Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

my new counter...hehehe...

https://lt1f.lilypie.com/cWvtm4.png

....we are doing out next donation next week....random question but do you think I should not workout that week? I go to a trainer and workout at home as well about 5 times a week...I worry each month that maybe the jumping and moving makes the donation not work...or we not as "sticky" on the inside..LOL odd question I know... any ideas?

ABSOLUTELY doesn't matter (unless your doc says otherwise)!!! I AM a trainer, have worked in the health/fitness field for over 12 years, exercise, is a great thing, and helps provide the balance you need in order to have properly functioning hormones, etc. If the doc says that there is a reason you should not exercise while getting preg, then don't, but I am sure the doc wouldn't say that if there is not an underlying reason.

I went to the gym after my donation! I was told to keep teh body functioning as normal as possible as the sudden change could effect the balance of things. I am still exercising. Now, let me say this, I have been an athlete since 6yo, I competed until I was 5 wks preg with my 1st. I am an avid exercise enthusiast. By exercise, I mean, I am bootcamp and kickboxing certified! I also run regularly, as track and field was my most glorious sport of the many I did. I ran a 5K at 4wks. I trained during the insem process, and am still running/jogging at 9 wks.

If exercise is a concern however, I would consult the doc. Otherwise, I would say... "don't rock the boat" when your body has to "think" too much about changes, it doesn't concentrate on "natural" actions, such as the egg chase.... GL! Looking forward to hearing about a positive experience with this "donation" and 2 wks later a :bfp: story!

....we are doing out next donation next week....random question but do you think I should not workout that week? I go to a trainer and workout at home as well about 5 times a week...I worry each month that maybe the jumping and moving makes the donation not work...or we not as "sticky" on the inside..LOL odd question I know... any ideas?

ABSOLUTELY doesn't matter (unless your doc says otherwise)!!! I AM a trainer, have worked in the health/fitness field for over 12 years, exercise, is a great thing, and helps provide the balance you need in order to have properly functioning hormones, etc. If the doc says that there is a reason you should not exercise while getting preg, then don't, but I am sure the doc wouldn't say that if there is not an underlying reason.

I went to the gym after my donation! I was told to keep teh body functioning as normal as possible as the sudden change could effect the balance of things. I am still exercising. Now, let me say this, I have been an athlete since 6yo, I competed until I was 5 wks preg with my 1st. I am an avid exercise enthusiast. By exercise, I mean, I am bootcamp and kickboxing certified! I also run regularly, as track and field was my most glorious sport of the many I did. I ran a 5K at 4wks. I trained during the insem process, and am still running/jogging at 9 wks.

If exercise is a concern however, I would consult the doc. Otherwise, I would say... "don't rock the boat" when your body has to "think" too much about changes, it doesn't concentrate on "natural" actions, such as the egg chase.... GL! Looking forward to hearing about a positive experience with this "donation" and 2 wks later a :bfp: story!

Thanks soooo much! That is great to hear...I was just getting worried..I guess for no reason...the less stressing I do about this the better it will be...I need to stay calm and just live my life...:coffee:lol

Hello all,

Well I'm now 2dpo and I am kind of crampy of my right side. I wonder why? Also I have a Big TMI question but I'm feeling like I might be out and I figured that sense you all have been through this you might have a answer for me.
I have been checking my cm & cp and today my cm when I wipe is clear & watery but when I check my cp it's think, creamy & white. Also my cp is easier to reach and feels still a little open (only at the front though) it's still kind of soft but yet hard if that makes any sense. I am freaking out thinking I just might be out. :cry: Is it just too early to tell as the baby (if there ia a dividing ball in there) would still be making it's way to implant. Again sorry if this is TMI but I don't know who to ask.

dmfamily and Wantingbbbump -- hoping this will be your month.. More success stories here in general :dust:

As for me, AF is still a no-show CD50, driving me insane!! And still highish temps. I don't have PCOS at least not yet diagnose so I am really freaked out why my body is doing this to me. I honestly would like to do the Provera-route to induce AF but I read on some threads that the effect is kinda temporary. More natural ways are parsley, chinese bitters, and 'sperm' :shrug: (get a donation to induce period, OMG!)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35dff6

Sooo this is our drama for today....we tried using the fertility monitor this month....well we expected ovulation end of week...this is what we planned with our donor...well this am...i spiked..and am ovulating...just to make sure I did 3 dif tests all the same...i went crazy bec our donor is working and we wouldnt be able to get the donation ...after an hr of me crying and my loving wife maria telling me it would work out...we got our donor to take his lunch break and come donate for us....and come back in am right before his job...wow...talk about being thrown off....hope this works..trying to stay calm...i was freaking this am thinking we couldnt try this month...hope this works!

