Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hey ladies, sorry i've been missing, was trying to get thru the 2ww without stressing..unfortunately AF arrived yesterday :( but we've already picked a new shipping donor and excited for round 4 august 9th :) we are doing some things thru my fertility doc as well, just to get caught up on labworks and such in case we are able to do an ivf study in the future.

MrsMM...soo soo sorry for your loss! i've been there as well and it brings back those emotions and heartache, but also the joy of knowing my body can conceive and that I can be blessed again, just as i know u will be too...thanks for the inspiration and encouragement and I hope your sticky bean is right around the corner!! :)

congrats Topaz!! what an absolute cutie pie!!!! :)

WELCOME to the newbies and CONGRATS to the BFP's!!! i'll try to get to know everyone and their stories/names soon!! :)

Welcome back FAITH! Thank you! I am hopeful that we will be getting some positive OPKs responses. We may be near you in our TTC timeframe.... Keep me posted. I am enthused by your willingness as well, to move passed this month's AF and get started. It is from stories like yours, having been where we are, that I have developed the extra strength that it took to decide to get back up and get started! Thank you for that. :flower:

Aww congrats topaz! Hes sooo cute! Weird to think I shud have had mines this week too, yet here I am still cooking one! Hope next 6 months fly in! How was the birth etc?

My AF is set to arrive between August 6-8.. this cycle we used:

Softcups
Preseed
Soy isoflavones
Cervix position
2 different donors, donating on alternate days, for 8 days straight during fertile window
2 different AI methods - a) into cup, syringe, deposit, softcup, and b) directly into softcup, vagina.

I estimate I OV'd on CD24 this cycle, which would make me 4-5dpo.. but no way to be sure, since I lagged off temping & didn't have a good supply of OPKs. But, promising cervix position nonetheless. Last cycle we used soy, OPKs, temping, donation every other day during fertile window, and only method a of AI. Hopefully the little tweaks were enough to catch the eggy..

Congratulations on that beautiful little one! He is just so awesome! :cloud9:

Topaz, Joshua is sooo cute!! His hair looks quite long already.. :baby:

unapologetik -- which days did you take Soy? I did mine on CD5-9 with dosage of 100-200mg... I'm on CD11 and still no sign of 'O'.. Hopefully it doesn't delay me.. Did it give u good fertile CM or did it dry u up?

AI is surely difficult when 'O'-dates vary each cycle.

Good luck to us.. I think if u have more than 3 donation during fertile then your chances are really good.. :dust:

Congrats Topaz! He is stunning!! Do I see gorgeous red hair??

unapologetik -- which days did you take Soy? I did mine on CD5-9 with dosage of 100-200mg... I'm on CD11 and still no sign of 'O'.. Hopefully it doesn't delay me.. Did it give u good fertile CM or did it dry u up?

AI is surely difficult when 'O'-dates vary each cycle.

Good luck to us.. I think if u have more than 3 donation during fertile then your chances are really good.. :dust:

I took soy CD3-7, starting at 80mgs and going up.. so 80, 120, 160, 200, 240. I don't know if it's the soy or just how my body is, but I always OV really late in my cycle, between CD24-28. I'm not complaining, I'm just happy I ovulate at all.

It didn't dry me up, nor give me fertile CM.. It just didn't change anything in that department, really :shrug:

I've got my fx'd for a BFP for all of us!

Beautiful pics Topaz, thanks for sharing :flower:

Aww congrats topaz! Hes sooo cute! Weird to think I shud have had mines this week too, yet here I am still cooking one! Hope next 6 months fly in! How was the birth etc?

not saying dont want to scare you cos you have to do it in a few months. lol

his hair is so long, i cant wait to wash it later and get rid of all the old blood. there is deff a hint of red there though.

^ he's just so lovely.. so envious but very, very inspired that this is indeed possible - real people, real success stores. :yipee:

Btw, had a donation today even though it's very early on my cycle and no 'O' in sight. It's more of a dry-run and just being sure because I'm taking Soy and I heard it could make 'O' early on some people.

