Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

eeeeeek
donor is on his way i feel sick with nerves but excited too as im due to ovulate tomorrow

fingers crossed
x

heya ladies glad ttc seems to be going smoothly 4 most of u all.

i need a lil advice and i bit of a rant from u wonderful ladies.
i have my first fs appt a week 2moro + my paperwork has just arrived + my donor hs decided to b an arse. we have mentioned to him the possibility of him being needed to do an sa at the hospitial as part of my testing which he was fine with and felt it would b of benefit as he could have a copy of the results so he could show them to future receipients. wel wen this paperwork came through and asked for the usual info + mentioned an sa i brought it up with my donor so i could fill it in for wen i go to my appt. he has now decided he isnt willing to be mentioned on my paperwork or have a sa or answer the rountine qu they ask about allergies or medical history. although i understand it may b a lil daunting i am now freaking out as i dont know what to do? do i just leave it blank and hope the nhs wil stil treat me or do i try and get in touch with a new donor who would be willing to help me + my wife through this process?
ne advice would be gr8
xx

Ticking--

Glad to hear it went well fingers crossed here for you too!!!

thanks

been charting my BBT and it has dropped from 36.6 to 36.2 due to ovulate today so what does the drop mean?

x

Ticking - It's normal to get a drop in temp on the day you ovulate, followed by a rise the next day :thumbup:

Gemini - I'm sorry your donor is messing you around. I would contact the NHS and just ask what would happen if the donor didn't want to be involved in the FS process. If it would cause a problem, I would either give him a kick up the backside and let him know how important it is, and if he still doesn't co-operate then I'd have to make the decision whether I want to start the search for another donor or not. But that's just me... other girls on here might handle it in a completely different way. Good luck! :hugs: xx

Gemini, I was seeing a fs too and they didnt need my donors details, they wud have been helpful but they were still willing to test me since I was doing AI at home. I was being tested for recurrent miscarriage tho, but the principle is the same! U might find it hard to find a donor willing to disclose information and do an SA to the nhs

Gemini I don't understand all the issue with the NHS, but is there someway to do a self pay SA? Then you could probably keep it anonymous, which is what I guess is the donor issue. I don't know if your fs would accept that. We self payed and the cost of an SA was very reasonable. I think it was $100 (whats that like 50 pounds?).

CHERYL, so glad things are looking up for you! FXD GL :dust: for the next cycle.

GL FXD :dust: MOMMY2B, are you on the testing threads with me yet? https://www.babyandbump.com/two-week-wait/730329-come-10-1-10-31-testers.html#post12717859 OCTOBER Thread

GEMINI, I am so sorry that the donor is being reluctant. I hope the issues clear out really soon FXD!

TICKING, I think that if you OV'd yesterday, you are good with the timing.... GL FXD! :dust:

AFM… 4DPO, I have not been SS, don't plan to until at least 6DPO, so we shall see, I am feeling pretty good, and really good about my chances! FXD! My temps look good and are rising although slowly. FXD! :dust: :dust:

FF predicted ovulation for today ticker says tomorrow

Tickers aren't really very accurate. Have you been testing with OPKs and not got a positive? I don't ovulate until late in my cycle (maybe CD18ish) so the ticker thing never worked for me. I would only go by positive OPKs.

im using cheap opk but bought a clearblue today
im also charting my BBT and had a dip today so waiting to see what i get tomorrow
donor is available tomorrow if needed :)

Just catching up on how everyone is getting on over here :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for you all!!!

thanks ladies + i am sorry 4 my rant. i think we r planning to just fill in my info as after re looking at the paperwork it specifies male partner + i dont have one if those if being techinical + wil cross all other bridges wen i get to them. + have a chat to do the donor as doing a sa for us is no different for him paying for one privately except its not costing him anything + if he stil refuses wil have to go back to the drawing board.
xx

Hi girls, I'm on a new cycle. AF got me! I was a mess yesterday feeling like bloody cr*p, but now I'm much better and I'm optimistic that October will be my month! :yipee:

MM24 - Chart is looking good. FF calls this the 'slow-rise' and it's a good sign of a healthy O.

Ticking - nice timing, :dust: to u. Will u be doing another 'donation' just to cover the bases?

Mechanica - Wow! you are nearing your due date! I think u are the 1st twins success story in this thread. Congratulations!

Gemini - I agree with what Emma said. I'm not really familiar with the NHS system, but I hope u get things sorted out with that donor or find an alternative one if he's giving u a hard time.

Cheryl - GL for us on this new cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->