Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

lian..what is the boy diet? :dohh: fingers crossed for your bfp soon!

rainbowbaby..congrats!! so happy you finally have your sticky bean:)

Hi faithbabies -- Just read that it's about making your Ph more alkaline and something about the ions-thing, low-calcium high-potassium diet.

But I'm really just concern about the Ph because the theory is: acid kills y-sperms but alkaline doesn't kill x-sperms, and in fact y-sperms thrive on it. So the higher the Ph, the more conducive it is for the sperm to swim on, so more can enter the cervix, and so on.. So, to increase Ph, I just eat alkalinizing food and drink lemon water everyday. :coffee:

I ordered several bottles of Conceive Plus from the national distributor here, soon-to-expire bottles, and it was like $5/bottle.. :yipee:

Conceive Plus has better PH than Pre-seed, but I think Pre-seed's Osmolarity is a bit better. Well, I got a very good deal with the Conceive Plus and will be using them from now on. Might also try egg-white if I can get an extra donation, just because it's PH is way higher at 9, and will really preserve the life of the y-sperms.. :spermy:

mercedes - most of the time I only get 2ml.. On some days, it could be as high as 3ml. But that's it mostly.. And no BFP for me for 3 cycles already.

I also have a question, when I receive the donation I would inseminate in less than 5 minutes and I'm sure it also takes him less than 5 minutes to present me the stuff, but by the time I syringe it out, it has mostly liquefied.. Is this normal? I heard that liquefaction takes at least 15 minutes, I hardly see any lumps and it's very liquid.. Is this normal for sperm within 10 minutes outside the body??

Ok, I'm getting quite paranoid.. It's because I will be starting next week as I am taking soy for the 1st time and might O early and so I'll be using OPK's and Fern microscope twice-a-day... OMG! I'm really stressing out... :headspin:

Hiya!!

Most I ever got was 1ml a time, but we inseminated maybe 3-5 times per cycle.

It would be in there within about 10 mins and it was always still the normal thick.

Good luck!:flower:

Well this is it!!

We are about to go and meet our donor.

So nervous now :)

Fingers crossed and losts of baby dust!

I got a donation today.. Well, donor would be very busy by start of the week (project presentations and meeting his supervisors from abroad) and so even without a positive OPK or Ferning test, I called him and asked if he could come over for a couple of minutes. He agreed but because we didn't plan to meet today, he apparently did something in the shower that morning (twice, he said) and so all I got is a measly 0.5ml on the syringe. :cry:

Plus, the worse thing is when I was about to suck the stuff to the syringe, an elderly neighbor rang the bell and brought over a pot of soup, she saw me sick a couple of days ago and she began chatting, and I can't get rid of her. Took around 30 minutes before I inseminated the 0.5ml. Wonder if any :spermy: are still alive in there.

Well, I have negative OPK and Ferning but I just want to be covered as I'm taking Soy for the 1st time and I may 'O' anytime.

lian...thanks for the info on the boy diet...and good luck with your ovulation..i had to laugh at your ordeal..seems like every time i am ready to home insem something crazy has happened...i mean off the wall stuff! fingers crossed for ya girl! :)

twomummies...good luck and baby dust!!!! :)

afm...i ovulate next week and we are supposed to start with new shipping donor but if i dont order the kit soon we may have to wait until next month :( fingers crossed it will work for this month...i hate waiting lol
i've been on this site https://freespermdonorregistry.com/ and it is free and we can chat with each other and donors (it's where i met my donor) if yall want to visit:) my name is faithbabies there as well:)

Well we have done the insemination, now it's fingers tightly crossed!!

We are going to do it a second time on Monday (thankfully our donor is more available this week). My ovulation was not due until 3rd August but had a positive ovulation test today hence doing the insemination early.

Figure if we do it today and then again on the originally planned day as well it maximises our chances.

Now it's the 2WW!!

Hi ladies have a question I'm due to O anytime now and I got a positive opk just a few minutes ago but I cannot get a donation until tomorrow am. I have had ov cm for a few days now so I know its imminent.. I'm about to go to sleep so won't take my temp for another few hours. I'm wondering since got pos opk would tomorrow donation be good if I get a spike in temp this afternoon when I get up? I wasn't able to get any last week and tomorrow is our only chance. Dh thinks I should as he thinks won't hurt if its late and just be worth a try. I know i should just wait for temp but anxious about possibly still being in for this cycle as i thought i would have O by today.

I'm thinking that if you got a positive today, that you'll ovulate tomorrow, when you're getting your donation! Your timing is great, don't worry :thumbup: xx

Yeah will be absolutely fine, the positive OPK means you will ovulate anywhere in the next 12-36 hours. I got a nearly positive OPK on Friday and then a full positive on Saturday so we met our donor saturday and will be doing so again tomorrow (Monday) to make sure we cover all dates.

TwoMommies, momwannabe81 -- good luck to both of u. Seems like you have timed O perfectly with the insems..

:dust: to all!! Still waiting for an O-sign for me.

TwoMommies, momwannabe81 -- good luck to both of u. Seems like you have timed O perfectly with the insems..

I hope so that was the only opk I took so idk if was at the end of the peek or not. FX the donor is available tomorrow am.

Good luck momwannabe! :hugs:

I've got my very first doctor's appointment for TTC on Wednesday morning! I went to see the nurse today for a medical and I brought it up then, she referred me straight away when I told her the method I was using, even though she didn't understand anything I was trying to explain. She didn't even know what softcups are and at one point she was convinced that I wasn't timing it right! :growlmad: Hoping the doctor is a bit more professional... xx

I hope so that was the only opk I took so idk if was at the end of the peek or not. FX the donor is available tomorrow am.

well got another positive last night and possibly this am (1 hr ago). So walking yo donors house. FX he's home and available

TWOMUMM - GL, FXD, and plenty of :dust:

MOMWANNABE - I think that you are fine, you have the ovulation days covered. As mentioned, you ovulate 12-24 hrs later, so you are spot on! GL and :dust:

AFM - I am on CD 13 after a M/C. No signs of ov yet, but we are actively in search of the :bfp: in 2011 so we are still hanging there. Aug is the month of my wife's b-day so it would be awesome if it was this month! :dust:

Thank you.

I really, really hope so!
Did second insemination today so it's the waiting game now.

OPK's are still coming up positive which seems surprising, I normally get positives for 2 days but had 1 almost positive and 3 full positives so far.

Would have thought I should ovulate today based on when I got the first one so expecting a negative OPK tomorrow and then we know the timing was spot on.

Did insemination today :happydance::happydance::happydance: so either O today or will within 24hrs, if get another smiley face on opk will get another donation tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm exited can u tell, have a good feeling about this cycle :thumbup::happydance:

Did insemination today :happydance::happydance::happydance: so either O today or will within 24hrs, if get another smiley face on opk will get another donation tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm exited can u tell, have a good feeling about this cycle :thumbup::happydance:

Hope it goes well!

Our cycles are pretty close together, do you mind if I send you a friend request? Will be nice to have someone to wait it out with!

I will be testing on 17th August, have you worked out your testing day yet??
I can't bloody wait, it seems ages away :(

Everything sounds like it's going perfect your end momwannabe! :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"