Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hey ladies sorry i've been MIA....so my first AI cycle at home was a BFN...i was a day late, which i'm never late at all and almost thought i was BFP but NOPE!! anyhoo, we had to get new donor and luckily i found another one who will ship this cycle and we should receive it 5-13-11....fingers crossed for a BFP!!!

ruby..so glad u also found a new donor!!! hoping this is your month!! :) now i want a bunny!! :)

hope everyone is doing well :flower:

I'm all about the "least mess" method. Put sperm in instead cup. Insert carefully. Mush it about a little from the bottom to ensure contact with cervix. Later take out and straight into the trash. No clean up required!

hmm that sounds better than what I was planning on with the syringe.....
thanks !

Yeah I agree with Nimyra, just putting the semen into the cup and inserting it is so much easier and took a lot of stress out of the whole process for me personally xx

I don't really know where else to go to vent. It's quite upsetting....but nobody's fault, so I can't even be mad or have anything to direct my being upset at. :/
Our donor, for work, has to be at the space shuttle Endeavor's launch. I'm a thousand miles away in Massachusetts. It looks as though NASA will not announce until Friday when they're actually attempting another launch.
If they're doing it next week or very soon, I'm 100% out as I'm due to ovulate by Wednesday.
If by chance they postpone it for weeks or indefinitely or something, he will actually cone back. But that's a small chance.
I guess I'll just have to see....

It's just really upsetting because this is my fourth cycle of clomid. :(

Aww that sucks, do you have anyone you could use as a back-up?

I don't. I've thought about getting a backup, but I feel like it's a little....I don't know. I'd feel a little awkward getting pregnant by a "back-up donor." It's saying that the bio-dad of my future child is second best. Second choice. Last resort.
I know a lot of people use backups, but I'm not sure if it's for me.
My fiancé and I are sad enough that our children can't be his biologically. It's amazing enough that we found a donor we trust and are okay with being our child's bio-dad.
I definitely don't mean to offend anyone who uses a backup! I just don't think it's for me.

Yeah I agree with Nimyra, just putting the semen into the cup and inserting it is so much easier and took a lot of stress out of the whole process for me personally xx

ok thanks... and how long did you leave the cup in ?

I don't really know where else to go to vent. It's quite upsetting....but nobody's fault, so I can't even be mad or have anything to direct my being upset at. :/
Our donor, for work, has to be at the space shuttle Endeavor's launch. I'm a thousand miles away in Massachusetts. It looks as though NASA will not announce until Friday when they're actually attempting another launch.
If they're doing it next week or very soon, I'm 100% out as I'm due to ovulate by Wednesday.
If by chance they postpone it for weeks or indefinitely or something, he will actually cone back. But that's a small chance.
I guess I'll just have to see....

It's just really upsetting because this is my fourth cycle of clomid. :(

:hugs: That sucks! Maybe it will work out, there's still a chance!

Good luck.

Question for both of you:

After inserting the Instead Cup did you lay down flat, lay down with pelvis elevated, or sit up immediately (to "dip" the cervix into the cup)?

Did you mix anything with the semen?

Nimyra -- Is this what you did the cycle you got pregnant?

:flower:

I left the cup in for 8-10 hours. Can't remember the exact amount of time though.

I inserted the cup whilst sitting upright on the toilet seat, then I went to the bedroom to lie down with a pillow underneath me for about 30 minutes, after that I just carried on as normal really. I always forget the cup is in there so I have to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take it out! So they're definitely comfortable :haha:

The first time I used the cups I mixed in a little pre-seed but for some reason I didn't bother this cycle. No specific reason behind that, I just didn't use it.

xx

i used to insert preseed then sperm then cup all while practically do ing a head stand. lol.
i would then get up immediatly and sit having a cuppa with my donor, tht way my cervix was right in the cup. i always left it in a good 5 hours or more

OH likes the idea of pouring the semen into the Instead Cup & then inserting it. She has been putting them in about 15 minutes after insem. But feels comfortable enough with using them that she thinks she can insert it without spilling our precious donation!

She would like to try this, before trying the speculum.

Thanks for the idea, girls! See... i continue to learn new things on here everyday! :hugs:

Maybe we wont even need a "next time" method... ha... maybe our BFP is right around the corner! FX'ed!

might be worth having a prctice inserting one with some water or preseed in.

i found it really difficult to insert it with the stuff in but i have a low pubic arch which was probably why.

fx'd you get that bfp, i think its def your turn

Ruby - I was worried I'd spill when I inserted the cup with the semen in it, but it's a lot easier than it seems. I've done it three times now and not had any accidents. I always spill when I'm taking it out though, but that doesn't make a difference anyway I don't think seeing as the swimmers should be well on their way by the time I'm removing the cup several hours after the insem. Good luck! xx

I never spilled when it was just sperm in the instead cup. One time I mixed 3 ml of egg whites in with the 3 ml donation and I spilled about half of it on the floor (oops!). I figured some of it still got to the right place so I didn't stress about it.

My lesson was -- don't put more than 4 ml in the cup if you dont want to spill it!

has any one got pregnant by putting the donation in the instead cup and then inserting it xxx

I'm not sure which attempt I got pregnant on. Sometimes I used the instead cup and sometimes I used a cervical cap with stem kit. I'm quite sure it works as long as you "mush it up there a bit" making sure the donation makes contact with the cervix (you can feel this through the bottom of the cup).

hey everyone, i want to start a group for gay mums n dads or who are ttc or pregnant, me and my wife are expecting our first child married jsut wondering how it all works out with registering the birth? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->