Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I used grapefruit juice too, opks, evening primrose oil, softcups, concieve plus (uk version of preseed), 5ml syringe, the Big O..and bum in the air after! :)

I used grapefruit juice too, opks, evening primrose oil, softcups, concieve plus (uk version of preseed), 5ml syringe, the Big O..and bum in the air after! :)

Great advice!! Almost forgot about the big O and the bum in the air!!! :haha: Thanks!

I used the regular Tussin, and didn't worry with the drowsy, I am such a busy body, it helped make me sit my butt down! :haha: Basically used it the week of and 2 days after the spike! (no more than 6 days though) I only used it in the evenings as I carry a pretty full day. Definitely want to still use the OPKs because you don't want to just be "drinking" that nasty Tussin.

No problem on the cups!! Definitely helps to practice. I have no idea how we were getting by without them before... :haha:

FXD Gonna be a great weekend for DM and MERCEDES! :dust: :dust:

I got my +OPK'S today!! I used Answer double line and CBE digital smile face. I wasn't sure if the answer was a + so I dipped the digital and it gave me a big ol' smile. My first ever at home insem is going to be tonight after donor gets home from work. I am a little worried because I don't seem to have a lot of EWCM. Is there anything I can do today to help that? Like will drinking a lot of water help? Also with this being my first any advice would be so great. So this is what I'm going to do (please let me know if this is right)

1. Get sample and let it sit for 10-15 mins so semen cam liquify, keeping it warm by placing it either, between my legs, in my bra or under my armpit.
2. Suck up semen into the syringe, tap out any air bubbles
3. With my bum up in the air Insert and very slowly push semen out onto cervix.
4. Slowly remove syringe and give myself the big "O".
5. Insert the soft cup (Do I do this before or after the "O"?)
6. Stay down for 30mins.
7. wait as long as I can to test.
8. Get my BFP?!?

Hi ladies! :wave: I feel kind of like a latecomer to this thread.. how did I miss it before? :dohh:

I'm on my 2nd cycle of TTC my first baby, using at-home artificial insemination with fresh donor sperm. This is what I'm doing to try to get my BFP-

1. Take soy from CD3-7 to OV
2. Temp, chart, CP, and OPK
3. When all signs are "go!" for insemination, I give my guys a head's-up usually 1-2 days prior to my fertile period.. I'm using 2 known donors (it just works better for us, giving us a degree of bio dad anonymity)
4. Donor arrives at my house, makes his deposit into a sterile glass collection cup, hands deposit off to my OH. I'm currently lying in bed with my hips propped up :thumbsup:
5. OH sucks semen up into a syringe, then inserts into my vagina, leaving it there for a few moments.
6. Remove syringe, and I insert softcup.
7. Achieve "O" and lay in bed for 30-45 mins.
8. Spend at least 2 more hours in a sitting position to dip cervix into softcup with semen.

This cycle, we're using preseed. Next cycle, if it doesn't work this time, we're using a speculum to see if OH can locate cervix opening & deposit semen as close as possible. Also have thought about trying robitussin for more fertile CM, and maybe making my guys take a multivitamin.. :blush: It feels sort of like I'm a controlling sperm Nazi though!!

Today is CD13 & I'm getting faint lines on my OPKs.. which for me could mean anything, OV could be tomorrow or 6 days from now. :haha: But I usually start inseminating as soon as lines appear on the OPK, just to make sure.

Good luck ladies!! I love seeing all those BFPs! :dance:

Hi ladies! :wave: I feel kind of like a latecomer to this thread.. how did I miss it before? :dohh:

I'm on my 2nd cycle of TTC my first baby, using at-home artificial insemination with fresh donor sperm. This is what I'm doing to try to get my BFP-

1. Take soy from CD3-7 to OV
2. Temp, chart, CP, and OPK
3. When all signs are "go!" for insemination, I give my guys a head's-up usually 1-2 days prior to my fertile period.. I'm using 2 known donors (it just works better for us, giving us a degree of bio dad anonymity)
4. Donor arrives at my house, makes his deposit into a sterile glass collection cup, hands deposit off to my OH. I'm currently lying in bed with my hips propped up :thumbsup:
5. OH sucks semen up into a syringe, then inserts into my vagina, leaving it there for a few moments.
6. Remove syringe, and I insert softcup.
7. Achieve "O" and lay in bed for 30-45 mins.
8. Spend at least 2 more hours in a sitting position to dip cervix into softcup with semen.

