Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hey ladies
sounds like the ladies in here been busy. fingers x'd ttc sept 2010 that ur doc is useful if u havent had before they wil most likely do a full blood work up with hormone tests and pelvic ultrasound to make sure everyfin all ok, wel that is what my gp has done and told me it was standard for fertility testing
xx

Did insemination today :happydance::happydance::happydance: so either O today or will within 24hrs, if get another smiley face on opk will get another donation tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm exited can u tell, have a good feeling about this cycle :thumbup::happydance:

Hope it goes well!

Our cycles are pretty close together, do you mind if I send you a friend request? Will be nice to have someone to wait it out with!

I will be testing on 17th August, have you worked out your testing day yet??
I can't bloody wait, it seems ages away :(

absolutely I got test day the 15th. Of course I won't wait that long lol

has anyone here taken Soy or Clomid???

HELP!! I don't know what's wrong with my body, my temps been fluctuating and no sign of 'O'. I don't know why this is happening to me - one theory is that I am turning 30 so my hormones are really whacked!! :cry: Please help me!!

Hey ladies...

I've noticed a couple of you on here talking about doing OPKs and getting a positive and then continuing to test for the next couple of days and still getting positives and then getting confused about ovulation, so I thought I would chime in. Hopefully you will find this helpful. When doing OPKs, you ideally should test twice a day, at least morning and evening, starting at about cycle day 10, just in case you Ov early. Once you get a positive, STOP TESTING!!! Most women will get a positive OPK for more than one day...it does not mean your Ov is screwed up or that you haven't Ov'd yet. The LH surge can remain present for 1, 2, or sometimes even 3 or more days. The first positive is the only one that is important. Once you get a positive, you should Ov in 12-36 hours from the time of the first positive. Continuing to do OPKs after the first positive is pointless and just causes confusion. Hope this helps!

Erin

Also, when I was TTC with donor sperm, I would try to do an insemination as close to my first OPK as possible, then again the next afternoon, and again the next day if possible. The cycle that I got pregnant with Eden, I did an insem about an hour after my positive OPK and then the next afternoon, which was about 15-16 hours after my positive OPK. Based on Ov pains, I am pretty sure that I Ov'd about 20 hours after my first positive OPK.

has anyone here taken Soy or Clomid???

HELP!! I don't know what's wrong with my body, my temps been fluctuating and no sign of 'O'. I don't know why this is happening to me - one theory is that I am turning 30 so my hormones are really whacked!! :cry: Please help me!!

I'm taking soy.. It definitely helps me ovulate. It's actually natural and not unusual to have a few anovulary cycles a year though.

Hey ladies...

I've noticed a couple of you on here talking about doing OPKs and getting a positive and then continuing to test for the next couple of days and still getting positives and then getting confused about ovulation, so I thought I would chime in. Hopefully you will find this helpful. When doing OPKs, you ideally should test twice a day, at least morning and evening, starting at about cycle day 10, just in case you Ov early. Once you get a positive, STOP TESTING!!! Most women will get a positive OPK for more than one day...it does not mean your Ov is screwed up or that you haven't Ov'd yet. The LH surge can remain present for 1, 2, or sometimes even 3 or more days. The first positive is the only one that is important. Once you get a positive, you should Ov in 12-36 hours from the time of the first positive. Continuing to do OPKs after the first positive is pointless and just causes confusion. Hope this helps!

Erin

I know I shouldn't have confused myself but too late now lol.

I know only the first one matters but if I got a positive on Fri, as you said I should Ovulate in 12-36 hours. So why am I still getting really strong positives today? Plus my persona monitor hasn't come up with the little egg sign yet so that is saying I am not ovulating, which is what is confusing me.

It seems that my first positives on the OPK were wrong going by the persona, and I was confused as it was too early for me to ovulate. Unless the tests are picking up the hormone 5-6 days before ovulation, is this posible?

Got my positive OPK today and CM and CP are how they should be so I've e-mailed donor and he's coming over tonight :happydance::happydance::happydance: lol

Wee bit nervous about meeting him for the first time but through our e-mail communication he seems like a very 'mellow' chap, also VERY excited about eventually trying. Keep your fingers crossed folks :)

Well that was an experience, lol. He was a nice chap, what I expected, but he stayed for over an hour before he did the donation, felt a bit wierd at first and I was thinking 'just get on with it' but I guess he wanted to get to know me a bit so that's fine. :)

There wasn't a lot of donation because he had had some 'him time' this morning, he thought he wouldn't be needed until friday but the positive OPK surprised us both (I'm only CD11). Think it was about 2ml in the syringe and I'm sure I've read on here that people have had less.

I'm now going to leave the soft cup in (no leakage, lol ;)) overnight. Excited and hopeful at the moment, fingers crossed :)

Got my BFP around 5pm. 2nd cycle using donor sperm, with soy and softcups.

I'm cautious.. because the 2nd test I took is negative. Hoping tomorrow with FMU will be positive.

good luck ladies!

unapologetik -- big congratulations to u!!! so many success stories here!! wow!

i think my temps are evening out, 3 straight days of low temp, so O might be nearing. Fxed!

c.30 - That's great news and 2ml isn't bad at all really :thumbup:

unapologetik - Congratulations! I'm sure that test will be positive :hugs:

AFM, I saw the doctor this morning and he's told me to have a full bloodwork done on CD6 to check my hormones. I'm just trying to get FOB to hurry up and get his SA done, I know blokes can be funny about them, but he's really dragging his feet with it :growlmad: xx

I got a negative OPK so I have FINALLY ovulated :happydance:

Think I must have ovulated yesterday which means the donations from Sat and Mon were in good time and should hopefully give us a good chance at the BFP!

I am officially 1DPO :happydance:

I swear I would testing now if my partner wasn't restraining me :haha:

I just want to know if it works!

Congrats unapologetik!!!!

Regarding the amount....my OH only ever produced 1ml a time at very max - remember quality not quantity!:flower:

LIAN, I hope that that is what your evening temps mean. That is kinda of what I am looking at on my chart as well. Except today, it seems there was a pretty good dip.... *curious*

GL with the full bloods, I hope that the information is promising TTCSEPT.

TWOMUMS, this is sooo promising! My FXD and TXD for you! Your "donation" timing seems spot on! :dust: :dust: :dust:

AFM, I am currently waiting to see if my temps are indicating AF is arriving or that OV is about to occur, I know things are a little different after a M/C so I am waiting for one or the other to let me know what we are about to do. The "donation" is on standby for Monday if it's OV, so, I wish the next couple of days would hurry and show!

Congrats unapologetik! Fingers crossed for you!

As for amount, I almost always got about 2ml from my donor!

Thanks MrsMM24 -- Finally got a full-ferning on the Saliva test, and I'm about to confirm with my OPK. But I feel like I'm gonna O soon. :happydance:

I just called donor, Fxed he can make it tonight.

By the way, I just watched "The Switch"- Jennifer Aniston's movie about using using AI, plot is quite simple but since I'm a single, I can really relate with her character. There was this touching line on the film on what she says to he son (using AI), "Mommy loves you so much she cannot wait another day to see you."

Maybe, I'll just write this on my journal and everyone is welcome to stalk it. Thanks!! :dust: to all of us waiting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->