Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats Kezza! Very exciting news!
Cranberry-those betas are looking pretty high....twins?

it is totally possible epd! i did another one today (6 days after the last one) and it was 7021 :dance:

i'll know for sure at my 6 week scan on wed :baby:

Kezza -- Congratulations!!!!!!! :happydance:

Cranberry -- How exciting!!!!! Keep us posted!

Well girls....... we found a new donor! We met him last night & he is wonderful! I am sooooooooooo happy! He gave us a donation. I'm not feeling too hopeful about this 1st attempt but still thrilled to have met a nice guy! (tall, handsome, funny, sweet!)

I really hate inserting the syringe & then attempting to get it back out! I swear EVERYTHING came pouring back out!!!!!! I was devastated! It's like the syringe acts like a vacuum seal & then when i pull it out, everything comes gushing out!??

I think maybe i should look into getting a speculum?? And maybe a catheter to "paint" the cervix?? Anyone have experience with this?

By the way, we got a little bunny for my son for Easter... isn't he sweet?? My mom said rabbits are good luck symbols for fertility! :thumbup:

<------------

great news that you got a new donor, is he near you for easy access.

have you thought about using the instead cups, you shouldnt get much leaking with them.

This donor is closer than the last 2 were (they lived 4 hours away)... this guy lives 2 hours away! Still far... but MUCH closer!

We used the Instead Cups the last few attempts... which were unsuccessful. So i suggested maybe not using them this time... but as soon as we inseminated... and pulled out the syringe... everything came gushing back out! So then i panicked & we did use the instead cup... but i'm not even sure if anything was still in there! :shrug:

This donor is closer than the last 2 were (they lived 4 hours away)... this guy lives 2 hours away! Still far... but MUCH closer!

We used the Instead Cups the last few attempts... which were unsuccessful. So i suggested maybe not using them this time... but as soon as we inseminated... and pulled out the syringe... everything came gushing back out! So then i panicked & we did use the instead cup... but i'm not even sure if anything was still in there! :shrug:

oh wow, so how do you pull out the syringe and put the instead cups in without everything gushing out? It's almost time for my 1st attempt at insem and I'm nervous that I'll do it wrong and waste the lil spermies !!!

good luck, I hope some of the spermies stayed in you !!! :thumbup:

By the way, we got a little bunny for my son for Easter... isn't he sweet?? My mom said rabbits are good luck symbols for fertility! :thumbup:

<------------

Ohhh really?? I got a rabbit awhile ago..gona go pet him :rofl:

I didn't know a rabbit was a good sign for fertility! Days before my donor came round, i bought a rabbit and it was on that cycle i got my BFP! Maybe there is something in it!

How long had the sperm been inside you before you pulled the syringe out? If it was 30 minutes ish, i wouldn't worry to be honest, that's plenty of time for the important ones to be on the way to where they should go. I always sort of sucked in when i was pulling the syringe out in the hope that i could keep some in there, but plenty get lost and i think that's fine.

So glad you've found a donor!

Congrats Kezza!

p.s. what's the beta thing that cranberry is doing?

Beta is the amount of HCG in your blood, you get it done at the doctors :)

Oh, thanks Luna! I had no idea. I wish i knew what mine is but i don't think the GP would agree to do it!

<------------

Ohhh really?? I got a rabbit awhile ago..gona go pet him :rofl:

:rofl:

Uh oh! I may be starting false rumors! Lol -- Just a superstitious thing my mom heard! :haha: But, i hope it's true! Bunnies themselves are quite fertile!

Ruby-We used a speculum and a syringe with a catheter (just near not through the cervix) followed by an instead cup the cycle I got pregnant. My partner liked being able to see my cervix and know that she was getting it in the right spot! The thing you have to be careful about is pulling the speculum out! You can pull a lot of the sperm out with it because it tends to pull in the back of your vagina near your cervix and if the speculum is all the way back it can actually pool in the speculum so if I were you I would get one and practice with water or preseed or something so you can see what I mean. I ordered the catheter and speculum online but I don't remember where from now. Hooray on the new donor! Sounds great!

Erin, thanks for the advice!!!! I think i should order it & try! It's time to try more extreme measures! :haha:

hmm, Id love to try that, cept Ive no-one to do my insemination for me anymore!

hmm, Id love to try that, cept Ive no-one to do my insemination for me anymore!

yeah I'll be doing it on my own as well....nervous if I'm gonna be doing it right !!

you ll be fine hun, i did it on my own with just a syringe and instead cups and got bfps.

the position i got my self into to do it was prob very different to others and if anyone saw me they would prob think nutter that looks uncomfortable but it works for me.

Topaz is right-you can try something new and use a speculum and catheter if you want but it's definitely not necessary! Plenty of the gals on here have gotten pregnant with just a syringe and/or cervical cup/cap.

I'm all about the "least mess" method. Put sperm in instead cup. Insert carefully. Mush it about a little from the bottom to ensure contact with cervix. Later take out and straight into the trash. No clean up required!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->