This cycle, we're using preseed. Next cycle, if it doesn't work this time, we're using a speculum to see if OH can locate cervix opening & deposit semen as close as possible. Also have thought about trying robitussin for more fertile CM, and maybe making my guys take a multivitamin.. :blush: It feels sort of like I'm a controlling sperm Nazi though!!

Today is CD13 & I'm getting faint lines on my OPKs.. which for me could mean anything, OV could be tomorrow or 6 days from now. :haha: But I usually start inseminating as soon as lines appear on the OPK, just to make sure.

Good luck ladies!! I love seeing all those BFPs! :dance:

:haha: Sperm Nazi!! I love it...sounds like me sometimes! Lord,help me!

But it sounds about right...inserting the softcup before the big O makes sense so as not to have to deal with "leakage", you know in case it's really BIG. Plus after the O I'm not up to inserting a cup. I just want to, um,....lay there and enjoy! :blush:

But it sounds about right...inserting the softcup before the big O makes sense so as not to have to deal with "leakage", you know in case it's really BIG. Plus after the O I'm not up to inserting a cup. I just want to, um,....lay there and enjoy! :blush:

I already told them they had to leave off all personal use of their semen (politically correct enough for you?? :rofl:) for the whole time I'm fertile, so no "excess" deposits could be made, in order to keep the sperm count up.. and since my cycles aren't easy to predict, I'm sure they feel like their gonads are under lock & key with me!

I do it to prevent leakage, too.. I love softcups, they make the whole thing a lot nicer!

I have a question for all that uses soft cups. Let me first say my god they are huge! Now I did my insem at 5pm and with 2ml of semen(is that a good amount?) and then had the big "O" then after 29mins of laying there bum up I put in the cup. Now I have never used these ever so um are they supposed to be sideways? I hope so because I couldn't get it to um go straight it's not this way --- it's in there like this / but the other way...is this right? sorry is this is way TMI but I am so confused. On the bright side I'm now in my 2WW and done with my very first insem:happydance:

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to post how we "handled" the fresh sperm, which got us a BFP in the second month of trying.

We got ovulation tests from ebay, which were a good indicator of when I was ovulating.

1. donor puts sperm in dollar store cup (so no lit, I guess it were like 50 cups in one pack)
2. while my partner lets the donor out, I put the cup between my boobs for not more than 5 minutes
3. we put the sperm in a syringe (10ml one), we found it really hard to get all the air out of the syringe without losing sperm so I am sure I got some air up there
4. while laying down with legs on wall, partner puts syringe in and "shoots" it up. We did not do it slowly as the natural way the sperm does not go slowly either
5. syringe stays in for about 30 seconds and I put in a soft cup right after
6. I stayed laying down for at least 20 minutes but never more than a half hour

There was never an orgasm, neither of us was turned on or anything after just handling the sperm lol. We were more laughing than anything. We did not use a new syringe every time, just rinsed it out with water.

I have a question for all that uses soft cups. Let me first say my god they are huge! Now I did my insem at 5pm and with 2ml of semen(is that a good amount?) and then had the big "O" then after 29mins of laying there bum up I put in the cup. Now I have never used these ever so um are they supposed to be sideways? I hope so because I couldn't get it to um go straight it's not this way --- it's in there like this / but the other way...is this right? sorry is this is way TMI but I am so confused. On the bright side I'm now in my 2WW and done with my very first insem:happydance:

The softcups: You fold it like a taco, insert it like a tampon as far as you can and it should slip right back behind your pubic bone. It will unfold itself once it's up against your cervix. If you can feel the hard rim of the cup settle behnd the bone then you have it in right. I have used them during AF and had no accidents. Good luck! :dust:

Good Morning everyone. Will it's now the day after my very am feeling happy and worried. I had cramping/twinges last night at midnight and thought "wow I couldn't of timed this more perfect" I woke up at 4am this morning and went potty then back to bed. Up again at 8am and wanted to test out the LH surge for fun. Well either they put the strip in wrong or I did my insem a day too soon. The control line was very faint and the test line very dark. :shrug:
I want this to work so bad, I'm sure you all know how I feel, and now I have gone from thinking this has worked to I did it too early.:dohh: I really hope that everyone that's doing their insems get their BFP & a healthy & happy:baby:

:dust::af:

We know how you feel...the TWW is the worst...you doubt everything...at the same time as being hopeful....its terrible...we have tried for 5 months with :bfn: now..this is our 6th try next week....fingers crossed...Good luck! Keep us posted!:thumbup:

We know how you feel...the TWW is the worst...you doubt everything...at the same time as being hopeful....its terrible...we have tried for 5 months with :bfn: now..this is our 6th try next week....fingers crossed...Good luck! Keep us posted!:thumbup:

I wish you the best of luck with your 6th try!! The funny thing about trying is we are told not to stress. But how can you not stress when it's something that we want so bad and have waited so long for. I hope that the 2ww goes by fast.

