Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I was just thinking that too topaz... I don't really see many single girls around BnB :shrug: xx

Hello Everyone, After a couple of days of reading I managed to cover all 300+ pages of this thread, and might I say wow you are all inspirations and strong strong women.
Glad to not be a lurker anymore and looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Good luck to everyone trying this month or on the TWW, we will be joining you soon.

Welcome to BnB!! It has been such a "tool" for my wife and I. (There is also the "Lesbians TTC" thread that you should check out) Anyway, the Instead Cups have to made a difference for us. We have been trying for over a year. Once BnB helped with the knowledge of the Instead Cups, it seems that our prayers had been answered and now, we are looking at our 1st sonogram on 6/23!!!! Good luck to you and your partner, I hope to see you around the threads soon....

Wishing you all plenty of :dust:

I definitely won't be getting my BFP this cycle. FOB tried to do his part here again (after the first shot at that failed in Feb) and it didn't happen. It puts him under too much stress. I can understand that, I know him very well and he's in the same boat as me (asexual) so doing what he needs to do goes against his nature completely. But that doesn't stop me from feeling like crap because another cycle has been wasted :cry:

You must be annoyed,Ive had donors who couldnt perform,or who missed the pot! Theres a few of us single girls on here now!

Is there any way that he can give his "donation" in his most comfortable environment, and then you can do the procedure yourself? We did the "donation" at our donor's home and then we have also done it at our own.

i always went to my donors house. i would text him when i was 5 mins away and he would have it waiting for me. he was only ever not able to produce the goods once but i did get 2 others that cycle so couldnt moan.

He usually donates at his own place, then makes his way here to give it to me so I can insem... but it takes around an hour so the sperm won't have been at their best, if they weren't dead already. I can't inseminate at his place because it's a shared house, and to be honest, it's a bit grotty. Definitely not somewhere I'd choose to do the insemination. He agrees. So unless he can somehow become a bit more comfortable doing his part at my place we're pretty much stuck. Especially as we're going to be living about 90 minutes apart from next week xx

could you go out for a walk while he does his bit. might feel less pressured if you arent in the house. he can text you when he is done.

Yeah I've just suggested that to him, thanks topaz :flower: I won't get a response for a while though because he's in an audition xx

Hi ladies, another single girl here! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear this month didn't work out TTC, i can't think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. You must be fed up though, i would be!

I had my second scan yesterday and all is well! :happydance: Due at the end of December, though as it's twins they'll come early. I'm still in total shock - will have to buy a new car and everything! I have another scan at 16 weeks to check their progress. They're fraternal twins, so non ID i think. They have their own sac and placenta. I'm so happy!! Will try and upload a scan pic!

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/265113_10150659366505634_816630633_19469047_690410_n.jpg

I still can't get over you having twins :haha: I love your two tiny bubs :cloud9: xxxxxxxx

Aww theyre so cute! Heres mines from yesterday at 7 weeks 3 days! Also started my preg journal,link in my sig!

Attachments

• 2011-06-21 11.09.28.jpg
    2011-06-21 11.09.28.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 8
Wow Twins..... My gf keeps joking that she wants Twins seeing as we are fans of the MN Twins. I believe her exact quote is "Think of the signs These Twins love the Twins" Glad to hear everyone is still doing good.

Hi again all,

I self-insem'd on 6,7,8 June based on a positive OPK on 7 June. Still no AF which is weird for me cos it's day 32 and I normally have a 27-29 day cycle. Did HPTs on 11 and 12 dpo and BFN both times. I figured I'm not preggers this time round, but still my temps are high and no AF.

Here's my chart. www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f457

It was only our first cycle TTC, perhaps my cycle is just out of wack from the stress and everything but I'd love to get some ideas from people.

I'm sure I'm tempting fate by even asking this but the uncertainty is killing me. :wacko:

I would def test again it could have been too early to show before. those temps do look good.

Your chart looks very promising and I agree with topaz... you were testing quite early when you got those BFN's. I'd test again, ideally with FMU and see what you get. I think if you were pregnant a positive would be showing by now. Good luck! :thumbup: xx

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

I had a '21 day progesterone test' this month, my GP suggested it after I informed him of my plans. I haven't got regular cycles so I booked the test 6 days after my temp shift (14/06) so presume I ov'd on 13/06 and so blood test was 20/06. I phoned yesterday and got the confirming letter today saying that my GP has seen the results and would like me to make another 21 day test next cycle. The letter goes on to say 'your results suggest ovulation has occurred, repeat day 21 progesterone on another cycle please.'

I didn't worry too much about it. Just been to see same nurse who did the blood test to talk to her about NRT and asked her if she had my blood test number on the screen, she said it was 26 but had no idea whether that was good or bad...through googling I can't seem to find a reassuring answer...

I'm trying not to worry, the nurse said the test should ideally be done 7 days before your period, yeah, easier said than done. I told her I went from my temp shift cos that tells me that I have deffo ovulated right?!?! (see I'm even questioning my own knowledge here, lol). I'm glad in a way that my GP is helping me here but I guess with TTC there's always these niggly little worries and this is one of them at the mo.

Anyway, just thought I'd update. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"