Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

OMG! yes! read my first few pages in my journal, my wife was completely "preggars"! LOL :haha:

AFM… CD14, I am hoping this is my week, we will be having donations at the end of the week into next week. My CM has been hard to read, I typically have quite a bit after af leaves, it has been here, just not loads as I am use to OPKs are starting to show a little pink so I am getting anxious. I added green tea, from a suggestion on the threads, just want to give clear enough path for the swimmers to reach their destination. I got my preseed on Saturday so I think we have all the things we need, just waiting on the eggy. I have been working so much and trying not to obsess at the wait to OV I am so tired daily. Other than that, the weekend was as expected, with the 9-11 memorials and specials, I didn’t really rest, and this week, my exercises will pick up, and our daughter begins karate so, who knows, I guess I at least have enough to keep me occupied. My temps are also doing something, I don’t see how I am near my last coverline or a coverline at all… guess we will see. FXD! :dust: :dust:

Quick question ladies...

Have any of you had a donor come to your place to do the deed? I hadn't even considered it until I realised how full the week I should ovulate is looking. Especially with me working at night, hotels are pretty much out of the question unless I can beg someone to cover me and that's not guaranteed.

I haven't brought it up with the donor yet, I have met him and he seems really nice, and a normal guy. My thinking was I could go sit in my car once he arrives and then wait for him to leave before I go back in and inseminate.

What are your thoughts?

We did it at the house a couple of times...once he used the bathroom while we just stayed in our room...and then he passed off the donation cup to us...and the other time..he used our spare room...as long as your comfortable and open it should work...:)

I agree with DMfamily, as long as your comfortable with it. That's the arrangement I have with my donor, I wish I had a spare room for him but I only have my bathroom. He does his deed while I wait in the living room, dh is usually in the bedroom keeping the kids entertained. Have a talk with him and see what he says. Good luck and I hope things work out for you! :)

We are blowing, praying, sprinkling, spraying and anything else we possibly can send your way for the BFP:dust:.
OMG! yes! read my first few pages in my journal, my wife was completely "preggars"! LOL :haha:

AFM… CD14, I am hoping this is my week, we will be having donations at the end of the week into next week. My CM has been hard to read, I typically have quite a bit after af leaves, it has been here, just not loads as I am use to OPKs are starting to show a little pink so I am getting anxious. I added green tea, from a suggestion on the threads, just want to give clear enough path for the swimmers to reach their destination. I got my preseed on Saturday so I think we have all the things we need, just waiting on the eggy. I have been working so much and trying not to obsess at the wait to OV I am so tired daily. Other than that, the weekend was as expected, with the 9-11 memorials and specials, I didn’t really rest, and this week, my exercises will pick up, and our daughter begins karate so, who knows, I guess I at least have enough to keep me occupied. My temps are also doing something, I don’t see how I am near my last coverline or a coverline at all… guess we will see. FXD! :dust: :dust:

babymakestwo - With my previous donors, they all came to the house to do the deed. I let them use the bedroom whilst I waited downstairs. It's only now I'm not living alone that I've decided to switch to a local hotel to meet TC. He usually stays there overnight too so I can have two donations. This cycle I've got to email him when I get a positive OPK, he'll travel up and donate on O-1 and then again the next morning on ovulation day :thumbup: xx

My donor also came to my house. He would donate in the living room while i waited in the bedroom, then he'd leave so i could inseminate! I could have used hotels, but wanted to keep costs down and felt more relaxed at home. I always told people he was coming round (i needed a babysitter, so my daughter would go to my mum's!).

No, I'm asexual and to be honest AI is weird enough for me, never mind NI! :haha: xx

To me, the AI/NI debate comes down to an individual choice. It's been proven that NI is no more successful than AI according to some posts on this thread in the past so for me it was an easy decision to make :thumbup: xx

i have found a great donor locally, we get on really well and he does NI only and can be available any night i need
the only other donor is AI but is quite a distance away

:wacko:

As long as he can provide up to date STI/STD checks and you're comfortable with both him and the NI method then it's completely your decision :thumbup: xx

ticking.clock -- i wouldn't say that NI never crossed my mind. besides during O-time, I also feel the 'heat.' But then I have just gotten out of a relationship and sex is just too complicated, but then it's just me..

but I don't know why a donor will only do NI and will not even consider AI.

ticking clock...i agree, as long as he can provide up to date std results and it wont compromise your beliefs/values then i believe that's up to you...it has crossed my mind once or twice when i felt hopeless, but my hubby would freak haha ;) good luck with whatever u decide!!! :)

lian..today is 5dpo for me:) baby dust to us both! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->