Hi All!!!

I am no expert but just as SUMMERROCKS wrote, we did get our :bfp: and this is our 2nd little Love! Anyway, as MERCEDES mentioned, you want to fold that SOFTCUP like a taco and insert, it will flex out itself once inside where there is more room.

We stopped using a syringe so I cannot really give you the business on that. We found it much easier to pour into the softcup.

As for the big O, we inserted the cup before that so that there would not be any mess during and it hold the "donation" into place near its Target. The suction from the O will continue to point the "donation" and help swim.

Legs were elevated for about 30+ minutes. Then continued the day as normal and removed the SOFTCUP after about 6+ hours.

I hope this helps, especially those that have not proceeded with a cycle yet. I also want to say, PRACTICE with your softcup! We used Robitussin in order to help with CM a day or so before the predicted spike in OV until 2 days after ("donation" can live up to 5 days)

(anything I skip over you can read in my journal, sorry if I did.)
GL Lovelies!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi all,

I have been viewing this thread for a week, reading from the first page up to 150 and then 10-20 more recent posts. I have done this home insemination myself for 3 cycles already but too bad I didn't see the 'tips' and 'tricks' mentioned here before I did them. My donor is a close friend but our relationship right now is only platonic so that is why we resort to this. I am single and I don't want to be in any relationship yet (very traumatic separation with my husband).

I really feel very touched with the camaraderie of the posters here. Also, when I read about success stories, I found myself choking in tears that indeed, this can happen.

I haven't been pregnant before (at least nothing made it beyond the chemical stage) and I am fast approaching 30. I hope this happens to me as well. I really hope I could also get the support from this group. :cry:

Hi all,

I have been viewing this thread for a week, reading from the first page up to 150 and then 10-20 more recent posts. I have done this home insemination myself for 3 cycles already but too bad I didn't see the 'tips' and 'tricks' mentioned here before I did them. My donor is a close friend but our relationship right now is only platonic so that is why we resort to this. I am single and I don't want to be in any relationship yet (very traumatic separation with my husband).

I really feel very touched with the camaraderie of the posters here. Also, when I read about success stories, I found myself choking in tears that indeed, this can happen.

I haven't been pregnant before (at least nothing made it beyond the chemical stage) and I am fast approaching 30. I hope this happens to me as well. I really hope I could also get the support from this group. :cry:

Welcome to the thread! My DH and I are in our first cycle of TTC using this method. Obviously we haven't tried it yet since I'm still having my AF but we hope to begin soon! Good luck to you and loads of baby dust!!

:dust:

welcome lian_hawaii and hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

LIAN ... a HUGE WELCOME to you! We are happy to have you, and don't you worry, you will find quite a bit of support here, this group is awesome! Now that you have read the tips, you can use some of these ideas (or all :haha:) as you continue on you journey for the little bean! It can INDEED happen for you! There are soooo many that have in soooo many been able to conceive one way or another.

:dust: to you... as you continue on this journey! GL!

It's now 2dpici and I am still feeling great. Yesterday I was in a bit of pain from ovulating. I had pain on the right side from about midnight until late morning then the left side started in at about 3 until 6ish. The left side hurt way more than the right for some reason. I also had +opk's yesterday and was told that I was more than likely putting out more than one egg:happydance: I would love more than one baby but when I was told that all I could think was "how can this not work if I had more than one for the sperm to get" Ugh I wish the 2ww would hurry up so I can know! It's great to know that I might have a little ball of dividing cells in there, stick egg stick! Good luck to everyone and welcome to the new people!!

Clearblue Ovulation test was positive on July 12th 2011. Our donor did his deed on the same night of pos test, but he could not help us yesterday or the rest of this week. Do you think 1 donation is enough to get a BFP?
I still have EWCM 2 days after Pos test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->