Confusion after a MC (long)

mumwannabe

Reaction score
Hello Ladies.....

I am so confused and wondered if anyone else has been/is going through the same thing. After stopping bc last summer, my AFs/cycles appeared to be the average 27-29 days. But then the following happened

Dec - AF came on CD 33
Jan - AF came on CD 32
I tested about 1 week after Jan's AF because I had a strange metallic taste as well as my boobs being tender and sore... I used CB digital and got "pregnant 1-2wks". I couldn't believe it as my AF had been normal length and consistency. I tested again 2wks later (more for OH's sake than mine as I could feel things happening in my body but it wasn't real for him). But then 1 week after that, I bled.. it was Feb's AF!!

Feb - AF came on CD 28
As my AFs in Dec and Jan had been a bit erratic, I was not entirely sure of my dates and thought I might have been further along than I actually was (and the Jan AF might have actually been implantation bleeding or something) - my hormones and emotions were all over the place until March's AF came and went.

Mar - AF came on CD 28
Apr - AF came on CD 40
Apr's AF was just over a week late and after testing so early in Jan/Feb, I had actually refrained from testing this time. I wanted to wait as long as possible, to avoid disappointment if it was BFP followed by BFN... but 11 days late seems a long time!! I got AF the day before I was going to test! :( But what is strange is that it has only lasted 2.5 days!!

Could I be pregnant? :wacko: I'm also experiencing the metallic taste again. I had this in Jan/Feb when I was preg and then it was even worse once the bleeding started which was horrid because it was like a torment. The taste is bad enough as it is without the thought that there is no reward for it i.e. a babba :( I don't know if the taste now is like it was when I was preg or like it was when I was mc'ing :(

I thought about taking a test anyway but if I've had another mc (or chemical), then the hormones will still be there (causing the taste) and will show up as preg even if am not..... so confused :(

Anyone else experienced this?

I experienced something similar at Christmas. I had my period and thn tested pos about 3 days after AF left because I had terrible cramps. Went to Dr who suspected ectopic but
I'd just ov'd late and had a really bad water infection. I'd go to your GP and ask to be referred for testing, they can do internal scans to see if there's anything in your womb x

I'm so sorry you're going through this uncertainty. :hugs:

I don't really know what to suggest except to test again. When was your April af? Was it recently? It seems unlikely that the bleeding you had was implantation if it was on CD40 but it could be random early pregnancy bleeding (fairly common) a normal, but short af or (and I hope this is not the case) an mc.

I think it's pretty normal for cycles to be a wacky after an mc but yours do seem really odd. Like I say, the only thing I can say is try testing and maybe make an appointment to see you doctor.

I'm sorry not to have been much help.

Keep us posted....

:hugs:

Thanks ladies... yeah I do feel like my cycles have been peculiar since Dec..... Although I stopped BC last summer, we weren't really TTC.. we were NTNP though and just seeing what happened really. My work was very stressful last year with lots of changes going on so even though we wanted to TTC, I had no energy and felt very stressed. But the surprising thing was, it didnt affect my cycles until the work stress had started to die down :wacko: very odd.

I only really started keeping a diary about my cycles (well, nothing too deep, just when I got my AF) this year but remember the Dec one as I was away on hols. Am keeping regular notes now in case it's needed. I expected March AF to be all over the place due to Febs mc but it wasnt :wacko: it's April's that's gone off kilter.. mind you I am wondering if our ovaries alternate so that 1 month the egg is released from the left, and the next month from the right... if so, this month is from the left and Feb's would have been too (maybe connected?).....

April's AF was last week Hanskiz, so very recent. Still got odd taste too.

Think I'll have to try and put it out of my mind and just concentrate on radically changing my diet so that am eating healthy and cut down on alcohol etc ... and remain ever hopeful for :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->