Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

rosie....love your avator pic by the way...sweet angel baby! :)

Speaking of avatar pics -- is that your little girl?? She is gorgeous!

I also have found my two donors on FSDW. I think it's $40 to join & $35 a month after that. Something like that! (I live in the US). I (so far) have been meeting the donors in person... but they both live 4 hours away. One of the guys has offered to ship.

Good luck, i really hope your friend decides to do it! How long before you expect to get an answer from him? Even tho he is a friend, i think you shoud still sign a donor contract... stating whatever terms you both agree to. Just a little word of advice! :flower:

thanks rosie5637 for the warm welcome! :) no i am in the US, texas is the state i live in. How much does it cost to become a member at FSDW? I hate to spend the money and then not need it if our donor decides to help us..he's undecided right now....he is a friend and wanted to talk to his partner and family first. Also, does your donor live close to you? or did he ship his sperm? as u see i am new to all this! :wacko:
i have been in the 2ww twice so i know the anxiety and nerves...hope your 2ww ends with a BFP!! :baby:

thanks again! :hugs:

to save money i joined up for 1 month only. there were lots of donors in my area so when i'd found one i cancelled the membership ( i hate spending money too!)
my donor lives 1hrs drive from me and comes to my house. i personally wouldn't ship sperm, i'd be worried about it dying.
i hope your friend agrees to help you, good luck!:thumbup:
thanks for the well wishes. i was feeling really good about this month but now it's close to testing i'm not so sure:wacko: fx'd

From my experience, co-parents, and co-parentmatch seem to be very active sperm donation sites. I registered on quite a few of the sites, I'm sure I don't spend more than $10-$20/month. Which in the grand scheme of things, is a small price to pay to bring life in the world ($120-240/year - about a day's income).

well folks, i am in a weird position. i don't know whether to attribute this to the clomid, ovidrel or stress (all 3 of which i had during attempt #2 so doesn't really explain it) but my AF is still not here (which I am happy about) but my HPTs all come up negative (not too thrilled about this part).

i am officially 3 days late :coffee:

will test again tomorrow with FMU if she stays away tonight - which i pray she does. this build up would make the devastation even more intense.

I'd probably go to the Drs for bloods in the morning if AF isn't here and tests are still -ve. Fingers crossed for you! x

thanks lea. i should probably do that since i am just driving myself crazy.

i even went to zumba this morning hoping that the exercise would hasten AF if it was that she was just around the corner and taunting me.

I'd probably go to the Drs for bloods in the morning if AF isn't here and tests are still -ve. Fingers crossed for you! x

cranberry -- very exciting! I hope that witch stays away! One of the girls on the testing thread just said that she had a BFN on 17DPO & then got her :bfp: the next day!

So stay positive!!!!!!!!

FX'ed for you & Rosie -- hoping to see good news from both of you on here over the next few days! :dust:

cranberry - i'd wait a few days and see what happens. my periods are regular but on my 1st tww i was about 5days late, it drove me insane!:wacko: hopefully it's still just too early and you'll get your positive in the next few days, good luck and lots of babydust:thumbup:

afm - i should have woken up to my period today but she didn't show. i haven't felt pregnant (with my son i felt pregnant from about 7dpo). i thought i'd do a test so my period would hurry up and not stay away due to worrying about it. it was a digi and needless to say it was a :bfn::cry:
can't believe i'm gonna have to go through all this again. i know i've only had 2 tww's but time is short in my case.

just to rub salt in the wounds it means i will now be on my period when i go to a party this weekend and i could of had an x-ray and got my broken tooth sorted out rather than suffer for the last two weeks:growlmad:

rosie you were right. AF arrived 3 days late :cry:

i'm bummed enough to take a day off!

Hi all,

I'm new on this thread so bear with me lol

I've been on bnb for a while now and always been a little shy about admitting that I'm using donor sperm but sod it! It's always hard when you hear about women ttc and they are the ones who can BD pretty much whenever they want. Only having one shot a month is a real bummer! :(

Anyway, this will be my 4th time trying with a donor. I started with a donor I met on a free site, can't remember what it was called now and we got on great. He travelled 4 hours just so he could donate and I could use fresh sperm. AI of course. We tried twice and sadly it didn't work. A few days after the second donation from him he quit being a donor so I had to start looking all over again!

I have had one donation from my new donor, which was unsuccessful and we are about to try again on the 24th, a week away. Still AI. Definitely not going to be doing NI! :S

But I'm stressing over this donation because it will have to be a "drop off". Basically I've always accommodated before, just so it's handy that once they're "finished" they can leave straight away and I can get the insem all done and I can relax. But this cycle I won't be able to. Because the donor lives about 2 hours away the chances of the sperm living through the whole journey are very very very slim. Practically non existent!

I'm being really stubborn about not missing out on this cycle because I skipped last month (ov day was on xmas day lol).

Can't stop stressing!!!

