Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I went and got me some clear blue non smiley ones today. Still negative :(

I went and got me some clear blue non smiley ones today. Still negative :(

how often do you test? i start testing once a day at CD9 and then twice a day on CD11. My +opk's have always come in the afternoon of CD13. it's negative in the morning of cd13 and also the morning of cd14. so make sure to test twice.. and with at least 4 hrs of urine your body (i hate that part)

I am new here and so happy that I have found a place that I fit. Dh & I have been trying for 6 years to have a baby with no luck. Well we found out that he has a 0 count. We will be using donor sperm and doing the insemination's at home. Our donor is my step dad. He also has no kids of his own because my mom get a tubal after I was born. They did get pregnant 1 time but she m/c. This will be our first ICI this month and I am so excited. I am on cycle day 7 now so we will be doing the insem soon. I am using opk's everyday and will be doing the insem when I get a + opk. I did ask the donor if we could do 2 after reading on here that you all do at least 2 a cycle, he's thinking about that and will let me know. I really hope that you all don't mind if I join you because it sure would be nice to have people to talk to that are going through the same thing. Baby dust to everyone!!

Feeling a wee bit sorry for myself at the moment. I'm CD13, been taking EPO since CD1 and I'm sure its making me feel nauseous and its really cheesing me off now so I don't think I'm going to take it tomorrow. Not sure what difference it will make to my CM or cycle but I can't stand this nausea!

Also, quick question re inseminations, once my donor has done his donation, do I just leave it for 10/15 minutes and then just suck it up into the syringe? Does this need to be done slowly or does it not matter? Also, I'm hoping to use softcups, if they get here on time, after I've used the syringe, I'm thinking this might be messy though. For those who have tried this, and I think I've read that a few of you have, hows the mess been?

Thanks in advance for any input...and welcome to the newcomers :flower:

welcome wantingbbbump!:hi:

although the more the merrier where donations are concerned i wouldn't stress too much, i just got my bfp and only had a single donation this cycle. it's all in the timing, get that right and you've got as much chance with 1 donation as you have with more.

good luck:thumbup:

I am new here and so happy that I have found a place that I fit. Dh & I have been trying for 6 years to have a baby with no luck. Well we found out that he has a 0 count. We will be using donor sperm and doing the insemination's at home. Our donor is my step dad. He also has no kids of his own because my mom get a tubal after I was born. They did get pregnant 1 time but she m/c. This will be our first ICI this month and I am so excited. I am on cycle day 7 now so we will be doing the insem soon. I am using opk's everyday and will be doing the insem when I get a + opk. I did ask the donor if we could do 2 after reading on here that you all do at least 2 a cycle, he's thinking about that and will let me know. I really hope that you all don't mind if I join you because it sure would be nice to have people to talk to that are going through the same thing. Baby dust to everyone!!

You welcome!

welcome wantingbbbump!:hi:

although the more the merrier where donations are concerned i wouldn't stress too much, i just got my bfp and only had a single donation this cycle. it's all in the timing, get that right and you've got as much chance with 1 donation as you have with more.

good luck:thumbup:

Thanks Rosie, I was kind of stressing about it..lol Congrats on your BFP!!

c.30 I ordered the cups as well but I'm not sure if they are messy. I am going to use the syringe then put the cup in so the "stuff" stays right where I want it too. Well it can go up and make a baby but other than that it's so not being aloud out..lol

c.30 I ordered the cups as well but I'm not sure if they are messy. I am going to use the syringe then put the cup in so the "stuff" stays right where I want it too. Well it can go up and make a baby but other than that it's so not being aloud out..lol

Lol, yep that's pretty much what I'm planning to do. Re the mess, I was thinking more about leakage but the plan is to insert the cup as soon after the insem as poss so hopefully this will minimise leakage.

Lots of babydust to you and everyone else who's trying soon.

Welcome SARAH - I used the softcups, and if you have read my journal or any of my posts on them, I pretty much swear by them, whether I used the syringe or not. I also agree that the Clearblue witht he smiley face is muuuuch easier and better!

MADELEINE - I am going to have to strongly agree with LUNA and TTCSEPT, that is a little too early, probably need to change that. Basically, a combination of all the methods (temping, ovu sticks, soft cups, etc) is best just so that you can cover all the timeframe basis.

