Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi Ladies,

Last insem for the month today. I used the instead cup. Also been taking Robitussin (recommended from doctor), we are pulling out the stops. About a 2 minutes from the donor so it was pretty quick, short of NI. We are hopeful over here that this is it!!

Will keep you posted!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that we finally got our BFP after almost 3 years of trying on Easter Sunday!! It happened on DP's third attempt!! We are so over the moon but obviously very scared too as its still VERY early days!!xx

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that we finally got our BFP after almost 3 years of trying on Easter Sunday!! It happened on DP's third attempt!! We are so over the moon but obviously very scared too as its still VERY early days!!xx

that's SOOO awesome !! CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby: :flower:

This is a pretty lucky thread at the minute! Hurry up and be my turn!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new-ish here and my partner and I have just started our first round of TTC at home with fresh donor sperm yesterday. Last night was our first try on my CD13. I'm using temping and OPK's and it looks like my LH surge is just ramping up now (I had almost a full degree temp surge this AM). We've determined that last night was "just practice" but I felt a bit weird and really nervous as...I'd never even had unprotected sex and never even knew what it would feel like to have that stuff inside of me. Anyway, it went off without a hitch and even though I was nervous was able to have an orgasm then I kept my hips elevated for about 30 minutes after. We planned to try 5 days in a row for this cycle so here we go again tonight! I have some instead softcups that I bought but I didn't use one last night. I think I will tonight.

Rationally, I think we're doing all the right things but I feel like I'm going a little crazy and always wonder what we could be missing. Can you think of anything? I've been reading back through this thread and noticing that everyone is really supportive. Sorry for spilling my entire story here. It's just bothering me that I feel so new at this and wanted to see if we were doing anything that rose red flags with some veterans.

Thanks for reading and the support! <3

welcome.

are you using opk to detect your ovulation, just wondering cos if you had a big temp rise that would usually indicate you have ovulated.

welcome.

are you using opk to detect your ovulation, just wondering cos if you had a big temp rise that would usually indicate you have ovulated.

I have been, but they haven't gotten as dark as the test line yet. Almost though. To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I have or if I am just on the verge of ovulation because my temp threw me off. Either way, we tried last night and are trying again tonight and for the next few days so that should have us covered, right?

It's hard to see in this picture, but this was my OPK from this afternoon. I think the left line (the test line) didn't actually look this dark in person...but maybe that's just from me staring at it! The lines have been much more faint in the past few days...
https://i52.tinypic.com/jp91ls.jpg

What do you think?

id say you ve got it covered either way but if temp stays up id be inclined to say you have ovulated already.

Ok, then. Fingers crossed we're doing this at the right time then! :)

yeah I'm definately no expert but sounds like you are doing things right ! You are lucky to be able to do it 5 days in a row for your cycle ! Most ppl that insem only get the donor to do it like 1 or 2 days....I think you have a better chance at it !

Welcome to the thread too !! :thumbup: :flower:

good luck and lots of :dust:

Hi all,

Congrats :flower:! it must be so overwhelmingly good for you guys!

Congrats Kezza! Very exciting news!

Welcome geekgrrl! Sounds like you are doing well. The goal is always to inseminate a day or two before and day of ovulation so it sounds like you did that!!

Cranberry-those betas are looking pretty high....twins?

Thanks everyone!!

As you can imagine we are still in shock but as you say Cranberry, so overwhelmingly happy!!
Congrates to you too!! xx

Congratulations Kezza! :hugs:

GeekGrrl - Good luck with your first cycle! :thumbup:

xx

Congrats Kezza!!!!!!!! I am loving all this good news lately!

Well, this continues to get more confusing. I did another OPK when I got home last night and it was dark-er, but still not quite as dark as the comparison line. We tried again last night anyway and I did use the instead softcup afterwards. I didn't feel like I was leaking so that was more pleasant, thank you. This morning another OPK was again dark-er but not as dark as the other line just yet and my temp was down .3 degrees from yesterday. With a temp spike on Thursday and the OPK's saying I'm probably at the very beginning of my LH surge, I'm not sure what to believe. This is confusing :S

I know I'm new here and I don't know you but wanted to say CONGRATS KEZZA! Best wishes to you!

GeekGrrl - Sometimes there can be a dip in temps on/just before ovulation. I had it this cycle too if you look at my chart :thumbup: You'll have to google it for more info though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->