Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ticking-So glad to hear that you and your donor are clicking! If you don't mind me asking, did you decide on AI or NI? And if NI, how has that been? If you feel comfortable maybe you could share as I know that most if not all of the gals on here have used AI and it would be good/interesting to hear a positive NI experience as I know people tend to have very mixed feelings about this. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand :)

MM24 - Wow! Your chart really looks pregnant! :thumbup: I think you'll be getting that end of the month :bfp:

Faith - Stay away :af: This cycle ain't over yet.

Pink - Great timing. :dust: to u and for your end of the month :bfp:

Ticking - I agree with EPD, if u don't mind, maybe u can share your positive experience w/ NI. I'm also quite close to my donor as he is a friend and NI would be weird for us. But I've been talking with another donor and waiting for his STD checks.

Hiya,

more than happy to :thumbup:

I met my donor back in May when i was still on the depo injection, and we have been in regular contact since, as i wanted to make an informed decision and NOT a decision made when i was sooooo focused on getting the BFP :haha:

Depo was due in June, but didnt have it, and thought I had a long wait but had period beginning of sept.

Last sunday we did our first donation, and my word i felt ill, soooo nervous and so was he, but afterwards it didn't feel "seedy" or wrong at all
He is very professional, no kissing, touching (well you know what i mean lol ) he gets himself geared up, we do the deed and its finished. minimum ammount of time possible as it is NOT making love its just purly the act of making a baby.

Tuesday, he comes back, not nervous at all, and pretty similar to sunday, whole thing takes a max of 10 mins.

we chat afterwards, its really is all very relaxed :happydance:

i'm not saying ALL donors offering NI are in it for the right reasons and i have spoken to some right odd balls but if you do the ground work you can find a good donor :thumbup:

ticking.clock thank you for the useful information as I'm considering this as well.

Welcome back dodgegirl! :hugs:

Ticking - That method sounds very similar to PI - the donor gets the ball rolling on his own, but then NI is used toward the very end for the actual insemination. It's definitely good for NI/PI experiences to be put down on this thread though, seeing as not all women want AI, so thank you! :thumbup:

MomTTC - I'd say that you could possibly find more serious donors on the pay sites, but I've always seemed to come across the same men on both pay sites and free forums. A lot of them tend to join a few places in order to meet more potential recipients.

AFM, I should be getting my donations next week if all goes well! I'll crack open the OPK's on Saturday and let the donor know when I get a smiley face. Hopefully I'll get to inseminate on O-1 and the day of O itself, if all goes to plan... xx

Welcome back dodgegirl! :hugs:

Ticking - That method sounds very similar to PI - the donor gets the ball rolling on his own, but then NI is used toward the very end for the actual insemination. It's definitely good for NI/PI experiences to be put down on this thread though, seeing as not all women want AI, so thank you! :thumbup:

MomTTC - I'd say that you could possibly find more serious donors on the pay sites, but I've always seemed to come across the same men on both pay sites and free forums. A lot of them tend to join a few places in order to meet more potential recipients.

AFM, I should be getting my donations next week if all goes well! I'll crack open the OPK's on Saturday and let the donor know when I get a smiley face. Hopefully I'll get to inseminate on O-1 and the day of O itself, if all goes to plan... xx

I am a member on a few sites and the same people are there regrdless of if they are free or paying
just take your time and meet a few and you will find the right one for you

NI isnt much more than PI, only with PI they sort themselves to the point of O then inseminate but with NI it lasts a bit longer as they only get themselves hard :haha:
but it is NOT like having sex with a partner, there is no foreplay, no hand jobs etc :winkwink:

Ticking- sounds like things went well for you. Have you thought about/ discussed if things do go weird or you don't "feel" like doing NI or is it a strictly NI agreement?

AFM- I joined a donor site today!! Im about 3-4 months ahead of myself lol I wanted to start looking in January :shock: I wonder if I'll even make it to July??

I havent told anyone of my plans yet and tbh I don't know if I will until I get a BFP but I have a friend who's a lesbian announce her pregnancy ( i didnt even know they were trying) and it got me thinking of asking her what path they went down to get there so I guess if I do someone will know. I dunno.. All I know is I'm one step closer now lol.

Baby dust!

TICKING, your information is bound to be helpful to a few ladies here, great for sharing! How are you feeling today, you're in the TWW?!? GL :dust:

FAITH, I hope :af: has done good for once and stayed away. FXD! :dust:

LIAN, how are you today? We are testing together right? FXD! :dust:

TTC SEPT, hope this is it!! FXD! GL, etc for a OV and bfp soon!!! :dust:

AFM… 7DPO, Temps staying high I am staying optimistic. FXD! I had a little headache this morning, it has subsided, and I have been getting weird feelings. I even had a dream (reading my journal you will see I don't really dream or I don't remember that I did when I wake) I recalled the whole thing to the wife who died laughing. I am still super tired. Still SS and Fatigue, headaches, and dreams are listed today... DW wanted me to test, but I laughed it off, not going for the early disappointment, she has little patience so I expected her to say that already... :haha: Come on high temps next few days!!!FXD! :dust: :dust:

