Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

It is Official! We are going to be moms, AGAIN!

:yellow:

It is Official! We are going to be moms, AGAIN!

:yellow:

Congrats on your BFP! :happydance: May I ask did you use Preseed in the softcup with the semen? I've heard they help the "swimmers" get where they need to go. How many cycles did you TTC just using this method until you conceived?

It is Official!
Congrats on your BFP! :happydance: May I ask did you use Preseed in the softcup with the semen? I've heard they help the "swimmers" get where they need to go. How many cycles did you TTC just using this method until you conceived?

Sure, I can answer this. No, we did not use Preseed. We have not used Preseed at all. However, what I will swear by, is the Instead cups!!! :thumbup: We had been trying for over a year, we read on BnB about the Instead Cups and started using them in APRIL! This cycle we used 2 "donations." Days apart. I also began taking Robitussin (my doctor recommended that to help them swimmers have an easier "route.") I layed pillows from mid-back to bottom for about 30 minutes, then took a nap (courtesy the Tussin :winkwink: ) Then I woke and went to work out at the gym and carried on the night regularly. I left the cup in for about 8 hours.

Good Luck!

Thanks Ladies!!

I will definitely keep you posted!!

congratulations!!:happydance:

i'm at a bit of a low point atm :cry:

i'm so fed up with negatives and my body has decided it's gonna go haywire.

i have suddenly developed allergies (mainly to fruit i think) which is causing my skin to flare up and itch. it's not doing my healthy eating plan much good either!

i've also found sanitary products are causing me to become very sore down below and i think i've got an infection now. i'm going to the docs tomorrow. i hope i can get the infection sorted before i ov cause i'm sure it will mean another failed attempt otherwise:cry:

it seems everyone around me is pregnant atm and it's getting hard to keep my chin up.

sorry for the rant:blush:

congratulations!!:happydance:

i'm at a bit of a low point atm :cry:

i'm so fed up with negatives and my body has decided it's gonna go haywire.

i have suddenly developed allergies (mainly to fruit i think) which is causing my skin to flare up and itch. it's not doing my healthy eating plan much good either!

i've also found sanitary products are causing me to become very sore down below and i think i've got an infection now. i'm going to the docs tomorrow. i hope i can get the infection sorted before i ov cause i'm sure it will mean another failed attempt otherwise:cry:

it seems everyone around me is pregnant atm and it's getting hard to keep my chin up.

sorry for the rant:blush:

:hugs: Aww hun! I am so sorry this is going on. I know how disheartening it can be. But we are all here for you, so rant on! All of us have been in your shoes, and someday soon, you will be in ours! :happydance: I am sending you loads of :dust:!! Just when you think it's over, it isn't. Trust me. When we insemmed, I was so upset and frustrated with the discomfort that at one point I honestly said to forget about it, that I can't do it. But, I took a deep breath, prayed, and trusted my woman. And now, we are getting a beautiful baby girl on my birthday! NEVER GIVE UP!!:hugs:

It is Official!

Sure, I can answer this. No, we did not use Preseed. We have not used Preseed at all. However, what I will swear by, is the Instead cups!!! :thumbup: We had been trying for over a year, we read on BnB about the Instead Cups and started using them in APRIL! This cycle we used 2 "donations." Days apart. I also began taking Robitussin (my doctor recommended that to help them swimmers have an easier "route.") I layed pillows from mid-back to bottom for about 30 minutes, then took a nap (courtesy the Tussin :winkwink: ) Then I woke and went to work out at the gym and carried on the night regularly. I left the cup in for about 8 hours.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the information...I wish you all the best!! :flower:

Hi everyone, how are you all?

I've only got one donation this cycle, instead of the two that we'd originally planned. FOB is having a lot of problems with work :dohh: That one donation is 3 days early, but it's not impossible so I'm keeping my hopes up! But the best thing is... it will actually be a fresh sample! In the past he's always done his part at his own place, then brought it to mine... usually taking about 50-60 minutes. But he's going to do it here instead so I can insem straight away. I just hope he actually "finishes" this time, because last time we tried this he couldn't :growlmad: Donation will be on Wednesday 22nd xx

Hi!

