Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Clearblue Ovulation test was positive on July 12th 2011. Our donor did his deed on the same night of pos test, but he could not help us yesterday or the rest of this week. Do you think 1 donation is enough to get a BFP?
I still have EWCM 2 days after Pos test

I also only was able to do 1 donation. I think you will be fine because the sperm can live up 3-5days inside of us & ovulation happens 12-36hrs after a + opk. I think you timed it perfect sweetie. Welcome to the 2ww and I will be praying for your BFP!!!

Had my scan yesterday, it was amazing!! Baby has caught up and is measuring 1 day behind and was kicking and waving away!

Attachments

• 2011-07-13 14.16.47.jpg
    2011-07-13 14.16.47.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 5
Well as suspected AF showed up today :(

Looks like we are out for this month.

Would have been a long shot to work first cycle however so not too dis-heartened.

Clearblue Ovulation test was positive on July 12th 2011. Our donor did his deed on the same night of pos test, but he could not help us yesterday or the rest of this week. Do you think 1 donation is enough to get a BFP?

I also only was able to do 1 donation. I think you will be fine because the sperm can live up 3-5days inside of us & ovulation happens 12-36hrs after a + opk. I think you timed it perfect sweetie. Welcome to the 2ww and I will be praying for your BFP!!!

Thankyou. I will do the same for you. xx

Would have been a long shot to work first cycle however so not too dis-heartened.

:nope:awwwwww.......it will happen to all of us soon...:thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome.

My main problem is that this cycle has been extremely stressful for me, had plenty of problems and now CD49 with AF still a no-show. It was never like this for me, I was 31-35 days regular for the past 5 years.

But I had this sustained temperature shift for 14 straight days now, and luckily I got a donation 2-3 days before that shift, is there still a chance for me somehow? Can anyone take a glance at my chart?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35dff6

Would really appreciate it, I went to a GP and was told that periods may disappear because of stress and weight loss (loss around kg early June and I was already on the low BMI side), but I was pretty sure that I ovulated. Is it possible to ovulate without getting my period??

I am here to give you some hope.... YES, that could be enough.... We conceived with one donation!!! GL :dust: :dust: :dust:

TWOMUMMIES - I am sooo sorry that AF flew in on you, but I absolutely LOVE the optimism and the eagerness to start in Aug!! Please keep me posted, I would loooove to hear the good news of your :bfp: soon!

Ur chart looks good, Id wait 2 days then test again! Good luck!

:hugs:

Luna -- Love the scan pic! The baby looks great! :happydance:

:nope:awwwwww.......it will happen to all of us soon...:thumbup:

No af for me I sent her a pink slip...She's FIRED!! No unemployment payments either as I know she can find work else where but I may give her a job again in oh nine months or so...hehe

I ran to the store for a stick and got another :bfn: Not even an evap, just that solitary dark test line. :cry:

I talked with my acupuncturist and she said she can induce my period but I have to be sure that I am not really pregnant.

HELP!! I don't know. I am really giving up on this cycle. I lost 5 kg late May - traumatic burglary incident getting my dog killed :hissy: Should I make my appointment with the acupuncturist so I can just move on to CD1 or wait a bit more. The past few days I had very sore bbs, but today they seemed to be smaller (sorry, TMI) and normal.

Anyone here with cycles as erratic as mine? It's already difficult scheduling with the donor whom of course cannot be available for 50 straight days. I just purchased the saliva ferning test because the OPK is not really practical for me anymore. HELP!!

TwoMummies- I am so sorry that af showed. :hugs: I wish you the best of luck next cycle!!

I ran to the store for a stick and got another :bfn: Not even an evap, just that solitary dark test line. :cry:

I talked with my acupuncturist and she said she can induce my period but I have to be sure that I am not really pregnant.

HELP!! I don't know. I am really giving up on this cycle. I lost 5 kg late May - traumatic burglary incident getting my dog killed :hissy: Should I make my appointment with the acupuncturist so I can just move on to CD1 or wait a bit more. The past few days I had very sore bbs, but today they seemed to be smaller (sorry, TMI) and normal.

Anyone here with cycles as erratic as mine? It's already difficult scheduling with the donor whom of course cannot be available for 50 straight days. I just purchased the saliva ferning test because the OPK is not really practical for me anymore. HELP!!

Sorry about your BFN :hugs: Is there anyway that you could go to the Dr for a beta just to make sure? I'd do that and if the blood test is bfn then have her jump start your Auntie Flo.

I would just wait a week and see, some people dont get positives til later!

i am so desperate, i wanted to ovulate...

do u think this drug called chlomid might help??? The GP doesn't want to do anymore test on me because he said I am just stressing out and having no periods is very normal for people who have lost a lot of weight... But he doesn't understand that I wanted to get pregnant! Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover any kind of pregnancy-related stuff so I am not telling my GP as well that I am TTC.

i am so desperate, i wanted to ovulate...

do u think this drug called chlomid might help??? The GP doesn't want to do anymore test on me because he said I am just stressing out and having no periods is very normal for people who have lost a lot of weight... But he doesn't understand that I wanted to get pregnant! Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover any kind of pregnancy-related stuff so I am not telling my GP as well that I am TTC.

Hi lian_hawaii, I too did not ovulate after I had surgery. So after having to start my period with provera twice in 6 months, my doctor prescribed clomid and I've been ovulating every month since then.

If you are able to get your doc to prescribe it, do go ahead :)

....we are doing out next donation next week....random question but do you think I should not workout that week? I go to a trainer and workout at home as well about 5 times a week...I worry each month that maybe the jumping and moving makes the donation not work...or we not as "sticky" on the inside..LOL odd question I know... any ideas?

Anyone have any good news? :) Waiting to hear about some pos tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->