Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

The :witch: came. :cry: I feel like we should give up. It just does not seem like it's meant to happen right now. The donor we used this time said the other couple he was working with conceived the 1st cycle, with only 1 insemination. We just can't afford to keep traveling month after month after month...... and have nothing to show for it. The timing was PERFECT! :sad1:

Hi, i'm just new to this site (today lol) and haven't read all the threads yet. But i'm recently pregnant through donar insemination. I went to my Dr and got refered to the hospital and got everything done through there (I live in Scotland). It took a year from my initital appt to tests, counselling and the waiting list and all in all took a year and I am now 12+1 pregnant but couldn't be more happier and was sooo easy through the Hospital so just wanted to share this incase it could help anyone!

Love Loobs xxxx

The :witch: came. :cry: I feel like we should give up. It just does not seem like it's meant to happen right now. The donor we used this time said the other couple he was working with conceived the 1st cycle, with only 1 insemination. We just can't afford to keep traveling month after month after month...... and have nothing to show for it. The timing was PERFECT! :sad1:

So sorry :-( Don't let the news about the other couple deter you. It's not as easy for some, but that doesn't mean it won't happen for you. :hugs:

Don't worry Ruby, when its your time it will happen. My donor has gotten people pregnant since he's been working with me too and i know how frustrating it is when other people are getting pregnant and you're not. My timing has been dead on for most of my cycles and its still not happening. I just keep questioning what i'm doing wrong, but its not us. I am so impatient too! Don't give up hope. Our babies are just around the corner waiting for the right month to come to us. Can you not look for a more local donor?

:( I'm sorry Ruby. I can understand why you are discouraged and frustrated. I really do think you guys should try a couple of cycles with you as "inseminatee", especially since you have had a successful pregnancy in the past. Did you gals try many cycles with you with fresh sperm? I hope you don't give up. I know you and V are wonderful parents!

Thanks so much Erin! I had conceived my son prior to meeting my current OH. I was in between relationships... hooked up with a guy a few times... and bam! I got pregnant the 1st month, without trying.

This time... while TTC baby # 2... i attempted 3X... all with frozen :spermy:

I haven't tried at all with fresh (this time)... and now i'm too worried bc of my weight & my insulin level being high!

I'm starting to think maybe i should work on losing weight, getting heathier, and then try with fresh :spermy: on me....

But then that means we are back to the waiting game.......... :growlmad:

Ruby, don't give up! If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again!

I inseminated last night with fresh sperm, but also used preseed as I think I'm quite dry(sorry), anyway I mixed it with the sperm then inserted it. Is this the correct procedure? Anyone used preseed before?....

i'm sorry ruby i know you are feeling down and i wish i could give you a :hugs: to make you feel better....the reasoning why it doesnt work when we want it too never ceases to amaze me...like my foster babies, there parents pop out 7 or 8 and never take care of them, beat them almost to death but keep getting prego...yet my hubby and i have to resort to donor sperm and still don't have a baby...it's not fair but i also know everything happens for a reason...stay positive and your baby will come...i just know that when it happens you'll look back and say it was worth it or you can see that it happened at the best time in your life. it just sucks waiting i know....hang in there and don't give up!! :thumbup:

Keep your head up Ruby, you *will* get there soon darling....

Looks like we may be inseminating this week :happydance: I saw a faint line on the Ovulation test today...well it was plainly visible but a LOT lighter than the control, so I got in touch with our donor who will available.. we just need to sort out how to meet now we're car less :(

is it just me or is seeing that line almost as heart-warming as seeing a BFP, or am I just experiencing first time TTC naivety?

November I always got excited when I got my little smiley face on OPKs!

Ruby, don't give up! If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again!

I inseminated last night with fresh sperm, but also used preseed as I think I'm quite dry(sorry), anyway I mixed it with the sperm then inserted it. Is this the correct procedure? Anyone used preseed before?....

Sorry to crash the thread but just wanted to say that I used Conceive plus the cycle I got my BFP and I mixed it with the swimmers in the syringe before inseminating. So it worked for me.

hi everyone i am new to this thread i am 31 and ttc my first child throught donor the witch got me yesterday so this is know my 9th cycle was just wantin people to chat with ect... and wish you all luck in getting your bfp xx

have you tried to get a donor closer to you ?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering has anyone used softcups after the insem to help move things along? If yes, how long after the insem did you insert, and how long did you leave it in there before you took it out again? Any tips or advice on them would be great :)

A pack of them arrived today but I'm still a couple of days from finishing AF, so might practice putting them in whilst the witch is still here, make extra use of her lol!!

Ruby: How about working on losing weight whilst you're still actively TTC? I can see it would be difficult, with travelling to the donor etc... but would it be more likely to motivate you to drop a couple of pounds knowing that it could be helping you to conceive, without having to play the waiting game? It could even boost your chances! I hope that made sense, at least I know what I'm talking about lol :blush:

Baby dust to everyone :) xx

^^^
I need to lose weight and I'm working on it while we're TTC. I'm not doing anything drastic that would harm the cause, just eating healthy and getting some walking in. The fact that I really don't want to put any junk food in my body when there might be a baby growing in there helps too!

I'm trying not to get too nervous about the donor going out of town. If I O at CD14 he will be gone :( so I'm still hoping I'm a little late. It's hard enough to coordinate all this, but with him being away I'm freaking a little about reading OPKs right and triggering at the right time.

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering has anyone used softcups after the insem to help move things along? If yes, how long after the insem did you insert, and how long did you leave it in there before you took it out again? Any tips or advice on them would be great :)

A pack of them arrived today but I'm still a couple of days from finishing AF, so might practice putting them in whilst the witch is still here, make extra use of her lol!!

Ruby: How about working on losing weight whilst you're still actively TTC? I can see it would be difficult, with travelling to the donor etc... but would it be more likely to motivate you to drop a couple of pounds knowing that it could be helping you to conceive, without having to play the waiting game? It could even boost your chances! I hope that made sense, at least I know what I'm talking about lol :blush:

Baby dust to everyone :) xx

hi i also have the softcups i started useing pre seed and then also got the softcups but i am a bit nervous about useing them lol

aw really sorry ruby:hugs: hope your time comes very soon x

things are just getting stranger for me. after spotting before my last period which has never happen before i have now had a mega short cycle :witch: arrived today making this a 21 day cycle! wtf? i don't think i ovulated either, although it's possible i ovulated before cd9 which is unheard of. cd19 or 20 is normal for me. i have had a slight brown tinge to my cm most days this cycle too. i'm just so confused atm. i'm praying this isn't the beginning of the end for me:cry:

maybe i should ask my donor to be on standby this month in case it's early again? we've been lucky so far, i have been so regular that as soon as my period arrives i can give him the insemination date. he's never had to come last minute or 'wait and see'

i hope this cycle is a normal one and i get my :bfp:. i had some wonderful news today. someone very close to me who has struggled for 2yrs has told me she is pregnant:cloud9: hopefully i can join her

Rosie, is it possible that you are pregnant? Such a short cycle seems highly unusual. Sometimes people think they are having their period, when really it is implantation bleeding.

i didn't have a donation this month:cry: because my temps were crazy, i had blank opks (i normally have a faint line at least) and i've had no ewcm i cancelled it as i was sure i hadn't ovulated

i didn't have a donation this month:cry: because my temps were crazy, i had blank opks (i normally have a faint line at least) and i've had no ewcm i cancelled it as i was sure i hadn't ovulated

:( Sounds like something might be up with your hormones then. When I was first TTC and thought I wasn't getting pregnant because of me I did some acupuncture for fertility. that can do wonders for underlying hormonal issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->