Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ewcm can come and go during the day! Grapefruit juice wil give u more tho!

I had 3 donors at one point as I was sick of being let down 10 mins b4 meeting. I had a break for 6 months after my 6th miscarriage and started looking again at start of april, met my current donor in middle,had 3 donations at O-5, O-3 and O-1, and was pregnant at 9dpo! So it can go quite fast wen u meet the right one! I wasnt even gona hav the last donation,but got a positive opk the Sat nite,n txt to meet him on the sunday,even tho we hada drive 2 hours to see him for 2 mins! I didnt even lie down after or use my softcup,but it stil worked!

Mechanica I cant wait to see ur twins pix!

Thanks ladies, I've bought some grapefruit juice, it's from concentrate though it was in the chiller cabinet. I've arrange to collect my first donation tomorrow morning, I'm very excited now :D

It's fab to hear all the lovely positive news on here, it makes a very nerve racking time easier :kiss:

Mechanica~ Twins!! How exciting!!! :D

I have a back up donor that I like as much as the donor I'm using now. The back up is a shipping one though, and even though he's more than willing to help, he's glad I have a local donor. Good luck finding back ups, to those who are looking!

FX for you, Sparklie! :dust:

hope i've done the link to my chart right :haha:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/377edb

yeahy i did, what do you all think??

I'm back ladies, I feel better, or enough to get up, move around, clean up, and post! :haha:

PINKOR, I Hun, how are you? SMEP, is a task.... but I'm determined.

TTC, :hugs: sorry AF flew in! Next cycle will be the one! I had to push the donations back a day due to not feeling welll, so yesterday, was day 1.... will continue till Fri.

TICKING, I hope your blood results are good! As far as exercise, it is perfectly safe, especially if you had been prior to PG. It is actually good to help with fert.

CHERYL and MAMMA, so sorry AF flew on in. :hugs: As for inserting SC, I lay on my back and insert and have not spilled. However, I practiced a few times beforehand. I put preseed in vaginally about 15-30 mins before, but not in the cup.

JAZZ, so happy to hear from you. Wish you were feeling better with the nausea, hope it eases soon. Have you read my journal? DW use to ge all the symptoms and I didn't...

AFM...Stalk my chart!! 2nd day updating chart after being sick. Feeling sooo much better today and hoping this SMEP is working. Lines getting pinker on the ICs, I am sure OV is very near!! SMEP continues, another donation tomorrow, Wed, and Fri! Then.... I wait, starting to test on the 28th until pink lines show!! GL FXD! :dust:

I did At-Home+self+insemination last month and were unlucky but going to try again. Good luck to you!

Good luck to you too Melly! :thumbup:

I've just registered on FSDR, has anyone else had success on it? I've only ever used Tadpole before... xx

Good luck Melly, I inseminated this morning so I've got my fingers crossed it takes, I've never heaved so much in my life, the smell was awful! Next time I'm going to wear a white face mask with vicks under my nose.

TTC I used baby donor and was lucky to get a donor in a couple of weeks. Good luck, I hope you find one soon xx

I am trying SMEP this cycle too...well actually i started to try it last cycle but missed a few days to being out of town w/o DH so it wasn't exact. DH has been reassuring that if i need him to produce a sample every day he will do it...bless him, i don't think i can do this everyday so i think we will just try SMEP. and keep fingers crossed for everyone! Before i used preseed right on the syringe but i'm thinking i should insert a little before hand...do you think the lack of natural lubrication in our situation (since there isn't much foreplay with a syringe, lol) is setting me back?
also, i kinda have a stupid question...how do you know when the syringe is in far enough, i usually put it in until the plunger end is just at the opening of me. I'm afraid to go any farther...any suggestions or is this ok?

thanks and good luck ladies
k

I put it in that far too,so I cud stil press the plunger. I always put in some pre-seed 1st too to help them swim!

Good luck Melly, I inseminated this morning so I've got my fingers crossed it takes, I've never heaved so much in my life, the smell was awful! Next time I'm going to wear a white face mask with vicks under my nose.

:haha: That's a good plan!

MM~ I'm good, have 2 more days of waiting left until insems. I'm glad you're feeling better! :dust: your way, I have a feeling this month will be the one for you! :thumbup:

Melly~ :wave: Good luck to you this cycle!

TTC~ I found both of mine on FSDR. I hope you find a great donor on there! :thumbup:

Mamma~ I hope SMEP brings you a :bfp: Inserting preseed before the insem is a good idea. I think you're doing the right thing, you put in as far as you feel comfortable. I did it as far as it would go and hoped for the best.

i'm going stir crazy here :haha:

last month my cycle was 21 days, i'm now on CD21 and nothing.....

