Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I hope everything is going well with the potential donor Cheryl, the timing would be perfect! :hugs: xx

Just wondering if anyone has gone this route... We found a donor online whos willing to ship sperm to us... he said it gets shipped "chilled" but im wondering if anyone has had any success with this way...and if the sperm would live that long. Thanks :)

wilson, this will be 5th cycle using a shipping donor and i did do alot of research on it beforehand...the sperm do stay chilled and alive but it's best to insem pretty soon as you get them..they do need to be overnighted to you as well...i am a member on FSDR and i see alot of shipping successes and my donor is from Canada and has has many successes via shipping so it's def a possibility...google for more info but the sperm are kept alive from an egg yolk buffer liquid substance...good luck whatever u decide :) :)

Thank u Cheryl and fxed for your bfp!:flower:

MrsMM..hope u get some rest in before the egg chasing begins;) wishing u the best for this cycle:)

thanks Ruby and Pink or Blue...baby dust to u guys:) :)

MM~ I'm doing okay, thank you for asking! :) The cramping on the left side of my uterus is back, although yesterday it was throbbing all day. Not sure what that was about but glad it stopped today. I hope you're able to relax sometime this weekend, I do know how cleaning can be time consuming though.

Cheryl~ How exciting! I second what MM said!

Wilsons~ If it helps, there have been a lot of successes, mostly on the first try with shipping according to a donor I usually chat with on FSDR. A few of the recipients I've chatted with also had first time success with shipping, others had success after a few shipments. It's definitely possible, I was going to go with a shipping donor until I met the donor I have now.

faithbabies~ Lots of babydust to you too!!! :)

Just to let you ladies know, donor was a no show :cry: I've put it all in my journal. Temp rose slightly this morning but no crosshairs on FF as yet. In contact with 3 donors, one of whom I've spoken to already today but think I may be out of the race this cycle :(

GL to everyone else having insems at the mo and those in the 2ww :dust: :hugs:

Ugh, what a douche for standing you up like that! :growlmad: Sorry, Cheryl, you deserve so much better than that. I hope you find a much better donor for next cycle. :hugs:

Hi girls,

I think I'll be entering the 2ww anytime soon. Got a donation late last night and today temp is still low, so Fxed! :happydance:

just a question: I notice that I'm cramping each time I have the softcup inside of me. I cannot really feel the softcup and I practice to make sure I know how to put it, but still I feel crampy down there, not in the uterus area but much lower. Is this normal or is this just an ovulation sign which I'm confusing with the softcup inside?

Lian- A lot of women do cramp with the softcup inside. It's not that it's positioned wrong its just how it sits sometimes that causes the cramping. I personally never did. I had cramps post ovulation but that was more due to implantation than the softcup. So here is hoping that is what it is!

Hi girls,

I think I'll be entering the 2ww anytime soon. Got a donation late last night and today temp is still low, so Fxed! :happydance:

just a question: I notice that I'm cramping each time I have the softcup inside of me. I cannot really feel the softcup and I practice to make sure I know how to put it, but still I feel crampy down there, not in the uterus area but much lower. Is this normal or is this just an ovulation sign which I'm confusing with the softcup inside?

all three times i inseminated i cramped really bad and i just believe its the semen being so close to your cervix for so long.. because as you know only the sperm travels up there not the semen the semen is used to navigate through the vagina but since the softcup keeps everything right there.. i believe thats why ireally do.

I usually cramp if I've had the softcup in for too long, usually after the 6/7 hour mark, but it's nothing really. I'm not in pain or anything like that.

8dpo... two days to go until I can start testing!! xx

Hey all after reading through all of this ( yes every single page!) I feel like I know you all know lol

I am currently at a point in my life where my daughter is growing up way too fast and I'm not getting any younger and have had baby fever lately. Im single and have been thinking about having another baby and I dont want to go out and have a ONS and risk myself to disease and so forth so I have been researching and came across this page. I love how so many of you have got your BFP and I really hope that everyone waiting gets theirs soon especially you Ruby who started this thread!

