, lol....:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->