Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I just wanted to come here and thank each and every one of you on this thread!! I just got my BFP on my first try. I really think it's because of all of your advice. I used OPK'S,syringe, soft cup, before I put in the soft cup after I had the big O, stayed down with my bum in the air for 30mins oh I put the soft cup in after 29mins of bum in the air. I left the soft cup in for 12hrs & today at 10dpo/11dp insem I got a bright BFP!!!! Here is a pic my web cam sucks so it didn't pick how bright it is but anyways enjoy and thank you so very much!!!

Congrats!! Yay! :dance:

Hi ladies, hope everyone's getting through their two week waits without too much mental torture :haha:

I was just wondering if this makes any sort of sense to you:

"Basically, if the swimmers were to be injected after the egg had already dropped (i.e. during ovulation), they would take a few hours to get where they need to be. By that point, the egg will have lost it's good quality and may even have died off, therefore conception not possible. It could even result in an "abnormal" conception, meaning something could go wrong with the baby, although I don't think that has been proved.

But if the swimmers were injected the day before ovulation, they will have gotten to the right place just in time for the egg to drop, therefore fertilisation can take place!"

I've heard of this kind of thing before, but I've never known if there was any truth to it. It sort of makes sense to me anyway... xx

Hi, this is a late reply but I find this curious as well. However, I've been checking ingender.com - for selecting baby's sex which I will never really do (have no preference, I would just like a :baby:) - and one method for getting a girl says O+12, meaning 12 hours after ovulation. The reason being the CM has dried down and only x-sperms can survive. I think some would even go as far as O+16 just to be sure, because the egg could live for 24 hours.

I think O+16 is the last feasible time to get a successful fertilization as the sperm would need 8 hours for the journey to the fallopian tube.

Anyway, with my irregular cycles and at-home-insem-option, I am using all the techniques and methods to ensure that all sperm could stay alive for the longest time inside of me which pretty much points to the boy-diet. Alkaline would not kill x-sperms but acid will definitely kill the y-sperms. If the spermies could get it past the cervix then I just have to find a way to keep them alive while waiting for the egg. :spermy:

Hope everyone is getting on ok.

We are due to inseminate again on the 1st of August and crossing everything that it works as that is the last time we can use our donor :nope:

He has just started a new job which means he is struggling to find time to continue donating.

Have started the search for a new donor in case we have to start again with someone new but REALLY hoping we don't have to.

Thank you TOUCH, C.30, WANTINGBB (and CONGRATS!!! :happydance:), MERCEDES, TWINSFAN, BABYMAKES, and GEMINI, for all of your well wishes, thoughts and prayers, they have been extremely helpful as we venture through saddness and back out on this journey.

We are soon back at it, in the same fashion as we did before! Hoping for the 2011 :bfp: :dust: to us all!

Hi, Ladies, Newbie here. I’m so glad I found this site; its nice to see that there is support for those having trouble with TTC.
About Me: Single lady, 29 years old, tired of waiting for “Mr. Right” so I decided to do an at home AI with frozen donor sperm. No known fertility problems. Yearly doctor visit in January said everything was fine.
Right now the process is not going so great, and I am so confused. Normally, I have a 37 day cycle. Its been 37 days every cycle this year except for the one this past March when I decided to do my first home insemination. My cycle went from 37 days to 53 (I thought maybe the stress of the whole thing affected my cycle length). It was back on track in April and June with my usual 37 days, but now in July when I decided to try another insemination its totally out of sync. I am supposed to ovulate on CD 24, which is tomorrow but its not looking likely, because there is no EWCM. Here is my cycle breakdown for this month (sorry if this contains TMI):

CD 14-16 had wet and slippery CM but it was not very stretchy. Maybe only stretched an inch or less. Had slight right side pain, not much just a twinge.

CD 17-19 still very moist at this point. No slippery CM present Now having left side twinges. This is usual for me I guess. Every month this year I have had right side twinge, then left side twinge, then very bad left side pain.

CD 20-23 a lot of creamy lotiony CM. Still pretty moist at this point. Had bad left side pain for two days now, but I’m confused because there is no EWCM, which I thought was a must to indicate oncoming ovulation
Also on CD 22, saw some clear white slightly slippery CM only ONCE when I wiped with toilet paper. But then it went back to creamy lotiony CM the next time I checked.

I don’t BBT, but I do use an OPK. Started doing the OPK on CD 13 and I am still doing them. I still haven’t had a positive. But I have had positives in the past, so I know I can get them. Any ideas on what’s going on? I’m so frustrated I ordered my specimen and everything, and its just sitting here waiting for me to ovulate. The only other option I can think of is my 37 day cycle magically turned into a 28 day cycle, which would put ovulation on CD 14, but I was using my OPK before CD14 and I never saw a positive. And just to note, I have never ever had a 28 day cycle even when I was on BCP. Any luck that I may still ovulate this month or should I just give up and consider this month a bust?

