Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

sounds good, RainbowBaby. :) Keep posting (on this or any other thread). After 10 posts I can send you a private message.

I just realized today that there is little to no sperm in those tiny vials. I did 1ml of egg whites in one syringe and the sperm in the second syringe and there was a little less than 1ml!! How am I going to get pregnant with that little bit. I must have put it in the right place though because I am cramping like crazy right now(that's normal for me after insemination). Anyone else cramp after inseminations?

I just realized today that there is little to no sperm in those tiny vials. I did 1ml of egg whites in one syringe and the sperm in the second syringe and there was a little less than 1ml!! How am I going to get pregnant with that little bit. I must have put it in the right place though because I am cramping like crazy right now(that's normal for me after insemination). Anyone else cramp after inseminations?

When I use eggwhites I use 4/5ml to give them alot to swim in! I also got pregant one of my (six) times with 0.5ml of sperm, so never worry! (he missed the pot lol) Its because you are getting the 'pure' washed sperm, not everything lumped together, so its gona be alot less!

I cramp quite abit after too :) I would have been in my 2ww now, but the snow made donations this month impossible!!

Luna- wow 4/5 ml sounds like a lot! I hope I used enough. I guess we will see if I did everything right in two weeks. I think I want to test on Christmas day :)

5ml is only a teaspoon full, not much at all lol. Good luck testing, this seems to be a lucky thread!

The wicked :witch: arrived this morning! We're out! On to next cycle!

Good luck to those still in the 2WW!

AF got me yesterday, and its sooo hard not to plan for trying this month, ahh!!

Don't you want to try this month Liz?

Sorry the witch got your OH Ruby, fingers crossed for this month for you :hugs:

Cus the doctor put me on anti-depressants last week for 6 months, and I duno if Im comfortable trying while I'm on them :(

Sorry about the witch Ruby!

Liz-I hope that you find the medication to be helpful. Did you ask your dr about ttc while on the meds? Could you just discontinue the meds if you get pregnant?

Ruby & Luna, So sorry to hear you're both out this time.

Not fair - but at least you can have a drink through the festive season. :)

Luna, I've supported several women who have been on antidepressants through pregnancy, and birth. It's worth checking which one you're on with regards to pregnancy as some are better than others (depends on the kind you need too) but there are a number that are safe to use and may just require a reduced dosage around the time of the birth - by which time you may not need them anyway. :)

Gina. x

CD1 for me too. Booo!!! I'm not as disappointed as i thought i would be. I have an October baby and Autumn babies rock. Maybe they can have joint parties!

Luna - Many antidepressants are fine to TTC on. I felt a bit weird when i had to breastfeed on anti depressants, but it was absolutely fine. Which one did they put you on?

They put me on 20mg fluoxetine (prozac). I know the root my my depression is not having a baby (well obv not just that, but a big part after losing so many), so maybe if I do get pregnant and it sticks, Id be fine and wudnt need them anyways then?

Ok-so this is a random question and perhaps it would be better asked on a rainbow mommies forum but I just feel like I know you gals best....so...any suggestions for what the baby should call my OH? How have some of the other two mommy familes that already have kids handled this? Whether wrong or right, I feel kind of possessive of the name "Mom", plus I think it could get confusing for the child, not to mention for us (who comes running when she says mom?). I also don't know about derivatives of mom, like mama, mommy, ma, etc. Any ideas?

Tricky question Erin! One i wonder about often!

In my current situation i am "Mommy" & my son calls my OH by her 1st name ("Vicki"). This is bc i was single when i had him... & met OH when my son was 4 months old. So....... i just had him call her by name... bc i wasn't sure, at that point, if she would be in the picture forever, iykwim.

Jayden is now starting to ask alot of "where's my daddy?" kind of questions... and it's funny when he says "I have a Mommy & a Vicki... but no daddy!" Or he has said things like "Vicki is sort of my daddy.... she looks like a daddy??" Every day he challenges me to think of the "best" responses to give him!

I am stumped as to what baby #2 will call us?? Since Vicki will be the one giving birth...... the baby can't call her Vicki?! But... i'm already "mommy". So, i'm not sure.... i thought maybe baby #2 can call me "Mommy" and Vicki "Momma". I am friends with a lesbian couple & their daughter calls them "mommy" and "momma". The only problem is, when the child is older...... a 12 year old/16 year old.... can't be calling their parents "mommy" & "momma"???

What i'm not a fan of... a client i work with has the baby say "mommy" & "daddy" -- the butchier gf is having the baby call her "daddy"........ i just think that will create alot of confusion & teasing by peers.

Curious to hear other responses to this question!

We are both whatever she wants to call us, normally Mummy or Mama. We just 'know' who she's talking to now she's a bit older, and she isn't *my* baby, so I can't claim Mummy for my own because she's my partners child too, whether I felt possessive over Mummy or not.
At first we did have different names, but that confused her even more.

My friends son calls her mummy and her OH by her name just but sometimes 'mummy Mary', another couple are 'mum' and 'mummy'. I'll be mummy, but OH doesn't want to be 'mum/mummy' etc for some reason, so duno what we'll do!

When I'm talking to the dog (as you do lol), I'm mummy and OH is 'other mummy', so maybe that would work? They may just come up with names themselves!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->