Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

rosie...so sorry you are having a hard time of it!! :hugs: hope things get better soon and that you get a pos opk....your bfp is around the corner girl!!

topaz...yay for team blue:blue: congrats and i love the name :happydance:

SO it was too early to see anything on the ultrasound (which I knew) but my levels are going up and I have to book another ultrasound for 2 weeks from now. The spotting HAD stopped, but it started again this morning. Eurgh. I am stressed.

naaxi...FX'd that the lil bean is just burrowing down deep in that lining and sticking good...stay positive and i'll be praying those numbers keep rising! :hugs:

Still no :witch: but tested this morning and got a :bfn:.

I expected her yesterday, hoping she stays away and I still have hope to test again Monday.

Naaxi... good luck!

Rosie -- :hugs: That sounds very frustrating... if i were you, i would still do the insem. Maybe the OPKs just aren't working for some reason! :shrug: Trying with a small chance of it working is better than no chance at all, right? Good luck, with whatever you decide. I hope you get that BFP soon!

Naaxi -- Thinking of you & hoping for the best! Sounds promising that your #'s are rising! And i have heard of many women who spotted & went on to have long, healthy, happy pregnancies! Your pregnant!!!!!!!! Congrats! Enjoy it! :wohoo:

Topaz -- Congrats on your blue bump! :blue:

faithbabies -- Good luck with your donor search. I need to get more serious about looking! I paid for & re-joined FSDW but haven't been looking! Guess i'm hoping this month we get out BFP -- But i know i should be working on a back-up plan. I think if this donor you are planning to meet is perfect in other ways, and only average as far as looks, you should still consider him. Maybe make a list of most important must-haves & see if he still is a good choice!

OHai -- Glad to hear the witch is staying away! Good luck! OH & I will be testing on Monday too!

Baaah! :witch: got me after all. Just a day late to torture me. On to the next cycle!

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry to hear that Naaxi :( GL for next month!

Hi everyone. Sorry i've not been around. I get too obsessive if i log in too much!

I'm 10dpo today, i inseminated 10 days ago too. Today, i started getting a brown discharge, is this normal? Its enough to fill a pantyliner (sorry) but its definitely not my period yet. I also spotted slightly at ovulation. I feel like i'm going crazy! I don't really have any other symptoms other than being hungry all the time (which could be unrelated!) and slight lightheadedness.

Help!

Hi Mechanica! Was wondering where you've been! Your symptoms sound promising! Maybe the spotting is implantation?? FX'ed for you!

https://www.babymed.com/implantation-bleeding

Big hugs OHai -- Sorry the :witch: got you :hugs:

I think it might just be my period 4 days early!! I usually get the brown stuff at the end of my period but looks like this month i may have got it at the beginning of my period. Bah.

Congrats on team blue Topaz!

Naaxi-I did A LOT of worrying early on in my pregnancy due to spotting. Can't tell you how many times I thought it was over. Try (easier said than done) not to let it stress you out too much. Chances are that things will be ok.

*pouts*

Just as we were about to become POAS addicts on the run up to ovulation, some lovely individual decided to STEAL my girlfriends car *screams* Our donor lives over 2 hours away from me via public transport and well, we had wanted to pick up and inseminate at home where I would be more comfortable - I have a feeling we won't be able to start our conception journey this month, but its not over till witchy shows her face x

Awwwww! I am sorry, November! That really sucks.

Question for anyone who uses Instead Cups...

I'm looking into buying some for this next cycle, just to help keep the :spermy: in place. I'm wondering though, are they hard to remove? I have short stubby fingers and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it out. LOL :dohh:

Also anyone ever try the Diva Cup or Moon Cup (reusable) for TTC? I'm trying to decide which is best so any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

OHai -- We used the Instead Cups this past cycle... OH said they were really easy to get in & out! I strongly urged her to practice 1st since she had never used them before... but she was being stubborn. She didn't practice before insemination... but we did watch a "How-to" video online. She said it went in easy & she could tell it was in the right place! For the 1st few hours she said she couldn't even tell it was in. After maybe 5 hours tho... she felt it & wanted it out.

Thank you Ruby for the video link! That is very helpful and makes more sense now that I can see how it works. :thumbup:

You're welcome! I liked the video too -- Def helped it make more sense to me!

Nov - that totally sucks! Talk about bad timing :(

Topaz, Naaxi - good luck with the pregs! Hope all continues to go well :)

After 2 teasing days of spotting AF finally showed. So I'm CD 1 and already so anxious about this cycle. I want to O asap so we will know if this will work but on the other hand I kinda hope O is late bc our donor is going to be out of town in 2 weekends :( I think my mood is "naive" LOL - I don't want to be pessimistic but I feel like we aren't lucky enough for this to work, esp not the first try.

yeah it totally sucks that the car has been stolen, but my OH is determined that we'll start this month, so she'll probably hire a car, as we don't particularly want to (maybe) conceive in a random hotel room lol

So the Ovulation sticks will be coming out and we'll email our donor tomorrow and let him know we're closer to ovulation :happydance:

I'm so excited but I can't bare to tell anyone we're trying, not because I'm scared of the reaction, but I miscarried both times I've ever been pregnant before.. I'm just hoping the next time I get a BFP - it'll be a sticky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->