But there, I got it all out and I feel loads better for it lol :D

Good luck to everyone else out there too!! xxxxxxxxx

ruby...thanks so much, yes that is my daughter, elyssa..we adopted her this past november from foster care...she is 2 now and we got her when she was six months...she's our angel :)
thanks for the info on FSDW i've already been looking at their site and if my friend says no i think i'll join with FSDW. i don't know when my friend will give me an answer, i just asked him on friday i think and he knows we weren't planning on starting right away because i'm training for a 5k in march....but now i'm so pumped i want an answer quick lol! he wants to talk it over with his partner and family first. oh by the way, what donor contract did u do, and did u get a lawyer involved? thanks for the info, i'm still new at all this! :dohh:

rosie, thanks for the info and the luck! so so sorry to hear of your bfn:cry: i hope the next cycle will bring your bfp..stay positive! ughhh i know this trying and testing and all interferes with our "normal" life and activities...i hope u can still manage to rock it at the party :)

cranberry...sorry to hear of the witch paying u a visit late!! sucks! :growlmad: are u taking progesterone? that can delay AF by days. i will have FX'd you'll get your bfp next time! hang in there!! :hugs:

elm, sorry, just saw your post! WELCOME!! :) i'm new here and still catching up.
so why can't your donor do the deed at your house? i would have to research the sperm life times and such, but if they stay warm i would suspect they can stay alive for quite awhile...i'll look that up in a minute but am sure someone else can answer for me. anyway, stay positive and try not to stress too much as that doesn't help....my fingers are crossed for you! :)

But I'm stressing over this donation because it will have to be a "drop off". Basically I've always accommodated before, just so it's handy that once they're "finished" they can leave straight away and I can get the insem all done and I can relax. But this cycle I won't be able to. Because the donor lives about 2 hours away the chances of the sperm living through the whole journey are very very very slim. Practically non existent!

Hi ELM2010! :hi: Welcome -- Glad you are joining us! And glad you feel ready to talk/share your journey. There are so many wonderful women on this thread... and so many success stories with donor sperm! :hugs: My OH and i are in the same boat as you... still trying (1X) each month... still struggling with logistics, etc. And we are in the process of trying to find a new donor too. This coming weekend we are driving 4 hours (with a 3 year old!!!!!) to meet our donor... which we will not be able to afford again! We are making a little weekend getaway out of it -- going to a children's museum & aquarium! But will need to find someone closer after this! :cry:

Why is your donor driving with the sperm & dropping it off, rather than producing a fresh sample when he arrives??

ruby...thanks so much, yes that is my daughter, elyssa..we adopted her this past november from foster care...she is 2 now and we got her when she was six months...she's our angel :)

She is sooo pretty! And i love the name Elyssa! Bless that little sweetie-pie! :kiss:

Thanks for the welcomes people :)

Yeah usually the donor comes here and is able to give a fresh sample. Got to say it's much less hassle lol. But this time I won't be able to let him do his bit here because I'll be having my grandparents over to stay. I can't even send them out for the day because of my Grandad being ill :(

ELM -- Just a thought but maybe you can rent a hotel room so he can have some privacy & produce a sample once he arrives? We have found some cheap ones to use when we travel... under $50.

faithbabies -- My OH & i are using the donor agreement from the FSDW website. We have not used a lawyer or even a notary. These two things would make it more legally binding i would imagine? But... i figure a signed agreement is better than nothing.

Thanks RubyRainbows, we looked into it but I live in the middle of nowhere lol... there's literally a small pub and a post office within a half hour drive of my house! No exaggeration haha!

Thanks for your help though :)

We decided to just muddle through this donation as best we can and then carry on as normal next cycle. At least we can say we will be giving it a shot anyway :) xx

I completely, randomly just emailed an old (barely!) friend on FB... asking if he would like to be a sperm donor! I think desperation is getting the best of me!!!!!! I haven't even seen him in like 13 years... i had gone to his prom with him!

Oh well. Worth a shot! Ha! Life's about taking chances, right?! :wacko:

(Fingers crossed that this goes better than the last random email i sent... 2 emails actually... to a different old friend... since he never even bothered responding!!!!!!)

Hi all,

I'm new on this thread so bear with me lol

I've been on bnb for a while now and always been a little shy about admitting that I'm using donor sperm but sod it! It's always hard when you hear about women ttc and they are the ones who can BD pretty much whenever they want. Only having one shot a month is a real bummer! :(

Anyway, this will be my 4th time trying with a donor. I started with a donor I met on a free site, can't remember what it was called now and we got on great. He travelled 4 hours just so he could donate and I could use fresh sperm. AI of course. We tried twice and sadly it didn't work. A few days after the second donation from him he quit being a donor so I had to start looking all over again!

I have had one donation from my new donor, which was unsuccessful and we are about to try again on the 24th, a week away. Still AI. Definitely not going to be doing NI! :S

I'm being really stubborn about not missing out on this cycle because I skipped last month (ov day was on xmas day lol).

Can't stop stressing!!!

But there, I got it all out and I feel loads better for it lol :D

Good luck to everyone else out there too!! xxxxxxxxx

Hi ELM!

I have a suggestion given your circumstances. You could pick up the donation, go to a bathroom somewhere, and put the sperm in a softcup, then insert the softcup carefully and go drive home or do whatever you need to do. The softcup insemination is so easy, and better than using 2 hour old sperm. EDIT: (although maybe I have misunderstood your circumstances). Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Good luck and welcome to our crazy group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->