Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Loving the scan pics! Mechanica... your twins look great! :wohoo: Love them!

Luna -- Is this your 1st scan pic with a visable baby bean??? :happydance: So awesome! That baby looks comfy & cozy... hope she/he stays snuggly for another 7 - 8 months! Remind me.... does the doc have you on anything different this time? Has the bleeding stopped? I will check out your pregnancy journal later!

becsh -- Test again! :test: Things seem promising!

Hi c.30 :wave: I don't know anything about those tests... But wanted to welcome you! Starting the journey is very exciting! :thumbup:

Hi EmmaRhiannon :hi:

We met our donor the other night! He brought his girlfriend with him!!!!! But that was fine.... so happy to see she is ok with the whole process! I made the mistake of not reserving the hotel. It was a monday night & last time we were there it was empty in the parking lot! This time....... every room was full!!!!!! The donor had to go in the bathroom of a restaurant to give us his donation.... and then we inseminated in the back of our mini-van! :dohh: It was quite an experience!

Lol. Ruby - thank God for the minivan. :) Where did you find your current donor?

I am contemplating starting to look for a new donor or else look into asking my previous donor to ship... but I should probably be responsible and wait another year before TTC.

I agree. I think that the tests were early, and of course anticipation plays a part. The chart looks really ideal.

I would test again, as if you are indeed pregnant, it would be showing now, even if a little faint. False positives are not as common as False negs. Good Luck! :thumbup:

We met our donor the other night! He brought his girlfriend with him!!!!! But that was fine.... so happy to see she is ok with the whole process! I made the mistake of not reserving the hotel. It was a monday night & last time we were there it was empty in the parking lot! This time....... every room was full!!!!!! The donor had to go in the bathroom of a restaurant to give us his donation.... and then we inseminated in the back of our mini-van! :dohh: It was quite an experience!

WOW!

Now that is making the most of what you have.... At least you had a minivan :haha: His GF, that is very different, but her support can possibly make this an easier process for him so that is good. Good luck this cycle!:thumbup:

Thank god you had ur minivan! Yeah this is the first time Ive ever saw anything on a scan, saw the heartbeat 4 times now! Have another scan on Tuesday then every week until 12 weeks then every 2 weeks until 20 weeks. Bleeding has eased but not stopped, it gets worse if I walk about or pick up my nieces. Stil staying with my sis til saturday

Luna -

It seems that you do not need to walk! Or even pick up the neices, and I know it is such a hard request.

hope all you ladies are doing well. nice to see some more single ladies:flower:

well i went to the doctors. been told i've got contact urticaria. the doctor gave me some tablets but when i read the leaflet it said not to take them when pregnant, so i haven't. i told him i had been trying:dohh::growlmad:

i had some swabs taken because i thought i had an infection down below caused by an allergic reaction to sanitary towels. omg it hurt! the nurse said i was red raw inside :blush:
got the results today and it shows no infection whatsoever! i must admit i seem fine now, it must have been an allergy, i'd put money on it coming back if the witch arrives again.:wacko:

i had another donation tonight so fx'd. not very confident cause my body doesn't seem to like anything foreign atm. my donor has jinxed it too by saying he's got a good feeling about this month!:dohh:

hope we can have some more :bfp:'s on this thread

god i waffle sometimes, sorry! :haha:

I know right! Thank God for the mini van... AND tinted windows!! :rofl:

We had some time to chat with the GF while the donor was in the bathroom... she said her sister had 7 miscarriages before adopting a baby... so she said she understands that sometimes you need "help" from a 3rd party to make your dreams of having a baby come true! She was nice.

Nimyra -- We met him from the yahoo groups free donor site. I am so greatful for advice i get on here... otherwise i would have no idea how to do all of this! That's so exciting that you are considering baby #2!!

Good luck Rosie! C'mon... we need to become bump buddies ASAP!

MrsMM24 -- I see your daughters name is Kenydi... i LOVE that name! So pretty! We have Kenadee on our list of potential baby names!

