Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

thanks epd and congrats on your new baby!

i gave up iui and home insem and tried my 1 shot at ivf. it's been quite nerve wracking and it's still early. i have my beta tomorrow.

this thread was the first one i encountered on this board and i spent a few days just reading and learning from you ladies. you have all been a great source of comfort and support for me so i think i'll always come back and check on you all.

:dust: to everyone still TTC

Congrats Mechanica! And Cranberry-it looks like congrats are in order for you too!!!

hey nimyra, i made a post because i was in disbelief of the lines :)

i do my beta tomorrow

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/590735-am-imagining-line.html

Erin, I can't find anything by cranberry about possible good news -- can you link something?

Hello girlies :)

Sorry I haven't been around much lately - moving home and jobs and all sorts of stressful things have been taking over...but we're hopefully looking at starting to TTC come the end of the summer...so I'm just doing some analysing of my cycles and can't really see much of a pattern.

My last 6 cycles were of lengths: 32, 40, 36, 35, 35 and 33.
I had EWCM on days: 17-19, 20-23, 19-22, 19-24, 20-24, and 17-23.
Which means my luteal phases have been: 13, 17, 14, 11, 11 and 11.

Not really very helpful when it comes to planning when to insem :( I've got some vitamin B complex - but was wondering if theres any other holistic type things I could try out to sort my cycles out...?

Good Morning Ladies,

I didn't think to join until today. i have been reading your posts for a couple of months now, as my wife and I try to conceive.

We had 2 tries at the clinic after trying at home 5 times. We are back to trying at home for financial reasons. As you can see, we are definitely doing something very wrong. Need help!

We are doing at home, have a known donor and have anonymous donor. I see the use of Pre'seed, spectulums, syringes, monitors etc. We haven't had a very high tech monitor, just the sticks, and we use a small syringe because samples are so small, but I think we need to be directed differently now. The instead cups work well? Should we use a 10ml syringe, and what about collection of the sperm?

ANY help is appreciated!!!

Hello, i used instead cups a couple of times (i didn't get pregnant during those months) and i always used a 10ml syringe (even though the sampes were only a couple of mm, the 10ml syringe is longer so gets closer to the cervix). Also, when i inseminated, i left the syringe in for 30 minutes to sort of 'plug' the hole so the semen didn't seep out. I don't know if that helped or not!

Other than that, just normal generic information. Relax, bum on pillows. Draw the sperm up very slowly, insert and press the plunger slowly too. Stay there for about 30 minutes. Sometimes this is when i would insert an instead cup (so the sperm wouldn't 'fall out') and then i would go to bed (i always inseminated at night).

I only ever used the cheap ovulation sticks from ebay, nothing fancy and that was sufficient for me.

Good luck!!!

Hello girlies :)

Sorry I haven't been around much lately - moving home and jobs and all sorts of stressful things have been taking over...but we're hopefully looking at starting to TTC come the end of the summer...so I'm just doing some analysing of my cycles and can't really see much of a pattern.

My last 6 cycles were of lengths: 32, 40, 36, 35, 35 and 33.
I had EWCM on days: 17-19, 20-23, 19-22, 19-24, 20-24, and 17-23.
Which means my luteal phases have been: 13, 17, 14, 11, 11 and 11.

Not really very helpful when it comes to planning when to insem :( I've got some vitamin B complex - but was wondering if theres any other holistic type things I could try out to sort my cycles out...?

Hello,

I don't know much about holistic remedies, but i just did a bit of googling and found this. I don't know much about the source though.

https://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/620/

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html

Hope that helps a bit.

Congrats all around! Please add to the success stories thread (see siggy below) when you get a chance! Follow the format suggested on the first page.

I'm not sure if I'm out this month at 9dpo :( my cycles are usually 30 days and AF shows like clockwork but I've just wiped and saw a bleed - no idea why, I'm so confused AF is never this early

I don't know how much is too much to be spotting it was easily gone with one wipe I guess by later today I'll know if it's AF :(

First donation for this month went smoothly... it took an hour from ejac to insem but he used this special pack to keep the sperm cool on the way here because of the recent hot weather. Using Instead SoftCups again. Didn't bother with pre-seed this time seeing as I've got lots of my own EWCM, more than I have the last couple of months anyway. Another donation is lined up for Monday if we're lucky, not sure if we're going to be able to manage it just yet.

A weird question for any SoftCup users out there... did anyone have to pee all the time when wearing one? I haven't drank a lot today and it's only started since I put it in about two hours ago. Very strange!

xx

Yeah it does get disheartening..this is my 22nd cycle and still no forever baby :(

And I really admire your strength sweets, I read your journal quietly and it gives me strength to continue until we get our forever baby :)

Well, no 2ww for us next cycle - we're on holiday in just over a week, my girlfriend is taking me someplace hot and full of beaches for my 30th birthday - gives us some time to relax, regroup and come back refreshed to try again

Hi me n my partner has decided to get preg together yeah i mean both of us!! :) shes going to be trying in may!!! im sooo excited.. my donor wont be here until june.. so i will be skipping.. but im glad she consider to get preg too.. it will be amazing!!! i was wondering how to u track ur temp i never understand it do u still use ovulation strips too??

TTC-I might be wrong here and someone please tell me if I am, but I would think that keeping the sperm cool would kill them. Usually when I got a sample from my donor I would keep it in my bra to keep it as close to body temperature as possible. Might be something worth researching.

TTC-I might be wrong here and someone please tell me if I am, but I would think that keeping the sperm cool would kill them. Usually when I got a sample from my donor I would keep it in my bra to keep it as close to body temperature as possible. Might be something worth researching.

yes I agree my dr told me it has to be kept close to the skin to keep it warm not cool.....

Oh my God, I was just going on what research I did for keeping sperm healthy on long journeys... e.g. when sperm banks send out samples in dry ice containers etc. Because where I live it's been really hot lately so surely putting the sperm in an even warmer location (like his pocket as he's done before) would kill them all off? I know that I've read about men wearing loose boxers to keep cool to help their fertility, and I just assumed this would be the same.

OK, panicking now! That was our only donation for this cycle and I haven't even ovulated yet :cry: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->