Yeah, you should be ok, although it is 3 days early, because of there is really more than one day to ovulation, some are just stronger. The fact that it is a "fresh" donation, will be the best thing! This could be it for you!!! Well wishes and most certainly wishing :dust: for you!

Thank you MrsMM24 :flower: 3 days is the earliest it could be. I'm going to ovulate either on the 23rd, 24th or 25th. So the donation could only be a day early. I'm just sticking with ovulation on the 25th because it seems to be the most realistic to me right now xx

3 days is still good, one of my pregnancies was 3 days before too and worked!

So, bleeding/clotting/cramping constantly today, had a scan, and baby still has a strong heartbeat! I have a 7cm blood clot beside baby and my uterus is full of blood, so not out of the woods yet. Hafta stay in hosp another while yet!

Hello Everyone, After a couple of days of reading I managed to cover all 300+ pages of this thread, and might I say wow you are all inspirations and strong strong women. My OH and I are a lesbian couple and are TTC in September we are super lucky that we have our donor who is willing to donate when we need and doesn't live to far away. I have always thought finding a donor would be the hard part but now I find the thought of insemination a bit daunting. We have been reading a storm on which methods to use and when to try. Thanks to many things we've read on this thread we have now looked into using softcups. So here is hoping that September is a lucky month.

Glad to not be a lurker anymore and looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Good luck to everyone trying this month or on the TWW, we will be joining you soon.

Welcome to the madhouse! Theres a 'how to inseminate and sucess stories' thread u might want to check out, I cant post the link cuz Im on my phone but Im sure someone will! Good luck!

:hi: Welcome twinsfan! Here is the link Luna mentioned...

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/458990-home-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Sorry i haven't been around much. We missed insemination last month due to bad weather & a tornato warning right as we were supposed to leave the house to drive to meet the donor! :dohh:

Now we are scheduled to meet him tomorrow night. FX'ed. This may be our last attempt. I am getting laid-off from my job soon & money is going to be TIGHT. Each attempt costs us about $200 for supplies, hotel, gas money, etc... and we just are not going to have an extra $200 a month right now. Plus... i feel like we have been trying FOREVER! Something must be wrong...... :sad1:

Well, i'm certainly not caught up with the thread.... but..... i read a few pages back.....

Rosie... big hugs to you :hug: and some PMA coming your way!

Luna... i posted in your journal :hugs: Keeping you in my thoughts!

TTC SEPT... i think the timing sounds fine! 3 days early is better than 3 days late! Good luck!

And i see congratulations are in order for some BFP's!! :wohoo:

OH and i started our classes to become foster parents.... so i've been working on setting up the nursery! The thought of having a sweet little baby here soon is so exciting! :cloud9: I have already started dreaming about him/her!

Hi All,

I've just spent the last few days reading through the entire thread so I feel like I 'know' you all already. I must say there are some amazing women in here and I'm so glad I've found this thread/site.

A bit about me. I'm 32 this month, been single and living on my own for the past 8 years and for the past 2 of those the need to be a mum has been getting stronger and stronger. Wasn't sure how I was going to do this on my own but after a little googling earlier this year I found a few sperm donor sites (didn't even realise they existed and certainly wasn't in the position to be paying a lot of money to a clinic!).

I'm on FSDW and I'm currently in contact with 3 possible donors who all live within an hour of me which is really important to me as, until September, I don't have the money to be covering travelling expenses which I have told them all...actually just waiting for them to get back to me.

If I have to wait til September, so be it although I would really like to try with the next cycle which will be around the 2nd week in July. I've been reading 'TCOYF' and temping, poas, checking CM and CP for several months now so I'm getting a good idea of whats going on in my body.

Anyway, best stop there cos I'll be writing an essay - I'm actually currently a student, I study Psychology at University, will be starting my 3rd year in September so maybe it would be wise to not try until then although I have thought about timing A LOT...anyway, I said I was stopping, lol. Look forward to chatting to you all.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"