Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ok so that last post was first thing this morning and now I'm just about to settle down to sleep with no AF! It felt like she was coming this morning with a dull heavy feeling and some cramping, but since then there's been nothing!

But my God I feel rough tonight, splitting headache and have barely been able to keep my eyes open for the last two hours (it's just gone 10pm here). I can't seem to accept that it might be down to pregnancy though, in my mind it's just AF playing stupid tricks on me xx

Ok so that last post was first thing this morning and now I'm just about to settle down to sleep with no AF! It felt like she was coming this morning with a dull heavy feeling and some cramping, but since then there's been nothing!

But my God I feel rough tonight, splitting headache and have barely been able to keep my eyes open for the last two hours (it's just gone 10pm here). I can't seem to accept that it might be down to pregnancy though, in my mind it's just AF playing stupid tricks on me xx

FX'ed for you -- I hope these are preggo symptoms for you!

OH has been having alot of symptoms too: crampiness, tender breasts, lower back ache, nausea, over all achiness (they all sound promising... so i want to be hopeful... but she always seems to have false symptoms!)

I love your avatar pic, by the way! So cute!

Lunabean -- You should make fertility bracelets & sell them on here -- I would buy one!!

Ruby - Thanks, he's my little cousin... nearly 17 months old :cloud9:

My temp has gone up .1 today which I don't think is significant enough to class it as a rise, but it's still above coverline. When I checked CM this morning it was EWCM with a few tiny spots of brown blood so I think AF is coming today xx

To chart BBT you need to get a BBT digital thermometer. You should take your temp every morning before you get up, at the same time every day and try to make sure you've had at least 5 hours undisturbed sleep. I have my alarm set for 6am so I can just stick the thermometer in my mouth, record my temp on my phone and go back to sleep! There should be a spike the day after you ovulate, and it should stay high until AF is due, then there's a drop. Unless you're pregnant, then it tends to stay high. That's the basics anyway xx

check out the site fertility friend, its free to use its basic functions and has lessons on temping. it explains how to interpret the chrts.

ttc sept hop the witch stays away, do you have a link to your chart, i love looking at them

Topaz - I have a link in my siggy, but AF has arrived full force now. Horrible cramping, been sick a couple of times. Urgh!!!! xx

The most amazing thing happened!!! On an absolute stroke of luck, my donor came home JUST in the nick of time!! I should ovulate Wednesday, and just got donation 1 of 3 tonight.
However, I feel stupid, stupid, stupid!! I can't believe I did what I did.....
I do things a smidgen backwards. I insert pre'seed with time to spare; tonight I did so before leaving to meet my donor. (Preseed recommends about 30min prior to BD, so this works about the same.) I use the oral syringe to insert the specimen, and use a vibrator to try to reach orgasm. Then I insert the instead cup, doing my best to try to "scoop" everything inside the cup on the side that will be against the cervix.
And tonight, I messed up. It was a fairly voluminous specimen (4ml), and a teeny bit leaked. But when I inserted the cup, I had a feeling I didn't catch much inside...it felt like way too much was still there. So I tried to pull out the cup to attempt a better catch....and spilled. Not all of it, but enough that it made me feel like an absolute idiot.

I suppose I've just got to breathe. I'll be getting two more donations...and after all, it just takes ONE sperm. :x

But at least I'm in the running!!

Cupcake - Congrats on your donations! You're right, even after that spillage you've still got two more to have yet so you're definitely in the running. Lucky you getting three, I get two maximum :haha: Regarding the spill, I don't think every last swimmer will have come out so it wasn't a waste of time or anything. Like you said yourself, it only takes one of those little guys... try not to stress too much :hugs: xx

I love your good luck charms ! :) :flower:

Thanks! I make them :) Borrowed Angels Sorry the witch got you!

Ruby, there's fertility braclets on my site too,like the pink one I wear, there's all sorts! :) Ive made a few people from here good luck charms! All the products are in the link at the top of the page, not just the items on the homeage!

Had my fertility clinic appointment today, it went really well!!! Updates in my journal (in my sig) and met my donor today, and meeting him again on Thursday! Because last month I oved 5 days early, had positive OPKs CD12 and 13, so today is CD 11. Good luck everyone!

The most amazing thing happened!!! On an absolute stroke of luck, my donor came home JUST in the nick of time!! I should ovulate Wednesday, and just got donation 1 of 3 tonight.
However, I feel stupid, stupid, stupid!! I can't believe I did what I did.....
I do things a smidgen backwards. I insert pre'seed with time to spare; tonight I did so before leaving to meet my donor. (Preseed recommends about 30min prior to BD, so this works about the same.) I use the oral syringe to insert the specimen, and use a vibrator to try to reach orgasm. Then I insert the instead cup, doing my best to try to "scoop" everything inside the cup on the side that will be against the cervix.
And tonight, I messed up. It was a fairly voluminous specimen (4ml), and a teeny bit leaked. But when I inserted the cup, I had a feeling I didn't catch much inside...it felt like way too much was still there. So I tried to pull out the cup to attempt a better catch....and spilled. Not all of it, but enough that it made me feel like an absolute idiot.

I suppose I've just got to breathe. I'll be getting two more donations...and after all, it just takes ONE sperm. :x

But at least I'm in the running!!

Yeah at least you didn't spill all of it ! :) Have you considered just pouring the specimen into the cup and then inserting the cup? That's what I did on my 1st insem and it was easy ! I spilled a little the first time but next day I did better. Seems easier than using the syringe then trying to get the spermies into the cup... just a suggestion ?
:shrug:

Yeah it is a load easier to just put the semen into the cup and insert it. I was always really clumsy with the syringes. Once I ended up somehow spraying the "stuff" up towards the ceiling :haha: Luckily it wasn't all of it but needless to say that cycle wasn't successful :blush: xx

I officially hate softcups btw, I obv didnt put it in right last time as it hurt me, but it was def in right this time, enough that I couldn't get it out again! :rofl: It hooked in behind my pubic bone and it was NOT coming out!!! I hada fight with it for about 30 minutes, and the more I tried the more I paniced! Don't think I'll use it again lol

i had that problem i found if i sat on the toilet and beared down a bit it losened it and i could hook it out.

Yeah thats what I did, I was on the toilet googling from my phone and found that lolol. Does it just know where to go? I was worried incase it had went in there and maybe the rim pressed againsed the cervix opening and stopped them getting in?

think the only place for it to go i the right place. once it is in you can feel with your finger it sitting round the cervix.

Hello!! Baby dust to everyone. It's good to hear that we are not the only ones havin some problems with the sperm. We use a syringe to get it outside the cup and then we put it into the cervix cup. It's about 6/7 ml of very thick milklike fluid. We are kind of afraid that it's just too thick ..?? Any suggestion? DO we have to dilute it? We do three donations each month , three donations in a row are they enough ? Thank you very much for your help !!

Hi soon2bemoms!

In my experience of past donors the semen was always a bit thicker at first, but after 10 minutes or so it liquified and became a lot more runny. And I'd say three donations in a row is amazing! I don't think many people get more than two xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->