Hi c.30 - great to have another single girl on board here! (Nothing against you loved-up-ladies of course :flower:)

Congrats on all BFPs and sticky beans and baby dust to all those who need it! :thumbup:

I'm only a few weeks away from my op now, so thought I'd better pull my socks up and get donor-hunting! :wacko:

I know right! Thank God for the mini van... AND tinted windows!! :rofl:

We had some time to chat with the GF while the donor was in the bathroom... she said her sister had 7 miscarriages before adopting a baby... so she said she understands that sometimes you need "help" from a 3rd party to make your dreams of having a baby come true! She was nice.

Also, as I understand it, it's actually really beneficial for the quality of the donation if your donor's girlfriend can can be actively 'involved in the process' if you know what I mean. Of course, that's not for everybody, but is something to think about.

Lots of baby dust to you (and everyone else). I haven't tested again yet, but I'm now 16dpo and still no AF. I was finding the uncertainty kind of crazy-making so I made a pact with myself to give it till tomorrow morning for AF to arrive and to try not to obsess about it in the meantime. I'll test tomorrow if I need to. I'm cautiously optimistic though. :blush: Will keep you all posted.

Ruby- Back of the minivan? Brings back high school memories for me :blush: lol Hoping for BFP for you!

Question for you guys. Our biggest worry is when to inseminate during my cycle. We have heard multiple ideas. We will be able to inseminate 3 times each cycle and want to make sure it is the best and most fertile time. Thanks Ladies

MrsMM24 -- I see your daughters name is Kenydi... i LOVE that name! So pretty! We have Kenadee on our list of potential baby names!

That is really good that she is so understanding, this is meant to be for you all!
I love the spelling! so you already know.... my vote is for Kenadee!!! My daighter would agree :winkwink:

[/QUOTE]

Also, as I understand it, it's actually really beneficial for the quality of the donation if your donor's girlfriend can can be actively 'involved in the process' if you know what I mean. Of course, that's not for everybody, but is something to think about.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to say that, but didn't want to offend. I really think if she was able to "help" his donation creation, it would make it even more "able"...

You are GOOOOOD, we would have definitely tested again. I think the morning will bring you ALOT of happiness.... can't wait on your update!:thumbup:

Ruby- Back of the minivan? Brings back high school memories for me :blush: lol Hoping for BFP for you!

Question for you guys. Our biggest worry is when to inseminate during my cycle. We have heard multiple ideas. We will be able to inseminate 3 times each cycle and want to make sure it is the best and most fertile time. Thanks Ladies

Well, I inseminated in the afternoon each time. I also used a basil them. so I could see what my temp was exactly. I have heard that mornings and evenings, but it is probably different for everyone and in this case, depends upon the time of day you are able to hoist the legs up and keep them there the longest.... Good Luck! and try to stop the worrying, it will all come together as it should.

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to find that AF had got me. I'm disappointed, especially because I'd got my hopes up. Feel a bit like my body was teasing me. I've been charting 9 months already and never been this late before. But, these things happen - and it's all good practice I guess.

TwinsFanMTB - we inseminated 3 times this cycle: 2days prior to O, 1day prior to O (and the day of our positive OPK) and on O day.
We probably would have liked to insem one day later as well but we have to travel to our donor so had flights we couldn't change.

MrsMM24 - yeah, it's a difficult conversation to have, but I reckon just by asking this person to be a donor you've already had quite a few awkward conversations. His gf obviously knows about and is supportive of the whole thing already so it's not like it's coming from nowhere. Maybe you could raise it in an email or something. (I find awkward conversations a little easier to have in writing).

I'm onto cycle 4 with donor. Will use smiley face opk this month hopefully catch the egg

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to find that AF had got me. I'm disappointed, especially because I'd got my hopes up. Feel a bit like my body was teasing me. I've been charting 9 months already and never been this late before. But, these things happen - and it's all good practice I guess.

:hugs: Sorry, i know how disappointing it is when our bodies tease us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->