I will be trying to lose weight over spring and summer ( Im from australia) and then come July I'll be TTC. If I have not found anyone in that time frame to be my partner and have a baby with then guess Ill be doing home insemenation. Until then I will be tracking my cycles to get an understanding of my O and I will start the process of looking for a donor. I want fresh sperm but no NI. Im a straight woman who just wants another baby...

So Ill be popping in everynow and then and watching all the bumps grow and more of you get your BFP's..I have not told anyone of my plans and I feel quite nervous telling u all but I feel a sense of family here...

Ok so Im on CD6 today I usually have a 24/25 day cycle so Ill start paying more attention to my cycle from today. I think I O on CD11 or CD12 as I get EWCM and pain... This is it girls..

I cant believe Ive made a decision about this!!

Baby dust to all xx

Welcome to the boards! Theres a few single girls going it alone here (including me but Im gay), so feel free to ask any questions!!

Had my scan yesterday and Im on team BLUE!! :happydance: Im so excited! Few pix!

Looking very 'Puck from Glee' with a mohawk, the 'potty shot', wee feet crossed and his legs up on his forehead! Got a dvd too. Im sooo glad I went private now, was sooo worth the money!

Attachments

• 2011-09-05 17.07.29.jpg
    2011-09-05 17.07.29.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2011-09-05 21.29.04.jpg
    2011-09-05 21.29.04.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2011-09-05 21.29.35.jpg
    2011-09-05 21.29.35.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2011-09-05 21.29.50.jpg
    2011-09-05 21.29.50.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Luna. I have been reading this thread for about a week now and Ive noticed that there are a few on here WOO!. Im sorry for all your angels that you have lost but Im glad that you finally have a sticky bean. Congrats on team blue I was thinking Pink for you lol. I was so sure when I was pg that I was having a boy but end up with a girl who is the most beautiful thing in this world!! Im 28 on Monday so I felt like b4 I turned 28 that I had to make a decision and Im so sick of waiting. Ive been doing this single mummy thing for a long time so I know that I can do it. I guess I was always just waiting.

But WTH am I waiting for?? I could meet someone and he turn out a real ahole and get left with a kid anyway so why not go it alone.

I do have a gay ex boyfriend ( he was my bf when we were 14, I always thought he was gay, pity he didnt until he was 18 LMAO) and we have always joked that he would be the father of my next child which I would be happy with. I think I might have to see if he is for real about it? Its just that he is another state to me so it would be complicated to get the donation..I dunno :shrug:
I guess Ill just talk with him and see what he thinks...who knows he could be back here by july..we are still pretty close and I would love to have his child

I guess after charting this month, Ill get onto asking him next month and then see if I have to start saving or looking for a donor!

Good luck with TTC Mama of One, I've seen you lurking around here before :thumbup:

9dpo... I'm getting a couple of symptoms that aren't the "norm" for me but we'll see :wacko: xx

Bigger, firmer boobs that are tender, painful to lie on. On/off cramping that feels nothing like AF and some lower back pain. Also had some yellow snotty CM this morning and my temps look pretty flat except for the two dips that I always get... I want to fast forward a few days!! :haha: xx

hehe yes I have been lurking you caught me lol :blush:

I was thinking about it but after reading all the posts I FINALLY decided that Yep this is what Im gonna do lol so thought it was about time I introduced myself lol

Good luck hope this month you get your BFP :dust:

Hi Mama_Of_One -- Welcome aboard! The thread is also like family to me. I'm also single and not getting any younger, I'm not looking for Mr. Right anymore. I wanted to be a mom and I also don't want to resort to ONS and risk myself with disease. I'm happy with my decision but I'll be much, much happier if I finally get that :bfp: There are so many success stories in here to inspire us that indeed, this could work out.

Anyway, TTC update. Today CD19, temp remained low which is quite weird but not alarming because I got a surefire positive OPK at CD17. I got another donation just in case today is O-day. I hope it is... Really, really looking forward to get that :bfp: :thumbup:

Hi Mama of one! Good luck to you :D

We're just back from our holiday yesterday.. We ended up only staying for a few days. Weather was horrible!
We're getting married in 6 days... :shock: SIX DAYS! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->