Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

As a lesbian, Id never consider NI. Personally I dont see why they cant do AI instead and think that if they 'only' offer NI, they're only after 1 thing and the baby is a by-product. I want my donor to want to help me have a family, not want unprotected sex on tap with someone desperate for a baby. But each to their own

he will do NI/PI and i personally prefer NI, to me it just has more chance of working.
i could just go behind a guys back and have a ONS but it is a mutual agreement.
he isnt doing it for just the act of sex, had to explain really but we have been in contact for the last 4 months and to me it feels right

I'm with Liz, as a lesbian (a married one at that :winkwink: ) I'd never have sex with a guy - whether for a baby or for any other reason. I wouldn't want my wife to see our baby as a product of me having sex with some bloke.

If you're straight/bi and not in a relationship I don't see anything wrong with it though! Like ticking.clock says - most babies born to single ladies/lesbian couples way back when WERE conceived through a deceptive one night stand at the right time of the month.

I'm with Liz, as a lesbian (a married one at that :winkwink: ) I'd never have sex with a guy - whether for a baby or for any other reason. I wouldn't want my wife to see our baby as a product of me having sex with some bloke.

If you're straight/bi and not in a relationship I don't see anything wrong with it though! Like ticking.clock says - most babies born to single ladies/lesbian couples way back when WERE conceived through a deceptive one night stand at the right time of the month.

I'm straight and single, and as my username suggests i can feel my clock ticking :haha: and as much as i'd like to have a baby as part of relationship i have brough my 2 children up alone and know i can do it again.

as far as i see it, we are 2 consenting adults doing what comes naturally (excuse the pun lol )

I did, ticking and it really complicated matters. You can pm me if you like. I didn't fall pregnant that cycle, but fell 4ish months later, using AI with another donor.

my only concern would be (and you prob know the answer anyway so not really an issue) is he donating to any one else, they prob wont have had sti testing, has he asked you to have tests??

im a single straight mummy, and ni is not something i would concider but if you feel comfortable with it then i guess you might as well enjoy yourself, but dont base your decician on the fact you think it will improve your chances of success. it wont. ai and ni have exactly the same odds.

LIAN and FAITH, are you on my TWW thread? Ther are quite a few ladies there that are 5, 6, 7 + DPO!!! https://www.babyandbump.com/two-wee...-9-30-testers-join-me-5-testers-counting.html

TICKING, I think that it is a very personal decision. I will have to agree with TEGANS (Happy Wed day again yesterday :haha: ) I am a very married Lesbian so I would never have a NI insem situation. However, I don't see why a bisexual, single, unmarried, woman wouldn't do so. I am sure there are major complications but that is with any major decision. I do want to make notice of your comment that it is more successful, that is a proven myth. It is not any more successful that AI, with the best timed methods, both have the same success rate, if not a fraction of a fraction of a difference. If you are comfortable with NI, then move forward happily. I think this group, lesbian, bisexual or straight, is simply about the "donations" however you choose to get it is not an issue. GL FXD!! that you get that sticky bean before your clock runs out. :dust:

AFM... Not much to report, the lines are getting a little darker, I think I have timed OV just right, even if it is a day or so late, I will be ok, because "donations" are set for Thur, Fri, Sun and Mon!!! OV is between Thurs and Sat (predicted) FXD!!! GL Lovely Ladies!!! :dust:

Hiya,

i didnt say it would definatly increase my chances of falling pregnant, but to me it seems that way
and that isnt because my donor has talked me into it, it just feels more natural

having a baby the insemination way isnt for everyone, that why i havent really told many people of my plans

and... my donor has never put pressure on me at all, i made the decision to go NI before i started looking for a donor, its not a popular choice i admit but i guess we do what feels right to us x

ticking.clock, it is ultimately your decision but I can imagine it WOULD complicate matters if you didn't want the donor to be involved in the childs life.

I know in my situation (even if I was completely cool with it and my OH was too), a baby whose conceived by NI is never the non-bio mum's baby. Now we're married, any babies I conceive via AI will automatically have both of our names on the BC. If they're not conceived by AI, they are their biological fathers children (or the donors).

No one should judge you for doing this, it's completely your choice and as long as both parties are aware of the risk, go for it! It's a good deal really, a baby AND getting your rocks off? Can't go wrong :rofl: Just hope he's decent in the sack or it'll be a disappointment! :lol:

ticking.clock, it is ultimately your decision but I can imagine it WOULD complicate matters if you didn't want the donor to be involved in the childs life.