Welcome SMITH, wishing you :dust: and happy and short journey.

I think that you shouldn't be surprised, but the cycle can change on you from what you believe to be regular. I know that you have not been temping, but I would recommend that you start. It helps sooo much more and I know how it is to have that "donation" just sitting. GL FXD!

MrsMM24, this would be late but I'm sorry for your lost. I hope you do try again and get another 2011 :bfp: You are a great inspiration to this group.

Smithmal, welcome I'm also fairly new here. I'm also single, 29, and not looking for a relationship (got separated recently), and I decided I don't want to waste my time again waiting for the right guy and lose my chances of a baby. Like you, when I did my 3rd cycle for AI, my usual 33-day cycle suddenly extended to 51-days. Turned out I ovulated too late because of the stress of waiting for the ovulation.

Don't give up on the 'O'. I got mine on CD37 last cycle, that time I as already testing for HPT and Beta only to find out that I was ovulating.. :dohh: I was taking BBT and realized a pattern of 3-days low temps followed by 2-3days high temps, and plenty of EWCM, my body was trying to ovulate, so I got my donation on CD33.. Too bad, it was too early and we didn't get the egg.

I think temping is also useful just to understand what is really happening inside.

MrsMM24-I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages before I had a successful pregnancy that resulted in my sweet little Eden (conceived at home with known donor sperm). It is amazing how common miscarriages are (not that it makes it any easier), which I didn't realize until I had two of them and searched for support. After two, I worried that it would never happen for me. Being pregnant after a miscarriage is very scary-you no longer have the luxury of blissful naivety, but try not to lose hope, successful pregnancies after miscarriage are probably just as common as miscarriages themselves. I wish you both healing and lots of sticky baby dust.

Hugs,
Erin

Thank you so much LIAN, late or not, I definitely appreciate it! It is inmy nature to give and be a source of strength for others so it has been easy to be inspiring to all the wonderful ladies that I have encountered on BnB. It has only grown as all of you have been simply a great support during this time for me/us! We are definitely going to try again, we want to add to our family and I have been getting tremendous support from all the ladies here. My wife has been GREAT, as we have been great to each other through this. Our daughter didn't get the chance to know which makes it an easier transition for her, which in turn makes it easier for us as well. There is no bleeding and we are looking forward to getting the go ahead from the OPKs and move forward!! I want to get that :bfp: in 2011!!!

EPD- THANK YOU DEARLY!!! It has definitely been hard, especially after hearing the BH and seeing the bean. As well as having had such a wonderful 1st preg. However, it is stories like yours, that have helped us move forward and not give up. We have been sad, and still are as plans had begun to develop, my body changed so fast, but the motivation has grown to get the 2011 :bfp: and the strength has shined through in reading inspirational stories like yours! I thank you soooo much! :hugs:

Hey ladies...so I just learned of this campaign called "Children Deserve to Know Where they come From". Here is the link: https://www.childrendeservetoknow.com/index.htm

It is interesting, especially considering that more and more children are being conceived from donor sperm and eggs...and of interest to me because my daughter was conceived with donor sperm. Curious to know others thoughts...I am lucky enough to have a good amount of info about my donor but this site gave me some other ideas of things to ask of him that Eden may be curious about some day.

Hey everyone. I'm pleased to announce the arrival of our groups latest ai baby. Josh arrived at 18.32 yest weighing 8lb 1oz.

topaz, i'm quite new here but i have read this thread from page 1 and your 2 success stories of At-home-AI is surely remarkable!! and I'm also a single woman so I am really, really happy that I'm not alone in this quest. Thank you for inspiring each and everyone of us.
:hugs:

welcome to this world baby Joshua!! You surely chose very beautiful names for your boys. :baby:

MrsMM24 - so sorry to hear about your loss :( I should def check in more often, sorry. I am glad to read that you are looking forward to next attempt(s) already ... hang in there and all the best!!

Topazicatzbet - Congrats on the arrival of little Josh, looking forward to see cute pics :)

Congrats topaz :D and welcome to the world Josh :hugs:

Thank you SUMMERROCKS! :hugs: It has been hard, but finally checking back into BnB, was super helpful. After my wife and I made the decision to immediately jump back on (with blessings and positivity from our doc), BnB was just a reassuring.

TOPAZ!!!! CONGRATS on Baby Josh!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations Topaz!! Can't wait to see pics of the little man, I bet he looks exactly like his big brother :cloud9: xx

thanks everyone. here are a few pics taken just after birth

Attachments

• josh.jpg
    josh.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 22
  • josh2.jpg
    josh2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 20
AWESOME Pics!!! So cuuuute!

Everyone look at the AVATAR and the pics, he looks JUUUUST like that pic we have been seeing! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->