Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

had a private scan today girls and all is well, saw the heart beat and measures bang on dates.

Lea-I remember feeling like that this time around too. It's tough after a loss. Thinking of you and patiently waiting to see that ticker when your ready. Hugs.

Topaz that is great news! :dance:

Lea, the link to your fab journal is gone too! I love reading about that fiesty gorgeous little girl of yours!

Yeah it is! :rofl: I'll put it back in the morning, I forgot all about it :blush:

Morning all!

On the name front we went with Mummy G and Mummy Rae Rae. Ember now uses mummy as a generic term when she doesn't mind which of us comes to her, but otherwise I'm Mummy and Rae is either Rae Rae or Mummy Rae Rae depending on her mood. She has occasionally also called me Gina or Mum too. I suspect that eventually we'll both be called primarily by our actual names with a mum or mummy thrown in when she's feeling affectionate, or wants something, but only time will tell. :)

We have snow again, on top of ice, which is lovely now that I'm only capable of waddling. I also have a very snotty little girl who I've decided is too unwell for the toddler group party today, poor thing. How is everyone else doing?

Gina. x

hi ladies, i am not caught up on the thread but wanted to check in and wish everyone good luck.

i'm away on vacation which kinda takes the edge off the fact that AF came this morning. right on cue! so IUI #2 will be around new year's day.

i am holding up ok but i think it is because i am master of hiding from my feelings. i am going to my mother's grave for the first time in 6 years tomorrow and i think that is when it will all come busting out :cry:

babydust ladies!

Hi Ladies

Sorry for not replying, I havent done a runner lol

The donor insem went okay I think, got a smiley face on the clearblue on Saturday afternoon, the donor "did his stuff", although as its a first donation for me, there was only 4ml in there, and it didnt look much at all, is this too little or a normal amount, I did use pre seed before too.

I woke the next morning to very strong Ov pains, so now I'm currently 6dpo, feeling all kinds of symptoms lol

Hope the snow isn't getting to much, we have prob 4inches this morning.

xx

4mls is good, my donor only averaged 2-3mls and it was enough to get me preg twice/

Thanks Topaz, what size syringe did you use?, I used a 10ml one, was going to use the 20ml, but it looked HUGE!!

Any symptoms you can share, I know it wouldnt have even implanted yet (fingers crossed), I have 2 boys aged 6 and 8, and I was no where near as obsessive lol

xx

Big hugs cranberry! :hugs:

Good luck Cheshirecat -- sounds promising!

Our one donor stopped responding...... so, looks like he is no longer interested. So glad we had two, just in case!

Question:

We are considering taking a mini-vacation out to where the donor lives (the week between xmas & new years). There is an aquarium & a kid's museum. We were hoping the donor would meet us 3 days in a row -- if we did this -- but he can only meet us 2 days in a row!

So....... if we meet at the usual place it is a 2 hour drive & $100 in expenses (for 1 donation).

Or if we drive to him it will be a 4 hour drive & $400 in expenses (for 2 donations).

Do you think an extra donation is worth it? Do you think two days in a row is helpful (CD 17 & CD 18)? Not even sure when ovulation will be...... sometimes the cycle is 27/28 days long... other times it's 33/34 days long.... or anywhere in between! Makes it soo hard!

Hi ladies! I would like to introduce myself in here! My name is Alie and my husband is Joey, we are going to try some of the techniques in here to try and conceive this month! I have a built in donor!

The thing is, my hubs can not ejaculate inside me. It may be mental or something, but he is so used to jerking off, he can't do it while performing sex. He insisted we get pregnant "the old fashioned way" -- so we tried that last month. He couldn't do it even once, so needless to say I had no chance in hell last month.

The :witch: got me today, grr! So we're going to try using an oral syringe and softcups this month (and raw egg whites (yes or no?)) to get his sperm to my egg! Hopefully!

Hope to chat it up with you throughout my cycle. I reallyyyyy want a September or October baby!!!

Ok, so I am 7dpo and still I have a "heavy" feeling in my stomach. Thought maybe I was just constipated *tmi* but that's not the case so I am not sure what's going on. I am trying not to read too much into symptoms so I am just going to wait it out and test on Friday I guess.

Chesire- GOOD LUCK!!! Looks like we are in the 2ww together :)

Well, we decided to just get the one donation this month... financially we just can't afford the trip right after Christmas! But emailed the donor & will plan it in the near future if need be!

He also said that he is sending his sperm in the mail to one of the other couples he is working with??? I asked him how that works, & this was his reply:

"FEDEX - CPL senta kit with a sample and cool packs, basically give donation and mail back within 12 hours. Ill see if I can get cost etc...that may be cheaper than driving, hotel, work etc?"

Does anyone know if this works?? Would the sperm survive shipping??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->