Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hello ladies!

im new to bnb but have been stalking for a few days. so i figured it was time for me to post.

me and my wife are planning to IVI or ICI. can any of you tell me which has a better rate of sucess? we tried IVI last year but our donor had LSP. all 3 times produced BFN.

i've been charting for the past year and getting my body ready. we are finally ready to try again. what i need advice on is which at home process is better? what is the best consistency is best for his swimmers? and what at home kit did any o you use. also is it better to do BD before insert?

i would appreciate all the help i can get.

goodluck to you all:flower:

When a donor has Lsp that makes it harder for your because there sperm count is low, but if you want to continue with the donor you may need to inseminate more then once. maybe day before o day of O hoping that at least one of the strong ones make it. I did a @ home insemination but i didnt use a kit. i just used a softcup. a bit of preseed near my cervix for extra cm applied with my hands and then i just inserted the softcup but there are other methods the woman on here use but the softcup was better for me because i needed to be able to get up and move around and know that the sperm would still be position around my cervix and not running back down,but thats what was best for me I also took 3 donation and keep the cup in me a total of 12 hours each and yes i gave my self stimulation so that my cervix would drop into the cup and aid some of the sperm.

That helps me so much! The donor backed out after the last donation. So we have a new younger donor now. I've heard good things about the softcup. Im looking up places I could get them now.

The :witch: flew in :growlmad:

Quick question for you ladies who have used soft cup and preseed; this cycle (or next depending on whether I get to try this cycle) I'm hoping to have 2 donations again but the first one I'd like to simply put in the soft cup and try to insert. For the ladies who have done it this way, have you inserted the coft cup sitting down? What's the best way to avoid spillage. Also, I think I've read in this thread that people have put the preseed in the softcup or around the edges. Any advice grateful :thumbup:

I used to insert the Pre-Seed vaginally first, whilst he did his bit in another room. Then, I'd apply some more to the inside of the cup. Before, I always put the cup in sitting on the toilet, but some of it always dripped out, so I plan to try it lying down this time to see if that helps :thumbup: xx

c.30 - AF got me too...guess we're on the same cycle. lol. I was wondering the same thing about the softcups, i wanted to use them last cycle but was afraid to put it in lying down and didn't want to risk losing any precious cargo. lol. Maybe i will give it another go this cycle and see what happens. I think i might try to place it before i need to just for practice.

k

The :witch: flew in :growlmad:

Quick question for you ladies who have used soft cup and preseed; this cycle (or next depending on whether I get to try this cycle) I'm hoping to have 2 donations again but the first one I'd like to simply put in the soft cup and try to insert. For the ladies who have done it this way, have you inserted the coft cup sitting down? What's the best way to avoid spillage. Also, I think I've read in this thread that people have put the preseed in the softcup or around the edges. Any advice grateful :thumbup:

I lined the cup with preseed (just a bit), then put the sperm in the cup. If you have too much volume of liquids in the cup it will spill. If I kept it below 4ml I didn't spill. My preferred method was to stand with one leg on the edge of the tub and insert it like that, being careful to keep the cup horizontal. The only time I spilled was when I had too much liquids (5 ml) in the cup. If you spill a little it isn't the end of the world, just keep on with what you are doing and hope for the best.

I'm currently using a soft cup for AF and really struggling with leakage...my flow isn't even particularly heavy but having had it in an hour or so its all over the tp. I wanted to use it for insemination but am worried now!

TMI alert...when I insert it it seems to go in the right place...as far back as possible, and I make sure the front rim is pushed behind the boney bit...but it still leaks :(

Hi Day Dreamer, did you buy the right size? I know they come in 2 sizes and when I ordered mine they only had the pink ones which are the smaller size. I'm hoping they're going to be okay as I'd hate to see the size of the bigger ones :D I'm going to try mine tonight when I get home, they look so fiddly to me though!

Thanks TTC and Nimyra, that really helps :thumbup:

Sorry the witch got you mamma, but yay that we're on the same cycle :flower: there seems to be a few of us this month.

Didn't realise they come in 2 sizes sparklie, mine are blue and yes, they are rather big lol. :blush: ;)

There was only 1 size available (pink) when I got mine. It feels fine, just leaks!

Yep just realised mine were in a blueish wrapper but are actually pink! :dohh:

Is this the first time you've used them for AF day_dreamer? I wouldn't worry about using them for insem, as Nimyra said, as long as the amount is around 4ml, it should be fine. :flower:

I didn't use preseed, (my donor said it diluted the sample rather than helped it along) and I didn't use the softcups until 30 minutes after I'd inseminated (I'd use a syringe, bum on pillows for 30 mins and then insert the softcup laying down and leave it in overnight) BUT if I was inserting the sample once it was in the softcup, I think I'd insert it while I was laying down, that way the softcup stays as horizontal as possible before you hook it behind the pubic bone. I always found I spilled it when I was trying to get it out!

I didn't even know you get could two different size softcups! I've always used the pink ones and they look big enough as it is :shock: I might use Nimyra's method actually and insert it with one leg up on the bath. That's how I check my CM... xx

Aww, sorry the with flew in on you Mamma and Cheryl. :hugs: Good luck and baby dust for this cycle!

Oh, I didn't know softcups came in more than one size. Learn something new everyday.. :thumbup:

hey guys
is it safe to exercise while TTC??

i had been going to bootcamp to help me loose weight but have read online that it can stop you concieving but my dr and my trainer have said its safe to do
i really want to go back (3 times a week i'd be going) as i feel that im gaining the weight again

HELP

I've been doing lots of reading about exercise and as far as I can see its totally fine. So long as you don't overdo it (hours and hours every day) then its great. And completely safe to continue through pregnancy too, again so long as you don't over do the strenuous stuff.

I agree with day_dreamer. I exercise 4x a week for 1 hour... So if you really want to, go for it. Happy exercising, Ticking! :)

Random question and I'm sure it's probably been brought up on this thread before but, does anyone have a back up donor, just in case their "main" donor can't make it, or pulls out at the last minute? It's not something I've ever done before, but because my donor is only living in the UK for a few months before going back to the US, I'd like to have someone on stand-by, because who knows if I'll have conceived by then? :wacko: xx

no i dont

well i talk to another donor but no plans on using his services at the moment xx

My current (but as yet unused) donor is starting to hack me off a bit. I can't describe exactly why, but one thing is he won't give a straight answer to a question.

I'm considering trying to find a different donor, but with less than 2 weeks till ovulations I feel like I'm leaving it a bit last minute!

I may look into a more local donor, as that would be easier, but I wanted to know what some more experienced ladies have to say - have any of you found a new donor that you are happy with within, say, a week?!?

I'm just getting myself a bit confused and worked up here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->