Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hello,,,,, we are new to the site and very happy we came across it...my partner and I have been trying for 5months...we use preseed and a softcup...for these past 3 times..the 2 months prior we used just a syringe and preseed...any advice..we are getting really depressed ;-(

Hi dmfamily! Welcome :wave:

OH got her period yesterday. We are bummed! :cry:

welcome dmfamily:flower:

sorry to hear that ruby:hugs:

i have been preparing myself for another failed attempt this month. i just don't feel pg but my temps keep going up. anyways i just got up and did a test just so i can get on with planning the next try. OMG :bfp::happydance:

i just can't believe it! it's not faint either.

wishing you ladies lots of luck, i was begining to think it would never happen. now i've just got to find th words to tell my wonderful and patient donor

DMFAMILY - I saw you on another thread, glad you were able to find this one as well. My first piece of advice, is... DON'T get DEPRESSED!!! This is a little bit of a tougher journey for Lesbians. There is so much more needed to be successful, it will HAPPEN!!! :dust:

RUBY - Sorry to hear that AF has showed her face. On to the next cycle. Head up!

ROSIE - CONGRATS on your :bfp:!!! See, don't count yourself out. So you are having a Pisces baby??? (like meeee! :) )

Sorry to hear that Ruby! :hugs:

Congrats to you Rosie on your BFP :flower:

HUGE well done Rosie!

So sorry to those who were not succesfull this cycle :(

We are not testing until the 18th but not looking good so far, Colleen has AF symptoms already.

Will update when we know for definate.

TWOMUMMIES - GL, I hope AF stays away!!!!! Get out :witch:

Welcome to all of the newbies!!

Sorry about AF Ruby. <Hugs>

Huge congrats to Rosie and the other new BFPs!

My sweet Eden is doing great! She will be five months on Monday. So hard to believe. Time flies! She is proof that home insemination with donor sperm really works!!

OMG Topaz! You're ready to pop I bet! How are you feeling???

I'm def ready to pop thanks. I ve hit the fed up bit now. Just want him here now.

Sarah - I always use them, but no BFP yet. They seem to be a lot simpler than messing about with a syringe... but that's just me :thumbup: xx

Hi,
I'm new here and i'm so happy that i find this forum. It helps me a lot to know that other ladies are in my situation. I want to thank you all who are posting here. We are doing at home insemination too (me and my husband) with a known donor sperm. We are on the 2 cycle, the first didn't worked. I'm worried 'cause my cycle is a little bit too short, only 23-26 days and i don't know in this case when i'm ovulating. Last month i only calculated my fertile period mathematically and did not worked but now i'm takeing my temp and i saw that in the 6th day of my 23 days cycle , my temp has increased, so the next morning i did the insemination, and i did one more in the 8th day. What do you think, in my case when i have to do the inseminations, in which days of my cycle? I cheeked my cervical mucus too but I have not seen much, 'cause it is the first time when i cheek it, to my shame. Please help me with some advices. i'm really desperate because our donor even is an acquaintance is not very cooperative. Last evening for example he should come to our house for another insemination and he called as to tell that he wouldn't come. I'm sorry for my bad english i hope you understood me. I'm eagerly waiting your answers. Kisses.

I think maybe day 6 would be abit early as your period would only just be gone, you should temp your whole cycle so you get a better idea, as your temp will stay raised after you ovulate. With a 23 day cycle is cud be anywhere between cd9 and cd13, depending on you leutal phase (the days from u ovulate until next period come)

Theres a thread on here with lots of hints and tips, im on my fone so cant post it tho!

I agree with Luna, you need to temp throughout your whole cycle for your chart to look accurate. Can you use ovulation tests that you pee on (like a pregnancy test)? You can get them cheap from eBay and you'll be able to pinpoint your ovulation day a lot easier xx

are opk tests acurate? are some better than others? my cheapy ones still say negative

are opk tests acurate? are some better than others? my cheapy ones still say negative

I use the clearblue w/the smiley face. for me, that really takes the guess work out of it and is much less stressful :)

^^ Agreeing with Touch the Sky. I never got along with the cheapie ones, but the Clearblue Digital ones with the smiley face made my life much simpler, even if they do cost a bit more :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->