TICKING, your information is bound to be helpful to a few ladies here, great for sharing! How are you feeling today, you're in the TWW?!? GL :dust:

FAITH, I hope :af: has done good for once and stayed away. FXD! :dust:

LIAN, how are you today? We are testing together right? FXD! :dust:

TTC SEPT, hope this is it!! FXD! GL, etc for a OV and bfp soon!!! :dust:

AFM… 7DPO, Temps staying high I am staying optimistic. FXD! I had a little headache this morning, it has subsided, and I have been getting weird feelings. I even had a dream (reading my journal you will see I don't really dream or I don't remember that I did when I wake) I recalled the whole thing to the wife who died laughing. I am still super tired. Still SS and Fatigue, headaches, and dreams are listed today... DW wanted me to test, but I laughed it off, not going for the early disappointment, she has little patience so I expected her to say that already... :haha: Come on high temps next few days!!!FXD! :dust: :dust:

thanks Lian and mrsmm, but looks like the witch will be here tonite or tomorrow i'm still lightly spotting and showing signs..i hope she waits till tomorrow as it'll be easier for donor to ship on a monday rather than a friday which will be too early...if i start tomorrow my lh should fall on oct 4..whichis tues i think and that will be good. fingers crossed october is our month ladies...unless this is your bfp Mrsmm!!! and it sounds promising :) :)

I did, ticking and it really complicated matters. You can pm me if you like. I didn't fall pregnant that cycle, but fell 4ish months later, using AI with another donor.

I have a question did you get any signs that you were having twins. I'm only 6 weeks and I look 4 months. When did you find out it was twins how many weeks and how are your doing...

Thinking I might have more than one baby in me.

Wow JAZZ! 1st, nice hearing from you. Hope you're well. 2nd, I don't know about twins Hun! 3rd, for my 2nd pg, I looked 4 months at 8 wks! :haha: all I can say is good luck. From other ladies on here, I her your hsg homones increase faster with twins....

MomTTC, I suppose that if you've been looking long enough, have communicated with potentials, and still just don't feel as if you've "clicked" with anyone, then It's worth paying.
I wish you the best of luck!!

Ticking - thanks for the info :thumbup: you seem to have timed it really well, GL and FX!

:hi: Punkmama

Congrats MummyLou :happydance: boy, you've got patience girl ;) :thumbup:

Pinkorblue and Mummy2be, hope your having a good 2ww :dust: to you and everyone else in the 2ww

Faith, sorry AF got you :hugs: on to October cycle!

Dodgegirl, GL on the donor search, I know how hard that can be, hope you can find a good one!

TTC, GL for this month, lots of :dust: to ya

MrsMM, your charts looking REALLY good, everything crossed for you.

Lian, looks like we're on same track again :hugs:

For anyone I've missed out :hi:

AFM, been a tough couple of days as I sometimes suffer with hormonal headaches which are quite painful and I call "mini migraines" (I suffer from migraines). I've had one since tuesday, they usually last about 2 days but because I've been a bit stressed over trying to find a donor, this one's sticking. The 2 donor's I was in contact with have ceased communication, they both turned out to be quite unreliable but I am speaking to someone else who I'm meeting on monday and is willing to help this cycle if we're both happy so FX!!!!

MomTTC, I suppose that if you've been looking long enough, have communicated with potentials, and still just don't feel as if you've "clicked" with anyone, then It's worth paying.
I wish you the best of luck!!

Thank you! Still looking. There seem to be a few good possibilities, but I'm trying to figure out who is the best. Not even really sure what my criteria should be. Worry a little because I read so many ladies have had donors back out at the last minute.

Jazz - I know that in the first few weeks there can be extreme bloating that can make you look further along than you actually are, but I suppose if you're carrying twins, your hormones are going wild in there and you're going to grow a lot faster... who knows! :hugs: xx

I did, ticking and it really complicated matters. You can pm me if you like. I didn't fall pregnant that cycle, but fell 4ish months later, using AI with another donor.

I have a question did you get any signs that you were having twins. I'm only 6 weeks and I look 4 months. When did you find out it was twins how many weeks and how are your doing...

Thinking I might have more than one baby in me.

Hi Jazz!

I had no idea i was carrying twins, though one of my friends did suspect it. I was very sick in the first 12 weeks as well as being COMPLETELY exhausted. Sometimes i literally could not pick my head up off the pillow and i kept fall asleep! Other than that, no signs whatsoever but i did start showing much earlier than my singleton pregnancy.

This was my 12 week bump https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hph...0945364_100000479612932_1123638_2434479_n.jpg

This is my 26 week bump, i'm practically the same size as i was when i was 'term' with my daughter. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...972275634_816630633_21072091_1394884400_n.jpg so you do grow much bigger much quicker with twins!

Let us know how you get on!!

Good luck to all those in their 2ww, fingers crossed!

Awww I love ur 26 week bump!! Im 21 weeks tomoro! Cant turn the pic on my fone tho!

Attachments

• 2011-09-23 14.43.15.jpg
    2011-09-23 14.43.15.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g