Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I still get the urge to poas and feel like Im wasting pee if I dont :rofl:

My POAS obsession is terrible.

I have over 40 positive tests now and I am still testing every couple of days . No idea why I guess it makes it seem more real.

I keep saying I should clear out all the tests to make me stop, the amount of HPT.s I have I could be doing this for a long time !

Yeah I am still POAS till my first appointment.

Congrats Luna on Team Blue!!!! Can't wait to see the first pics of Mr. Smiggle...

oooh i see i ve missed out of a couple of bfps while i ve been busy

congrats ladies.

I say this and it's crazy, but I use OPKs to satisfy my addiction during the TWW... :haha: Definitely use HPTs while preg just to keep a hold on reality.

TOPAZ, how have you been? How is baby Josh??

Today...CD10, I saw a hint of a pink line on the OPK this morning (hard squinting). We are going to call and move the donations up 1-2 days. Predicted OV is on the 16th and we want to cover a few days just to cover the bases a little more this month. Prior to MC I was OV on CD14 or 15 and the 16th will be CD18, I OV’d CD 20-21 last cycle…. I started using OvuView app on my phone last cycle, and interestingly, it said the best time to use OPKs is between 2-8pm. That I haven’t heard before. I guess I have it covered, as the clinic said first thing in the morning and I have been doing the morning and evening. I have been checking my cervix as well and I think it’s going to take a minute to get use to. I still check CM. Thanks to a dear BNB friend (NY), I began the baby aspirin last night, tussin, Primrose, and B-6, I am probably going to be ridiculously FERTILE! :haha: Next week can’t get here fast enough!!!! FXD! :dust: :dust:

josh is fine thanks, growing so big already, all the newborn stuff has been grown out of already and the 0-3 m wont be far behind. think i have super boobie juice. lol.

life is def crazy with 2 under 2 but they are worth it.

I say this and it's crazy, but I use OPKs to satisfy my addiction during the TWW... :haha: Definitely use HPTs while preg just to keep a hold on reality.

TOPAZ, how have you been? How is baby Josh??

Today...CD10, I saw a hint of a pink line on the OPK this morning (hard squinting). We are going to call and move the donations up 1-2 days. Predicted OV is on the 16th and we want to cover a few days just to cover the bases a little more this month. Prior to MC I was OV on CD14 or 15 and the 16th will be CD18, I OV’d CD 20-21 last cycle…. I started using OvuView app on my phone last cycle, and interestingly, it said the best time to use OPKs is between 2-8pm. That I haven’t heard before. I guess I have it covered, as the clinic said first thing in the morning and I have been doing the morning and evening. I have been checking my cervix as well and I think it’s going to take a minute to get use to. I still check CM. Thanks to a dear BNB friend (NY), I began the baby aspirin last night, tussin, Primrose, and B-6, I am probably going to be ridiculously FERTILE! :haha: Next week can’t get here fast enough!!!! FXD! :dust: :dust:

the leaflet that came with my OPK said to test around 2pm, and not to test with the first urine sample of the day, it also said not to drink for at least an hour before testing :thumbup:

TICKING, I totally didn't ever know that, I just started testing twice as I found my OV was not early in the morning.... The clinic also said the same time every morning, interesting, well, guess I was doing good and didn't realize it...

hey ladies...just a quick update....i've been sick..fever/cold symptoms and havent been around for a couple of days...anyhoo got my LH surge this morning and the "package" was supposed to arrive yesterday as my shipping donor overnighted it on tuesday..well fedex messed up and it turned into a 2 day delivery and i got it a few hours ago...timing actually wouldve been better except the swimmers were no longer chilled :growlmad: i wasnt very happy...i mean i took Clomid this cycle and am really hoping for bfp...my donor said there's still a huge chance of survival and i shouldnt get down before we know....but man it's hard to stay positive when every cycle something happens!! lol ah well just gotta have faith it'll happen when it's meant to ;)

overall the insem went well and i'm still holding my instead cup in :blush:

Faith - I cannot imagine how heartbroken u must be seeing that those swimmers are no longer chilled. But maybe your donor has high-endurance sperm and that most of them have survived the long journey and will survive the 'journey' awaiting them. :spermy: Can u get another package quickly, just in case you Od much later after the LH surge. I think, it happened to me this cycle, I Od around 2.5 days after +OPK.

