Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I have a confession ladies... :wacko:

With who knows how many months until I am TTC, I may have bought a pram :blush:

I fell in love with Silver Cross recently and found one cheap on eBay this morning... couldn't resist placing a bid, thinking it'd go for much more than I bid and it didn't :dohh:

I guess if I don't like it after testing it around my flat, I can always sell it on and get my money back.

Anyone else ever done something like that or am I the only mad one? :haha:

When we first started TTC, years ago and before we knew we couldn't on our own, I had collected pretty much everything. Crib, clothes, toys, carrier, linens. Everything but a stroller. Oh and a baby ;) I don't think there's anything wrong with it. We've long since given it all away and now have nothing but an heirloom cradle. But it's like losing weight - no one ever complains about buying smaller clothes! I'd be over the moon to have to start collecting again.

Congrats on your new bundle of joy Gina!! :happydance:

hello to everyone else..i've not posted in a few days, been super busy over here...we are still narrowing down possible donors....had been talking to one that's pretty local and when i told him we'd like to meet him first he set a date but my hubby out of town then so i asked him to set it for another time and he hasn't replied....i didn't think he was good looking anyway, just liked the fact he lived close:nope:
talking to another guy now that is a couple of hours from us, he sounds so nice and his wife is infertile as well...he isn't that greatlooking either, but does have big ears and dark hair like my hubby....is that crazy that i would go with someone i don't absolutely love their looks??? anyway, this guy seems really great and would meet us halfway which isn't bad. the only other prospect is much better looking but would have to ship since he's in new york. we don't want to start trying till april so we still have time before we decide....i'm going to email the second guy today and see if he wants to meet up soon...he was the second one to say he has never met first with anyone he was going to donate to...seems weird to not want to meet them first. but he said he and his wife used egg donor and wanted it to be as anonymous as possible so i can understand now why some people would just want to think of a donor as a donor.
anyway, that's all with me....hope u are all well:) :)

We've decided to use the known donor. It wasn't really ever a question. We knew he's the one we wanted to use but we still are pretty lost as to how we will respond to people with questions. I guess if push comes to shove we will just tell them to butt out!

I've got all my Rxs filled, got the collection cups and syringes, made arrangements around donor being out of town... So now just waiting on AF to get the show on the road. I expected it yesterday so hopefully today will be the day.

Congrats, Gina :D

I was spotting yesterday and crampy but by my belly button, not my uterus. I am so scared I am losing bub... :cry: And the doctor said my hCG levels were low at 640 at 5 weeks, but What to Expect lists that as normal... I am going in today for bloods and in 2 days for more. I just hope bub clings for dear life! FX.

Hang in there, Naaxi. Many people have spotting in the first weeks and then go on to have healthy pregnancies. *hugs*

Thanks. I am at the docs now, hopefully she has some ideas. She didn't even like that I was spotting before, when AF was due, though. Pout.

Doc ordered bloods and a urine sample and an ultrasound for tomorrow morning. I feel better, but still having some spotting. She says she's seen women who bleed lots and still have healthy babies so we'll see.

Naaxi -- I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers! Be strong little bubs! Keep us posted! :hug:

Naaxi- I had lots of spotting & cramping and am almost 34 wks! Also, I don't remember my exact Hcg numbers but 640 at 5 wks does not seem low to me at all! Keep us posted on how things go tomorrow.

Thanks ladies. Tests in a few hours, then I have to go to work right after because I took yesterday off. Boourns. BUT I am feeling a LOT better about everything :D FX I'm not keeping hope for nothing. Bubs! If you can hear me, hang tight! LOL

I know lots of women say they bled during pregnancy, even on a regular "cycle". It would still freak me out though and I hope everything works out ok for you :)

Girls just thought I would share my giant bump pic! It was taken this past Sunday when I was 33 wks. I can't believe she has to cook for 6 more weeks! I'm going to pop!

Attachments

• SNC00821.jpg
    SNC00821.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
Any word on your test results Naaxi? Hoping everything is ok!

hey ladies, just checking in...busy around here with all this cold weather we are having...
i stalked naaxi and on another board she posted everything is ok...her beta is doubling nicely...she saw the sac but too early for heartbeat.....sorry Naaxi for stalking you...i was worried! sorry for posting your news too!! :blush:

epdttc...what a beautiful baby bump...i want one!! :thumbup:

afm....still trying to find the right donor....we are supposed to meet with one guy next weekend (possibly) we will only drive about an hour to meet him so that's not bad but awkward with a 2yr old and 11 month old lol...can't leave em with anyone who may get suspicious lol....anyway this guy is so nice and mature...supposedly his wife is prego now with twins thru ivf and egg donor so he understands the donor situation...i don't think he is totally handsome like my hubby is, but he has similar features and like i said he is so nice and easy to talk to...anxious to meet in person and see if he is the one...also met someone on FSDW website who is not similar in features to my hubby but is SO handsome and is very tall like hubby....waiting to hear back from him but think he will be a drive as well....still have NY donor in background in case i decide to do shipped semen *overnight*.......this is hard work!!! we hope to start trying in april so i hope we can make a decision soon. the other guy we were talking to that lives about an hour from us dropped off the face of the earth lol...we were talking about meeting and then he just stopped emailing.i wasn't too sure bout him anyway :wacko:

well hope yall are having a great weekend so far :)

hi ladies

got my fingers crossed for you naxxi:thumbup:

afm i think i'm gonna have to cancel my donor tonight:cry: i don't think i'm going to ovulate this month:cry:
normally i have a faint second line on opks no matter what cd but this month i have had nothing but blank white spaces. also i usually have temps of 97f and below before ov and then 98f and above after ov. i have never had a temp of 98f or above before ov but this month my temps have climbed from cd9 and i've had lots of 98f temps. i would usually ov tomorrow so i don't think it's gonna happen this month:cry:

i don't really want to spend the money on petrol if i know there is no chance of it working. i'd rather put the money in my baby fund.

feeling very down today. started this in september and i've only managed 2x 2wws. i hate my body at the moment and i hate the docs even more for not even being prepared to speak to me to find out more because i'm single:cry:

hey girls found out today im on team blue again.

callum is gonna have a little brother joshua jacob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->