Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Good luck for tww rainbowbaby and cheshire cat. I think 4ml is a great amount. My donor usually produced about 2ml and that did the trick for me.

Ruby-tough call! If you're anything like me-the difference of $300 is a lot of money. However, if you think the extra day will be spent enjoying your son and partner and having fun as a family in addition to getting the extra donation then I say go for it. If you think that ttc is going to outweigh everything else and you will be too concerned about that to have much fun or too worried about the money to enjoy it then I say just spend the $100 and go for one day. I hope that helps in some way.

Welcome Alie! We all have different stories in here-some of us our in same sex relationships, some single, some married to husband's with vasectomies, etc. Everyone is welcome and I think we all have different perspectives and things to share. You might also want to check out the discussion that Em started where we post our how to stories. I'm sure one of the other gals will help me here and post the link since I don't have it in front of me at the moment. Good luck!

Ruby-I have heard about this. It has to do with preserving the sperm in egg yolk I think. I know of one kit called biotranz-here is a link: https://www.biotranz.net/index.html

I don't know about its effectiveness. I think I would consider it if need be, like when my donor moves back to CA after he is done with school, but I also think I would be paranoid about whether or not the sperm is really still alive in there!

Yes! I have scoured this entire subforum! I read and always check the new posts in the "How To" thread. I'm so excited that this has such a huge potential to work! I thought that the home insemination might take much longer than the "old fashioned" way, but sometimes it takes even less time!

I used OPKs last month, that's why my ticker is showing much more information this cycle, I have how many days it is in length as well as my LP now (11 days). I hope that's long enough for a sustainable pregnancy! I got a positive OPK on CD22, so I assumed I ovulated on CD23, safe assumption?

I think I need to add some liquid to the softcup, I'm planning on having hubby just ejaculate straight into the softcup, but then should I add preseed or eggwhites so that when I insert and go upside down it slides out easier?

Yes! I have scoured this entire subforum! I read and always check the new posts in the "How To" thread. I'm so excited that this has such a huge potential to work! I thought that the home insemination might take much longer than the "old fashioned" way, but sometimes it takes even less time!

I used OPKs last month, that's why my ticker is showing much more information this cycle, I have how many days it is in length as well as my LP now (11 days). I hope that's long enough for a sustainable pregnancy! I got a positive OPK on CD22, so I assumed I ovulated on CD23, safe assumption?

I think I need to add some liquid to the softcup, I'm planning on having hubby just ejaculate straight into the softcup, but then should I add preseed or eggwhites so that when I insert and go upside down it slides out easier?

If you decide to add something, don't add much, maybe just 1 or 2 ml. when I added 3 mls in addition to the sperm, it sloshed out when I inserted the cup. In theory you don't need to add anything (although it probably won't hurt). When I inserted the softcup, I was careful to make sure the ring was around my cervix, then with my fingers I rubbed the soft part of the cup around my cervix, making sure the liquids were making contact with the cervix. That's all it should take to work.

Hi

Rainbowbaby10, I'm 6/7dpo and also have a heavy feeling down there, also a bad back aches (but I don't know if this is as I normally have one, but I'm not taking painkillers, my nipples are a little sensitive, but thats it.

I'll be stalking you lol, where are you, UK or US?

xx

Does anyone know if this works?? Would the sperm survive shipping??

You know, I've been wondering this as well - a prospective donor said he could send his stuff :winkwink: by courier - he's about 1.5 hours away, and it'd certainly save me a journey, and probably money too, but I wondered if it'd still be usable. :wacko:

Will be unable to drive for 6 weeks ish at some point next year (ankle surgery, maybe march/april), and so instead of putting off TTC until I can drive again, maybe this would be the solution to be able to start earlier? :shrug:

On another note, losing money tonight as I can't get to work - more bloomin snow :growlmad: Anyone else got lots today?

Baby Be careful I don't know who your donor is, but there are a few dodgy ones out there that offer this to recipients, Ive been around for the past 2 years looking. If you want to pm me I don't mind :)

xx

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone being successful with shipped fresh sperm (and I'm on a list with hundreds of people trying). I'm sure its possible, but I personally wouldn't bother trying.

i wouldnt bother either, 1.5h away i would imagin a lot of those little guys would have died so reduce your chances a lot

I don't think they wud last that long either, its a long way for them to travel!!!

Anyone testing soon??

I am sooo hormonal tonight, I keep bursting into tears :cry: :rofl:

Good luck to everyone who is in their 2ww... And regarding shipping, it's not something that I'd consider a viable option unfortunately as sperm doesn't live long once it leaves the body :(

It must be in the air Lea, I have been a crying mess all night! Hugs!

I kinda have to agree with everyone else about the shipping -- doesn't seem like an ideal option.

My "back-up" donor officially said he is no longer interested in donating to us... quick response to my email... just said too busy... and wished us luck! So disappointing. I just hope our other donor sticks with us... i know it's a long (2 hour) drive for him. He is currently helping 3 couples, including me & OH. He started donating a few months ago --and no one has gotten pregnant yet. I just hope he has good swimmers! :spermy:

Good luck to those about to test! :test: Keep us posted!

Hi

Rainbowbaby10, I'm 6/7dpo and also have a heavy feeling down there, also a bad back aches (but I don't know if this is as I normally have one, but I'm not taking painkillers, my nipples are a little sensitive, but thats it.

I'll be stalking you lol, where are you, UK or US?

xx

I am in the US. I don't know how I am feeling today. Still heaviness on and off but I am not sure if what I am feeling has anything to do with pregnancy. As stated before I ALWAYS feel pregnant, at least for the first week past ovulation. Around now is the time when I begin to lose hope and get depressed but I am trying to avoid that and just enjoy the ride no matter the outcome. Your symptoms sound promising...hoping this is your month :)

Alright guys so I am 9 dpo today and I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to do an OPK just to get the negative over with....it was positive! What the heck does that mean if anything? Did I do something wrong...The line was darker than the test line and I have no idea what is going on. I know that it's too early for an HPT. Now I am even more stressed because I feel like AF is on the way for sure...what do you all think?

i think its worth doing a hpt in the morning, a stong line on an opk could mean pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->