Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi ebelle, do you check your temps as well? If so, a higher temp today would indicate ovulation has occured. If it were me, I'd probably settle with the donation I had today but the other's may be able to give a 3rd opinion
:dust: to you

Ok, hoping this works

https://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7681/photo9ph.jpg
https://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6822/photo8hj.jpg

This is the darkest they've been this cycle, positive or negative? I hate this guess work so am seriously considering getting a clear blue fertility monitor for next month.

My cm is no-where near ewcm but then I don't really have that much ewcm every month, just lotiony and then dry. I have got pre-seed I can use. What I could do is put my donor on alert, lol, I test again 11am so if it's a positive then, I'll get him down.

Bloody hell that's a big pic, lol, hope that's ok :shrug:

JAZZNTEE - :happydance: I am happy that you got the donor, was fun for us, but definitely the hardest part as well.

:dust::dust: as you enter this 2WW! This is just another hard step in the most rewarding process. No worries about the "spillage" as what we learned is there are PLENTY of swimmers in a drop.

EBELLE - Never hurts to have another donation if you have that option, but I think as C.30 mentioned, the temp will indicate and you probably could be just fine with this one donation. If you read in my journal, this pregnancy was with one "donation." :dust::dust:

C.30 - Looks good to me, I would put that donor on Notice!! :dust::dust:

Good Morning Ladies (here in DC) I am sending out :dust: to everyone!

My temp actually went down this morning so I did do another donation today. Really hoping it works this month!

I used a syringe to get it in and the softcups to hold it in. My softcups supply just arrived last week, so am really glad to have it :)

here's hoping!

...has anyone put the "donation" into the softcup and then inserted it? our donor places his little swimmers into a sealed cup and then we use a syringe to take it and place into the softcup and we insert...should we not put it directly into the softcup? we were just using the syringe and placing near my cervix and laying still for 30 min but after 3 months of that we noticed it leaked out...so we now tried the donation inside the softcup and then inserting...any ideas? should we put the softcup in after we use syringe to inject in me? LOL sorry just nervous about this month...we have had 5 neg months :-(

either way is fine. i always used the syringe then the softcup cos i found it hard to insert the soft cup without spilling. i also used preseed.

EBELLE - FXD!!!! :dust: I cannot wait to hear that you got your :bfp:

DM - I have done it both ways, if you are nervous however about the "donation" directly in the softcup, don't be! The last 2 cycles (including this :bfp:) we insert already in the softcup. I know that it can be messy as TOPAZ mentioned, however, my wife helped as I was elevated and it was easier for her to "see" things. We practiced!! Believe me, without the actual "donation." I was JUUUST writing about this in my journal, how ironic. GL! :dust:

Hello everyone,

I am new to these forms. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone or is going through what I am and has any advice or stories to share!

My husband is in transition he is female to male. We decided about a year ago that we wanted to have another child. ( I currently have a 3 year old son from a previous relationship) We tried home insemination twice that year and both negatives. :cry: We where very disappointed and decided to take a break. So its been a year and now we're finally trying again!:thumbup: July 4th was the first day of insemination.. We fallowed all the rules to make sure everything was done correctly this time, and well seeing how badly my husband wants another child he has insisted to inseminate as much as possible even if I'm not ovulating...so we have inseminated 5 times this month. We are now on day 8 of first insemination. Its difficult to tell when I am ovulating seeing as my periods are never regular. I did buy some ovulation test though that help a little.

So.. Has anyone else try this? any success stories.. any stories at all lol. How long did it take you to get a positive? My husband seems to think that this time will work and well we both are pretty excited. I don't think we are going to take a hpt until I haven't gotten my period for a while just to avoid the let down of a negative! :(

Hello everyone,

I am new to these forms. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone or is going through what I am and has any advice or stories to share!

My husband is in transition he is female to male. We decided about a year ago that we wanted to have another child. ( I currently have a 3 year old son from a previous relationship) We tried home insemination twice that year and both negatives. :cry: We where very disappointed and decided to take a break. So its been a year and now we're finally trying again!:thumbup: July 4th was the first day of insemination.. We fallowed all the rules to make sure everything was done correctly this time, and well seeing how badly my husband wants another child he has insisted to inseminate as much as possible even if I'm not ovulating...so we have inseminated 5 times this month. We are now on day 8 of first insemination. Its difficult to tell when I am ovulating seeing as my periods are never regular. I did buy some ovulation test though that help a little.

