Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Helloooooooooooooo ladies! I have been a B&B member for a while..I am not sure if I have posted on this forum but hey HERE I AM AGAIN!...me and my beautiful wife are TTC for our first precious little one. We tried an at home insemination several months back but that was a BFN! bleh LOL we took a break over the summer because because of how crazy our schedules were as well as out donors. We are back and so ready to resume our TTC Journey...at the moment I am waiting on the witch to get here ugh I am 4 days late!! We have a wonderful known donor who we found through a yahoo group several months ago.

BABY DUST to all who are TTC'ing and congrats to all the BFP's!

I have a quick question to those who get their donation shipped...I would love to learn more about that and where do you order it from...we would love to increase our chances...we love our donor but sometimes things come up for him and we loose valuable cycles because he is not available.

Hey Huns!! Welcome back to us. I was wondering how you were doing. Totally understand when things get busy. TTC is something you have to focus on heavily in "our" cases so job well done, and GL! I hope AF arrives ASAP for you! As for any help... you two already know I said I would be there with you with any answers/help I can. Still stands! So are you going to temp/chart, usse OPKs, etc??? As for the shipping, we registered on https://www.free-sperm-donations.com/ (most success) and https://www.freespermdonorregistry.com/ and have the donors ship through https://www.babiesbymail.com/ Check out this link as well cause we went into detail here, and let me know if you need my help with anything else https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/454201-lesbian-couples-ttc-13.html I am sooo excited for you two!

Wow I had a very long week. I had a long talk with my aunt and her wife, they really do want me to help them realize their dream. I've been talking with their doctor and she said that it would be ok for me to donate. I've been thinking about what it will be to have this baby around and I have to say that I don't have any feelings about him/her.I just want to help my aunt she deserves this. So please since all of you had good/bad experiences with donors , do you have any suggestions for me about how to be a good donor? thank you very much.

I think that this is a commendable act, however, I would agree that you think things through thoroughly. Many issues we have had with donors has been changing their minds at the most inopertune time! As well, it seems that your concern on your mom's feelings is a big deal, TTC takes time and then there is the 9 mos, it could be detrimental to have certain negative situations at that time. As for the contracts, as long as they are legally drawn up, they can be worth it. I say if all this goes smoothly, then GL!

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Chart is coming together just as I hoped even after being sick, OV looks to be around the corner and "donations" are just about complete. Sure hope the SMEP is working well. OPK looked almost dark as the control this morning as it did yesterday morning and last night, hoping tomorrow with a temp shift, it will indicate OV! I am sure OV is very near by no more than a day!! SMEP continues, another donation Wed and Fri! Then.... I wait.... I "plan" NOT to SS this cycle, decreased it last cycle so maybe I will decrease it more this cycle if I SS at all. GL FXD! :dust:

Hey I sent you a message!! :hugs:

Helloooooooooooooo ladies! I have been a B&B member for a while..I am not sure if I have posted on this forum but hey HERE I AM AGAIN!...me and my beautiful wife are TTC for our first precious little one. We tried an at home insemination several months back but that was a BFN! bleh LOL we took a break over the summer because because of how crazy our schedules were as well as out donors. We are back and so ready to resume our TTC Journey...at the moment I am waiting on the witch to get here ugh I am 4 days late!! We have a wonderful known donor who we found through a yahoo group several months ago.

BABY DUST to all who are TTC'ing and congrats to all the BFP's!

I have a quick question to those who get their donation shipped...I would love to learn more about that and where do you order it from...we would love to increase our chances...we love our donor but sometimes things come up for him and we loose valuable cycles because he is not available.

Hey Huns!! Welcome back to us. I was wondering how you were doing. Totally understand when things get busy. TTC is something you have to focus on heavily in "our" cases so job well done, and GL! I hope AF arrives ASAP for you! As for any help... you two already know I said I would be there with you with any answers/help I can. Still stands! So are you going to temp/chart, usse OPKs, etc??? As for the shipping, we registered on https://www.free-sperm-donations.com/ (most success) and https://www.freespermdonorregistry.com/ and have the donors ship through https://www.babiesbymail.com/ Check out this link as well cause we went into detail here, and let me know if you need my help with anything else https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/454201-lesbian-couples-ttc-13.html I am sooo excited for you two!

Wow I had a very long week. I had a long talk with my aunt and her wife, they really do want me to help them realize their dream. I've been talking with their doctor and she said that it would be ok for me to donate. I've been thinking about what it will be to have this baby around and I have to say that I don't have any feelings about him/her.I just want to help my aunt she deserves this. So please since all of you had good/bad experiences with donors , do you have any suggestions for me about how to be a good donor? thank you very much.

I think that this is a commendable act, however, I would agree that you think things through thoroughly. Many issues we have had with donors has been changing their minds at the most inopertune time! As well, it seems that your concern on your mom's feelings is a big deal, TTC takes time and then there is the 9 mos, it could be detrimental to have certain negative situations at that time. As for the contracts, as long as they are legally drawn up, they can be worth it. I say if all this goes smoothly, then GL!