C.30 - I wouldn't recommend you let the "donation" wait. ASAP is best, because then it is the freshest, air knocks the little swimmers off. In my journal I reference how we used the syringe, sometimes we used just the soft cup. When thawing, was the only time we did not use the "donation" as soon as we received it. You CM will help them, I also mention that my doc recommended Robitussin (and even baby aspirin) as it helps with ovulation, soften "barriers" and CM.

Softcups ELIMINATE the "messiness" so insert ASAP. The original use of the softcup is for no leaks....

:dust: to those still waiting and working on that :bfp:

Ive only ever used the cheapies, can be negative at 4pm then positive at 7pm!

Wantingbump - Im assuming since ur donor is ur stepdad that he wud be willing to donate as many times as possible/needed?

I almost always inseminated straight away and had 3 inseminations with this baby, but got pregnant before with one insemination. I used instead cups too, kept it in for 8 hours.

For those who have asked about softcups etc. this is how we do it.
Don't know if it's working as no luck so far but was how we were advised by fertility clinic so it's from trusted sources.

1. Have the donor ejaculate into a sterile container and immediately after place the sealed container into a warm area on your body (under armpit, in bra etc) for 20 minutes. This is to keep it at body temperature.

2. Tap container to burst air bubbles and get all into syringe.

3. lie on your back, knees apart but feet together. Raise
Your bottom higher then your hips, a cushion helps.

4. Insert the syringe as high as you can, I would recommend using
The 10cm longer syringes you can buy as they make this easier. Empty the
Syringe slowly and leave it in place for a minute or two.

5. Remove syringe slowly staying in the same position and insert
Instead cup, leave in place for at least an hour.

6. If you can it helps to have an orgasm at this point as it
Causes the cervix to dip into the pooled semen giving you more chances.

7. Stay lying down for the next half an hour and don't go
To the loo. Some will still leak it always does but this will help a lot.

Fingers crossed it helps one of you!

My at home kit just got here:happydance: I also have a faint line on my opk test oooh I can't wait. I think I should get the + opk in 4 or 5 days now.

TwoMummies- thanks for the step by step tips. I am going to try those steps.

Lunabean- I'm not sure if he is willing to do it more than 1 time this month, but he did say he is willing to try for at least 6mo. I think he's being a guy and thinking the whole "I have super sperm so it will work in one shot" lol
I'm pretty sure that if I get a bfn this month he will do it more than 1 time.

c.30- I hope that you get your bfp!! Are you nervous too? I want this to work so bad, but also trying to not get my hopes too high.

I hope that everyone has a lucky cycle and gets that BFP!!! Tons of baby dust to everyone!!

Ok ladies I'm slightly confused how exactly does the Robutusin help while inseminating this still is a little unclear to me. Thanks

C.30 - I wouldn't recommend you let the "donation" wait. ASAP is best, because then it is the freshest, air knocks the little swimmers off. In my journal I reference how we used the syringe, sometimes we used just the soft cup. When thawing, was the only time we did not use the "donation" as soon as we received it. You CM will help them, I also mention that my doc recommended Robitussin (and even baby aspirin) as it helps with ovulation, soften "barriers" and CM.

Softcups ELIMINATE the "messiness" so insert ASAP. The original use of the softcup is for no leaks....

Thanks for the info MrsMM, I'll check out your journal in a mo.

c.30- I hope that you get your bfp!! Are you nervous too? I want this to work so bad, but also trying to not get my hopes too high.

I know that feeling!!! I've been nervous the last day or 2 but this afternoon I feel really excited, I've had a darker OPK this morning so going to do another one around 5pm. Today is CD14 so I'm hoping I'll get my positive OPK soon and be able to text my donor. As said, very excited at the moment, I know it may take more than one cycle but just the fact that I'm now trying, well, I think this sums it up :happydance: lol

Oh, sorry TwoMummies forgot to thank you too, lots of good info there :thumbup:

The First day of my AF was june 28th. I have a 24 day cycle and my first Lh Surge came last night at 9pm. and my donor sperm was shipped to me from canada and arrived today at 11am. We used a soft cup but i feel as if i should have done it myself because my DW. Spilled some moving so slow. But i figure whats meant to be will be and what wont will not... So send me all the baby dust you have ladies this is my first TTC ever with my DW.

Finding my donor was the first task. Glad i have one now
:dust:

:spermy:

got my +opk yesterday at 2 pm and got my donor over at 1 pm today. annoyed with myself as wanted to take it easy this month, so was slack abt opking and now dont know when exactly the lh surge started. donor wasnt free to come yest and was only avail today

so my opk is negative today. should i get another donation tmr or shld I just be cintented with the one I had today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->