Sooo this is our drama for today....we tried using the fertility monitor this month....well we expected ovulation end of week...this is what we planned with our donor...well this am...i spiked..and am ovulating...just to make sure I did 3 dif tests all the same...i went crazy bec our donor is working and we wouldnt be able to get the donation ...after an hr of me crying and my loving wife maria telling me it would work out...we got our donor to take his lunch break and come donate for us....and come back in am right before his job...wow...talk about being thrown off....hope this works..trying to stay calm...i was freaking this am thinking we couldnt try this month...hope this works!

I really hope that this your month. I only did 1 insem this go round but I am doing 2 for sure in I don't get my bfp. :dust: I'm pretty sure your going to be okay because you don't let out the egg for 12-36 hrs after the surge :hugs:

My last cycle was the same, I oved early and it threw everything off, had to contact the donor urgently, but one of the 3 insems worked!

My last cycle was the same, I oved early and it threw everything off, had to contact the donor urgently, but one of the 3 insems worked!

it just sucks...it messed it all up...I don't know why I ovulated this early...ugg.:shrug:..well we did one try last night..I left the cup in for 7 hours...that is all we can try for this month...which is a bummer...but I guess it is better than not trying at all...i'm hoping maybe at the end of the week we can try...even tho I KNOW...I will have ovulated...but one can hope...\\:D/

hi ladies! i have a question. well, let me give a brief overview of my situation first.. my OH and i have been doing IUI using frozen donor sperm, and we are currently on our 3rd cycle. Financially it's a lot, about $1500 or so, between the meds, sperms, and dr visits. So, we have enough money for about 1 more cycle and then I don't know what we'll do. I've noticed a lot of you guys use local donors, I was wondering how do you find them? Are they known to you or is there someplace online to find these guys?

I agree with topaz about FSDW, I just rejoined and have just contacted a donor I was interested in last winter :happydance: so I'm excited but nervous as well.

It's been one of those weeks. I had an ankle operation on Tuesday, so I will be off my feet (well, off my foot :haha:) for 6 weeks. 5 days in and I'm already bored :dohh:

We also found out on Thursday that my dad has cancer again, which is so sad :cry: but I'm angry as well - he had 2 CT scans, one in March, one in May, and it should have been spotted but it wasn't :growlmad: so my baby journey is now doubly important to me :baby:

Hope everyone else is well :flow:

DM - I would not worry, I think that this "donation" has a strong chance. Relax. We have been trying for so long, we learned after half a year, that ovulation occurs within a "range" and that is likely why you ovulated a little earlier.

TOUCH - wish I could help but we did not look for a local donor. However, there are quite a few cryo-banks that you can eliminate the "middle-man." Search the sites and they will ship to your home. There are a few in NY, PA, etc. GoodLuck, the ladies in here will have quite a bit of info. I know I have read about the Freedonor site (previously mentioned) and Yahoo donor group.

Hello, I think AF is on its way..

Onto Cd1 of Cycle#4.. But only the 2nd cycle where I will be using an entire kit. I just ordered a set of cheap 25/25 OPK and HPT online, plus I already my ferning test. Then of course, I have Pre-seed, softcup, donor cup or collection condom (I notice I get a bigger sample on the latter, any thoughts why?), and I plan to start listening to Guided Imagery for conception and Fertility Affirmations (anyone knows where I can get the mp3?)

Thanks! I hope I get that :bfp: already.

I also used FSDW and would recomend it!

me too!

touch the sky - there are lots of dodgy sites out there. i would avoid any sites that are not moderated and that allow NI donors like the plague :argh:

good luck:thumbup:

I posted an ad on a local site and tho I had to sift through loads of dodgy replies, I was able to find donors close to my house which meant no travelling for me and I could do it in my own house!

I'm still really struggling to find a donor. We had one in Gloucester, but worked a 2-10 shift and couldn't work out a convenient time for both of us. Then we moved to Herefordshire and there doesn't appear to be any donors within an hours travelling distance...so I guess it depends on where you live. I can't afford to join a pay site, so am limited to the free ones...I found my Gloucester donor on Tadopole forum, but that's down for maintenance at the moment.

a question for uk ladies

did you tell your midwife about using a donor?

what was her reaction?

i'm probably stressing over nothing but i've got my first appointment next week and am nervous about telling her:blush:

i told mine, but i tell everyone how my boys were concieved loud and proud.

you dont have to tell them if you dont want just say your not with the father.

i havent had any negative commets, people just usually ask questions about how it was done as they are intriged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->