MM - I've just stalked your chart again. Hope tomorrow will be another lowish temp meaning estrogen is surging and egg is about to be released. I think having a lot of donation even before the supposed O date will boost your chances as u are sure there are always some :spermy: waiting for the egg each day. It must be the principle of SMEP.

Topaz - after looking at pics of Callum and Josh, I think my desire to have a son has exponentiated. They are just so cute and I really, really wish I have 2 boys like yours. :baby: But, I wouldn't say no if I will get pregnant with a girl.

AFM, temp up for 2 consecutive days (dropped a bit today because of high stress last evening), but I think I'm 2DPO.

thanks Lian! yes i was upset but still hoping some made it..he does have great success in shipping and i've been reading about how sperm can live longer than people realize..it's amazing so all i can do is hope and pray one or two made it thru and will help me get a bfp!...thought about asking him to ship again tomorrow but it looked like my lh was probably positive about midnight last night so if i dont get another shipment till saturday it would be too much past lh surge to be worth my $...i will just anticipate another cycle if this one flunks ....man this sucks lol :wacko: baby dust in your 2ww :)

wow so using shipped sperm can work??
i have a donor local who will donate to me, but will consider shipped too x

Another BFN with an IC, but my temp has shot back up again after the drop tomorrow... it's never done that at this late stage, now at 12dpo! xx

Faith - I cannot imagine how heartbroken u must be seeing that those swimmers are no longer chilled. But maybe your donor has high-endurance sperm and that most of them have survived the long journey and will survive the 'journey' awaiting them. :spermy: Can u get another package quickly, just in case you Od much later after the LH surge. I think, it happened to me this cycle, I Od around 2.5 days after +OPK.

MM - I've just stalked your chart again. Hope tomorrow will be another lowish temp meaning estrogen is surging and egg is about to be released. I think having a lot of donation even before the supposed O date will boost your chances as u are sure there are always some :spermy: waiting for the egg each day. It must be the principle of SMEP.

Topaz - after looking at pics of Callum and Josh, I think my desire to have a son has exponentiated. They are just so cute and I really, really wish I have 2 boys like yours. :baby: But, I wouldn't say no if I will get pregnant with a girl.

AFM, temp up for 2 consecutive days (dropped a bit today because of high stress last evening), but I think I'm 2DPO.

thanks for those lovely comments. im so blessed to have 2 gorgeous boys. i ve always wanted a girl but i love my boys with all my heart. they are such charicters.

FAITH, :hugs: I hope the donor is right, it only takes ONE!!! GL FXD! :dust:

LIAN, it did! It's staying pretty low, so we changed the donation days in cas. I think OV is near. We are definitely sticking close to the SMEP.... FXD that your temps remain high and bfp is near!

TICKING, yeah! Alot of us have/are using shipping and there have been plenty of bfps with this method. Look into it.

TTC, no :af: = good sign. Your temp rise is still good, I've seen some charts in FF gallery that look similar to your. FXD :dust:

AFM...CD11, We moved each donation up 1 day, it still spans over 6 days 4 times, because OV may be a little closer than we first thought. All the things that I am taking possibly will make a positive effect and we have a long fertile stage. FXD! I used the OPKs at night now and the line was the same as the morning, I will continue the nightly. Hoping to be ridiculously FERTILE in just a under a week!! FXD! :dust: :dust: The flooding in this area and all the rain is just annoying now... I mean, in less than 2 weeks, we have had an earthquake, hurricane, and now flooing/tropical storm :wacko: I hope everyone has a good weekend, hoping to hear some great news from all as we gear up for the next week! FXD!

Just a question from a newbie lol. Seeing as though I'm starting to get my self ready for checking cm temps and so forth what day would I start charting my temp? I know that Im gearing up to O now as I can feel it ( owies lol) but I never understood when you start taking your temp.

I know its too late to do it now but I thought for next cycle I could start or should I just start tomorrow?

Seee this is why I needed this thread lol. When I got pg with DD I fell pg after being with her dad a month :blush: so I wasnt really paying any attention to anything. I didnt know so much went into it lol.

Thanks ladies hope to see some BFP's around soon! :dust:

Mama of One - It's best to start charting on CD1, so I'd just wait for AF to show and begin then :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->