I know in my situation (even if I was completely cool with it and my OH was too), a baby whose conceived by NI is never the non-bio mum's baby. Now we're married, any babies I conceive via AI will automatically have both of our names on the BC. If they're not conceived by AI, they are their biological fathers children (or the donors).

No one should judge you for doing this, it's completely your choice and as long as both parties are aware of the risk, go for it! It's a good deal really, a baby AND getting your rocks off? Can't go wrong :rofl: Just hope he's decent in the sack or it'll be a disappointment! :lol:

we have an agreement whereby he does not have contact apart from sex and date of birth of the child, and likewise i cant calim child support, and as for being good in the sack i dont care as long as his stuff works :happydance:

:rofl: Good attitude to have I guess!

Well I wish you all the luck in the world either way :)

I'm CD14 today.. feeling a bit crampy! We've decided this month to go for one well timed insem and we're to email our donor as soon as we get a positive OPK. They're definitely getting darker (I've only used them once before but I knew this month my body might be wacky because of how stressful this month has been) but not quite there yet. Fingers crossed!

How's everyone doing anyway?

we have an agreement whereby he does not have contact apart from sex and date of birth of the child, and likewise i cant calim child support, and as for being good in the sack i dont care as long as his stuff works :happydance:

:haha: Exactly!!!!

:rofl: good luck ticking clock and lots of :bfp: :dust:

Ticking -
Just want to throw this out there as my mom is a family lawyer and she talks to me a lot about how we will handle our donor. Depending on where you live even a contract between the 2 of you isn't necessarily a legally binding document. Here in MN they take the childs best interest at heart so if he decides he wants to be the dad he can petition the court and they may grant him visitation. Just an FYI. I hope everything works out for ya.

Thanks MM24, I just joined that thread.. It really sounds very exciting!! It feels so relieving that I'm in the same boat as dozens if not hundreds of women around the world. :yipee:

Faith, Fxed we both get our :bfp: Do u have any symptoms already?
_____

Ladies, I have a question on temp adjustment. My usual wake-up time is 10AM (pretty late cause I'm a night owl :sleep:), but today I woke up around 7:30AM and my temp is 36.6. I slept once again but woke up at 9:00AM and temp is 36.4. I used FF's temp correction, and it spits out 36.2 if I use both temperatures. But if I only use the 1st one, I get 36.8. Which one should I use then?

At 7DPO, I think I would like to see a temp dip indicating implantation. But since I didn't see any spotting today then I'd rather have a highish temp. :shrug:

I've always been told to go on your first waking temp and have it adjusted if it's earlier/later than normal :thumbup: xx

Hi Ladies... You are welcome. The thread has just caught on from Aug! We had 20% success in aug and although I am in a Sept waiting pattern, the ladies wanted me to continue with Oct. There are sooo many women in the same boat, it is just awesome to share and to share with all different types of PMA! I hope Sept Thread is your bfp thread!!! GL FXD!

As for the temp, use the 7:30am as TTC said, the first is best. Not to mention, charting your temp, you should have 3 hours uninterrupted sleep to have valid temp and since it was 9a it wasn't 3 hrs for the 2nd. Use 730a with adjustment. GL FXD!!! :dust:

AFM… CD16, This will be the week to get it started. My CM has made a nice change and I am sure that OV is near!!! Donations have begun and the last will be Monday!! Best chances are directly before OV so here I go! My coverline temps should be coming in good as I think I see a clear pattern forming, and my CP seems to be shifting as of last night. Feeling really hopeful this cycle, as I have added so many different aspects. FXD! :dust: :dust:

Lian...thank you! fingers crossed for you! no i'm not having any symptoms..i never let that bother me though, as the one time i was prego i had no symptoms in the 2ww except AF type cramping the entire time and the doc said that was prob the progesterone supp i was using....baby dust to us both!! :flower:

mrsMM...fxd for you too girl!! hoping that eggy is on it's way to meet your swimmers and give u that sticky bfp!! :)

need advice guys

this cycle is my first proper cycle since stopping the depo and i had said i would wait until next month before starting donation

BUT

im due to ovulate any day now (getting lots of symptoms) and now im thinking "why not just try this month, got nothing to loose"

what would you do?

I would say that if everything has been thought through properly and the donor is free to donate then go for it :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->