I found some Ph-strips (for pool) and just checked my CM-PH and it's really, really very acidic, color change to something like 5-5.5.. I heard this is very hostile to sperm, so before donation I douche with baking soda, also applied like 1ml of Pre-seed. Then upon getting the stuff, I use the syringe, then softcup, then tried to 'O', and stayed in bed for 15 minutes. Needed to go to the bathroom :dohh:

Well, this is just a dry-run and making sure that I'm doing the correct thing. I'm not sure with the douching though, I'm just quite worried of my low-Ph. I have began doing the part of the boy-diet not because I only want a son, but just to make sure that more spermies could stay alive for the longest possible time. It's just so hard to give-up dairy!:nope:

Hello ladies!!! I don't know how many of you guys remember me but it's been a very long time since I've posted. I remember a few of you all but not too many surprisingly. I believe my last post said something in reference to taking a break and I did just that followed by my 3rd IVF attempt which resulted in a BFP!!! I am now 18 weeks pregnant(I can't believe that) after trying with my wife for 4 years and one miscarriage after the first IVF attempt. We tried absolutely EVERY option to get pregnant but nothing seemed to work for us including home inseminations with frozen sperm bank and fresh sperm from a known donor as well as tons of IUIs and 3 rounds of IVF. However we now have a wonderful little girl on the way and we feel extremely blessed :)

All of you that are still on your ttc journey I wish you the best of luck and loads of sticky baby dust.

Luna-Congrats on the BFP!!!!

Congrats to the rest of the ladies here who have been successful in this sometimes stressful journey. :)

lian..what is the boy diet? :dohh: fingers crossed for your bfp soon!

rainbowbaby..congrats!! so happy you finally have your sticky bean:)

^ he's just so lovely.. so envious but very, very inspired that this is indeed possible - real people, real success stores. :yipee:

Btw, had a donation today even though it's very early on my cycle and no 'O' in sight. It's more of a dry-run and just being sure because I'm taking Soy and I heard it could make 'O' early on some people.

I found some Ph-strips (for pool) and just checked my CM-PH and it's really, really very acidic, color change to something like 5-5.5.. I heard this is very hostile to sperm, so before donation I douche with baking soda, also applied like 1ml of Pre-seed. Then upon getting the stuff, I use the syringe, then softcup, then tried to 'O', and stayed in bed for 15 minutes. Needed to go to the bathroom :dohh:

Well, this is just a dry-run and making sure that I'm doing the correct thing. I'm not sure with the douching though, I'm just quite worried of my low-Ph. I have began doing the part of the boy-diet not because I only want a son, but just to make sure that more spermies could stay alive for the longest possible time. It's just so hard to give-up dairy!:nope:

I read a book, How To Choose The Sex of Your Baby, that mentions using a baking soda douche and an alkaline diet to sway for a boy, but it does generally just seem to make your body's environment less hostile. I'm also afraid I have acidic/hostile CM, because there's pretty much 0 of it!! I don't produce much, if any, and when I do.. it's at random times of the cycle, not coinciding with OV at all! :dohh:

I've also heard of using real eggwhites to substitue for EWCM if you don't naturally produce it..

.. but then was told it can introduce salmolnella into your vagina! :sick:

And was advised against BS douching, too, because it can mess with the PH balance in a negative way.

Not to say I wouldn't do it! :shrug: I probably would, there are success stories of couples using both the real eggwhites and BS douches and getting their BFPs, so.

I used real eggwhites for 3 of my bfps, you just need to buy the pasturised stuff in a carton, usually in the baking isle, less chance of salmonella then. Grapefruit juice and EPO make more CM, or use preseed on concieve plus if u live in the uk. I used it first time last cycle and somehing worked!

I'm so excited! Nimyra and baby Maya will be passing through Ohio on Saturday and we are going to meet for dinner! We met on this thread about two years ago and since then have both conceived with donor sperm and had beautiful baby girls! Looking forward to it!

I was thinking about Nimyra last night actually, and Snagglepat. It feels like ages since I've seen them both on here. The last I heard was that Snaggle had her baby boy, but that must have been 5-6 months ago now :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->