Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I just wanted to come here and thank each and every one of you on this thread!! I just got my BFP on my first try. I really think it's because of all of your advice. I used OPK'S,syringe, soft cup, before I put in the soft cup after I had the big O, stayed down with my bum in the air for 30mins oh I put the soft cup in after 29mins of bum in the air. I left the soft cup in for 12hrs & today at 10dpo/11dp insem I got a bright BFP!!!! Here is a pic my web cam sucks so it didn't pick how bright it is but anyways enjoy and thank you so very much!!!

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110723_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20110723_1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Ladies, for all your well wishes. It is with great saddness however, that we have to say, Baby Dylan/Dylynn, did not survive the first trimester. I have been gone for a while, just recovering, thinking, praying, and now hoping. We have decided to get back on this journey in search of our 2012 Baby!

We were told that this often happens and it is from nothing that we had done or not done, just chromosome issues, and timing. I had my follow up after the procedure and the docs don't see a reason that we cannot begin to try again. So, in 2 weeks, they will check my HCG blood work and we will have the ok. If this continues to go well, we will begin in mid-August, prior to my wife's birthday. This was one of the hardest things thata we have had to do, but we are in agreeance and although we are still saddened, we are ready! I am delighted to be back and read about all the ladies that have been rather helpful and most supportive. Thank you!

:dust: to us all! :hugs:

I am so very sorry!! My heart is breaking for you!! I am happy that you are going to give it another try. :hugs:

BIG congrats Wantingbbbump :happydance: hopefully I won't be that far behind you, EPO messed up my cycle last month but on CD1 now so insem not so far away :D

I just wanted to come here and thank each and every one of you on this thread!! I just got my BFP on my first try. I really think it's because of all of your advice. I used OPK'S,syringe, soft cup, before I put in the soft cup after I had the big O, stayed down with my bum in the air for 30mins oh I put the soft cup in after 29mins of bum in the air. I left the soft cup in for 12hrs & today at 10dpo/11dp insem I got a bright BFP!!!! Here is a pic my web cam sucks so it didn't pick how bright it is but anyways enjoy and thank you so very much!!!

congrats. see it can be done first time with only one insem

:happydance: YAY!!! You've given me hope for this cycle!!! I'm so worried we may not have or won't conceive! CONGRATS TO YOU!! I wish you a happy and healthy nine months! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you Ladies, for all your well wishes. It is with great saddness however, that we have to say, Baby Dylan/Dylynn, did not survive the first trimester. I have been gone for a while, just recovering, thinking, praying, and now hoping. We have decided to get back on this journey in search of our 2012 Baby!

We were told that this often happens and it is from nothing that we had done or not done, just chromosome issues, and timing. I had my follow up after the procedure and the docs don't see a reason that we cannot begin to try again. So, in 2 weeks, they will check my HCG blood work and we will have the ok. If this continues to go well, we will begin in mid-August, prior to my wife's birthday. This was one of the hardest things thata we have had to do, but we are in agreeance and although we are still saddened, we are ready! I am delighted to be back and read about all the ladies that have been rather helpful and most supportive. Thank you!

I'm so sorry!! :cry: I was really rooting for you! Sending big hugs and lots of love your way. I've been through this pain and know what you must be feeling right now. Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way right now! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:happydance: Congratulations!!!!

I need an advice which could be very TMI sorry -- I will be doing insemination from next week but my problem is I'm not comfortable getting 'O' with my legs up in the air. In fact I have never 'Od' in that kind of position. When I try, I guess I moved too much causing most of it to spill out, so I need to put softcup before that.

MrsMM24, sorry to hear about your loss, you, your wife and your daughter are in our thoughts. Best wishes in the future.

Also needing advice: We insem'd this morning right before I got my surge (later today) but there wasn't much..."stuff"...only about 1 ml of semen, perhaps a tad more. I'm wondering if that's enough. We plan to insem or BD (if possible) tomorrow morning as I just did another OPK again this evening and it was still a strong positive.

Does quantity matter? What's the average amount for you ladies who insem'd and got a BFP??? :wacko: Worried here....

the average is 2-3 mls i think, but there are millions of swimmers in tht 1ml so you will be fine.

i always put the soft cup in straight away, never had the big o (i went to hishouse and just didnt feel right) and i never laid down for more than 5 mins i sat up so my cervix dipped in the cut.

i ve done 8 cycles in total this way and concieved twice.

mercedes - most of the time I only get 2ml.. On some days, it could be as high as 3ml. But that's it mostly.. And no BFP for me for 3 cycles already.

I also have a question, when I receive the donation I would inseminate in less than 5 minutes and I'm sure it also takes him less than 5 minutes to present me the stuff, but by the time I syringe it out, it has mostly liquefied.. Is this normal? I heard that liquefaction takes at least 15 minutes, I hardly see any lumps and it's very liquid.. Is this normal for sperm within 10 minutes outside the body??

Ok, I'm getting quite paranoid.. It's because I will be starting next week as I am taking soy for the 1st time and might O early and so I'll be using OPK's and Fern microscope twice-a-day... OMG! I'm really stressing out... :headspin:

Yea thats fine, mines is usually the same and I use it straight away!

Topaz - you're nearly there! Are you excited to finally be on the home stretch? Will the induce you after 12 days? I'm so excited for you!

im not handling being over due very well. im so impatient so this just waiting is killing me. im going out of my mind with bordom cos i cant do much at the mo.

they wont induce til 14 day over which im really not happy about given my history of having a difficult labour with a small baby. not sure how im gonna make it through the next 12 days if he doesnt arrive soon.

Congrats! Yahooooooo

:dust: to us all! :hugs:

I'm so sorry :hugs:

Ladies - please permit me a small rant?

My cycles recently are driving me CRAZY! :growlmad:

Sept 10 to Apr 11 were all fairly normal, 3 were 29 days, 2 were 28s, 3 in the very low 30s, but my cycle had averaged itself to 29 days, and this is what I have used to get a TTC date.

Then my May cycle arrived, and it was 25 days. My second May cycle was then 32 days. My June cycle was 25 days again, and it's just really frustrating me!

I am staying with my parents right now after my op, and it's probably just me feeling sorry for myself that's making me post this, but hopefully someone with more experience of charting can give me some wise words!

Could the surgery have affected this cycle and made it come early?

hey babymakestwo - after surgery, like you I had crazy cycles. I had surgery in April 2010 for fibroids removal and had 3 cycles of 30 days before going annovulatory. My period simply stopped. I had to take provera to kickstart my period every 3 months. Now I am on clomid and it's somewhat regular, between 30-35 days for the past 3 cycles.

You just need to be patient for now. I know its hard but surgery can be stressful on our bodies and so we need to understand it takes time for it to get back to normal.

Hope this helps!

ebelle -- :dust: to you... I think I'm also on my 4th try but no O yet.. Still CD8 and using Soy.

mrsmm24 am so sorry to hear ur sad news u + ur family are in my thoughts at this difficult time. sorry its a little delayed been tryin to be less of a bnb stalker until i feel like we r gettin some where

take care
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"