I have some creamy CM, i normally sleep on my tummy but for the last 2 nights i havent been able to as i feel sick if i do. I'm farting like a trooper (sorry lol ) :haha: had backache, and now my boobs are tingling

we did donation on 7th oct, and i ovulated on 8th. :happydance:

so i'm now 9DPO, test today was neg (couldn't resist lol)

i just wish if :witch: was gonna show up she would as the wait is driving me crazy :wacko:

i was so windy before my bfp with josh. and only got a faint lne at 10dpo so i have high hopes for you.

FXD :dust: TICKING!

Good Luck to the other SMEP'ers this month, it has been suuuuch a task especially after being sick. But I was determined to still try to catch that eggy. Just hoping that I OV!

TTC, I was able to find a donor on there so good luck!!
GL MELLY!!! :dust:
PINKOR, yay, you are sooo close to insem date.... I think I have another set up for that day as well so we will be together again. TWW together again as well. :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay! Feeling soooo much better!! Chart is coming together just as I hoped even after being sick for those few days, FF even took care of it as I indicated that I had a fever. Sure hope the SMEP is working well. We have just finished a donation about 3 hours ago.... FXD! OPK looked almost dark as the control this morning, hoping this evening it will indicate OV! I am sure OV is very near by no more than a day!! SMEP continues, another donation Wed and Fri! Then.... I wait.... GL FXD! :dust:

Helloooooooooooooo ladies! I have been a B&B member for a while..I am not sure if I have posted on this forum but hey HERE I AM AGAIN!...me and my beautiful wife are TTC for our first precious little one. We tried an at home insemination several months back but that was a BFN! bleh LOL we took a break over the summer because because of how crazy our schedules were as well as out donors. We are back and so ready to resume our TTC Journey...at the moment I am waiting on the witch to get here ugh I am 4 days late!! We have a wonderful known donor who we found through a yahoo group several months ago.

BABY DUST to all who are TTC'ing and congrats to all the BFP's!

I have a quick question to those who get their donation shipped...I would love to learn more about that and where do you order it from...we would love to increase our chances...we love our donor but sometimes things come up for him and we loose valuable cycles because he is not available.

Sparklie, I'm laughing my ass off!! I feel the same way mommy!!
good luck melly, i inseminated this morning so i've got my fingers crossed it takes, i've never heaved so much in my life, the smell was awful! Next time i'm going to wear a white face mask with vicks under my nose.

Ttc i used baby donor and was lucky to get a donor in a couple of weeks. Good luck, i hope you find one soon xx

Wow I had a very long week. I had a long talk with my aunt and her wife, they really do want me to help them realize their dream. I've been talking with their doctor and she said that it would be ok for me to donate. I've been thinking about what it will be to have this baby around and I have to say that I don't have any feelings about him/her.I just want to help my aunt she deserves this. So please since all of you had good/bad experiences with donors , do you have any suggestions for me about how to be a good donor? thank you very much.

Me and my husband are inseminating with his sperm. I did get pregnant before when we were using this method but he was also able to cum inside me once on my ovulation day so I don't know which method worked.

I have a question though, my syringe is 4" long do I need to put it in further when putting the sperm in? I normally just put it in all the way then do it but I thought that since an 'average' penis is 6" I don't know if the sperm is getting where it needs to be.

Wow I had a very long week. I had a long talk with my aunt and her wife, they really do want me to help them realize their dream. I've been talking with their doctor and she said that it would be ok for me to donate. I've been thinking about what it will be to have this baby around and I have to say that I don't have any feelings about him/her.I just want to help my aunt she deserves this. So please since all of you had good/bad experiences with donors , do you have any suggestions for me about how to be a good donor? thank you very much.

Hi Hun, I didn't want to read and run and the only advice I can give is are you sure you want to jeopardise your relationship with your mum and are you sure as can be in your mind that once the baby is born that you won't have feelings for him/her. I know you will go ahead with the donation as you seem certain but I really would think about the implications of what will happen if you go behind your mum's back and she finds out, she will be so hurt, or if you do get paternal feelings towards the child, when seeing a child for the first time I should imagine maternal/paternal hormones kick in, you must be prepared for this, so must your aunty and her partner. I did read somewhere that contracts between donor and recipient aren't worth the paper they're written on so I personally haven't got one with my donor.

Also you will need to be tested at a gu clinic for sti's. You may think you're okay but a lot of sti's are unnoticeable.

Good luck xx

Me and my husband are inseminating with his sperm. I did get pregnant before when we were using this method but he was also able to cum inside me once on my ovulation day so I don't know which method worked.

I have a question though, my syringe is 4" long do I need to put it in further when putting the sperm in? I normally just put it in all the way then do it but I thought that since an 'average' penis is 6" I don't know if the sperm is getting where it needs to be.

I did read in one of the many library books I've got that as long as you insert the syringe as far as possible/comfortable into your vagina you should be okay. I used a 5ml syringe and I've got my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->