So.. Has anyone else try this? any success stories.. any stories at all lol. How long did it take you to get a positive? My husband seems to think that this time will work and well we both are pretty excited. I don't think we are going to take a hpt until I haven't gotten my period for a while just to avoid the let down of a negative! :(

First, welcome to the world of BnB!!! Nice to have you and believe me, you will get PLENTY of people going through what you are.... I have a journal on my sig, click it and read about our insemination attempts, including this one where we have a :bfp: GL!!! :dust:

dmfamily - Yes, I just put the donation straight into the cup and insert, I don't use the syringes at all anymore... it's much easier :thumbup:

MissFemme - Good luck for this month, I really hope you get your positive! But I will say that only a couple of cycles is a really short time, and many people get their BFP's later than that so you don't have to stress too much right now :flower: xx

Hello everyone,

My husband is in transition he is female to male. We decided about a year ago that we wanted to have another child. ( I currently have a 3 year old son from a previous relationship) We tried home insemination twice that year and both negatives. We where very disappointed and decided to take a break. So its been a year and now we're finally trying again! July 4th was the first day of insemination.. We fallowed all the rules to make sure everything was done correctly this time, and well seeing how badly my husband wants another child he has insisted to inseminate as much as possible even if I'm not ovulating...so we have inseminated 5 times this month. We are now on day 8 of first insemination. Its difficult to tell when I am ovulating seeing as my periods are never regular. I did buy some ovulation test though that help a little.

So.. Has anyone else try this? any success stories.. any stories at all lol. How long did it take you to get a positive? My husband seems to think that this time will work and well we both are pretty excited. I don't think we are going to take a hpt until I haven't gotten my period for a while just to avoid the let down of a negative!

...this will probably be a bit TMI...but we have been having myself lay down and insert the soft cup myself....it took practice...standing and squatting didn't work...I have read many articles on the correct insertion...but I fold like a taco with the donation inside...and push up..and click behind the pelvic bone....I assume it is right....if I then stick my finger inside we can't feel it unless I push down...just as if I was taking it out...does this seem right? Thanks so much everyone for the feedback! :)

either way is fine. i always used the syringe then the softcup cos i found it hard to insert the soft cup without spilling. i also used preseed.

I have the same problem and so we usethe syringe too!

DM - Not TMI (for me anyway :haha:) that is EXACTLY the way to do it alone or with your help. It is in direct shot of where the little swimmers should be. We practiced it just so there is only the nerves to interfere and not amateur moves. It is a less messy situation and my wife likes it better (now THIS is TMI) because she is certain that none of that "donation" will get anywhere near her body parts or mouth as we "stimulate" the "suction" of the swimmers with a little 'extracurricular' activities... :haha:

GL :dust: :dust: :dust:

Because we've been dealing with ED in our TTC quest we've decided to try this method this cycle. Our plan is to inseminate as soon as the EWCM shows up and we have a faint OPK+...then we'll continue every other day including my peak day, alternating between the syringe and cup methods. We are also using Preseed in the cups and I will be taking Tussin to help out my sometimes sparse CM. So I'll let you guys know what happens! Wish me luck and baby dust...same to all of you!!! :dust:

GOOD LUCK to you MERCEDES!!!! I hope it is inspring to hear: that we DEFINITELY got our :bfp:with everything you just said... I CANNOT wait to hear some GREAT news from you soon...

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Any special kind of tussin to use? :) And you just use the week of Ovulation? do you continue after?

PS...thanks for the advise on the cup...I have practiced several times...and we use preseed......fingers crossed this month...we will prob be trying next weekend-ish time...

Any special kind of tussin to use? :) And you just use the week of Ovulation? do you continue after?

PS...thanks for the advise on the cup...I have practiced several times...and we use preseed......fingers crossed this month...we will prob be trying next weekend-ish time...

Use plain Tussin with no letters after the name...otherwise it may dry up your CM and you DEFINITELY don't want that! You can get it in regular or non-drowsy. I got the non because I have no trouble sleeping. You may like the regular because it'll give you a good night's (or day's) sleep! :haha: I'm planing to use it just the week of OV but I'm also using OPK's because the effects of the Tussin might mask when my fertile time ends!

Hope I have some good news soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->