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Chart is coming together just as I hoped even after being sick, OV looks to be around the corner and "donations" are just about complete. Sure hope the SMEP is working well. OPK looked almost dark as the control this morning as it did yesterday morning and last night, hoping tomorrow with a temp shift, it will indicate OV! I am sure OV is very near by no more than a day!! SMEP continues, another donation Wed and Fri! Then.... I wait.... I "plan" NOT to SS this cycle, decreased it last cycle so maybe I will decrease it more this cycle if I SS at all. GL FXD! :dust:

PINKOR, yay, you are sooo close to insem date.... I think I have another set up for that day as well so we will be together again. TWW together again as well. :dust:

:happydance: FX for both of us!

2Mommies~ :wave: Good luck to you and hope you get your bfp very soon!!!

Hi to everyone else and lots of :dust:

Well, due to the laws where I live the doctors don't think it's legal for them to inseminate me with a known donor who will keep their parental rights. I guess we are back to home insemination. Uterus is cleared of polyp now so we are ready to go! Baby dust to all this month!!

Hey :wave:

Have been stalking this thread for a few weeks now (after spending 3 days straight reading from start to fininsh - phew!) and, whilst I don't feel seasoned enough to contribute, felt I had to pop by and thank you all for being such fabulous people :laugh2:

The atmosphere (can you have an atmosphere online? dunno, but you get my gist) is amazingly positive and inspiring. I work in a predominatly female area and it's so refreshing to see ladies being supportive and encouraging of each other (backstabing and bitching is generally the order of the day in my world) regardless of the pain of their own journey.

Ruby Rainbows journey has been particularly poignant (perhapse because I read in one sitting), she epitomises everything great about this thread and I sincerely hope that wherever she is she has/gets the baby she so richly deserves.

Of course, the rest of you guys are just as fabulous and it's so obvious you all are/will make amazing mummies. Fingers crossed for everyone :flower:

Thats a weird law!!

Good luck this month everyone!! Cant believe how far along I am! This time last year I was just about to inseminate and get pregnant with my 6th loss who I lost in November, never thought Id be sitting here almost 6 months pregnant a year later! It still doesnt seem real even tho I can feel him moving!

I know! Laws are stupid sometimes and not up to the times.

Lunabean - Congrats on your Baby! What a blessing!

FROLICKY, that does seem weird, but I guess they are trying to protect the chance of having to come back to court at some point if the donor wants to fight to see the child or something, weird, just trying to justify.... I wish you lucky at home however... :dust:

LUNA, I am a journal stalker so I am definitely up on your progress, hopeful and impressed with that little bean! :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temp rise!!! Oh I hope upon hopes that it continues to rise. We have already gotten the donations, and OV may be later than it looks so we are going forward with them as scheduled. OPK looked almost dark as the control but it has been like that the last couple of nites so I don't know if I OVd...a temp shift will indicate?!! SMEP continues...last donation Fri! Then.... I wait.... GL FXD! :dust:

Hi everyone, welcome Keebs! I'm so happy that this thread is still active after over 2 years and growing with women who have successfully walked this path.

As for me, things are going well, I'm keeping busy with work which keeps me from obsessing too much about my cycle.

Things are moving along with my new local donor - we're working on notarizing our contract, and hoping for a first insemination this weekend.

I am feeling some regret about not using the same donor I did for my daughter - mostly because he's a known entity, and I know my daughter is beautiful and smart and wonderful. And he was a really nice guy. I like our new donor but not as much as the last donor. I guess it would be fair to say that I have some reservations, but am moving forward anyway because I don't think I'm patient enough to try shipping. Anyone else felt mixed feelings and gone forward anyway?

I also have a foster parent information session coming up next week that I'm excited about.

Ohh cool! We were in the middle of the fostering process,home visits passed,training etc, and ex-oh decided one day she didnt wana do it anymore! Im def gona apply once Noah turns 1!

Also...Can I just SCREAM cuz Ive won a competition to MEET Katy Perry before the concert on Monday! :happydance: :happydance: I love her!

Nimyra - Yeah, I once went ahead with a donor I wasn't 100% about, and to be honest I was glad when it didn't work out that cycle. I love the donor that I'm with now, but it's taken me over a year to find him! It's sods law that he's leaving to go back to the US soon so I've started the search for yet another one :wacko: I think I might've struck gold though with a guy I found on FSDR, we're going to chat on the phone tomorrow... fingers crossed! xx

Eeeeek talking on the phone!! That would scare me silly. I wouldn't have a clue what to say and would make a terrible impression lol. Mind you, I'll probably have to do it someday soon if we ever find someone.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

I know, I'm dead nervous :haha: I hate talking on the phone to somebody I don't know! xx

Hi Everyone :wave:

I have been trying to catch up with this thread LOL reason why I have been kinda quiet...I am still waiting on the :witch: ugh can't she just get here so we can get this party:loopy: started sheeeesshhh!! according to my period tracker app on my ipad I am 6 days late and this is simply just torture!!!

Well ladies just wanted to check in! baby :dust:to everyone & I am keeping my fingers crossed for all those who are their 2ww! :hugs:

Sorry you got a bfn, Ticking, still hopeful for you!

TTC~ Happy chatting with your donor, I hope he's the one for you! :flower:

Nimyra~ Good luck and baby dust if you decide to go ahead with the donor you're considering or a new one.

2Mommies~ I hope AF hurries along for you so you can get started.

Luna~ Katy Perry is awesome!! Congrats on winning a chance to meet her!!! :D

:wave: Welcome aboard, Keebs!! :) How's everyone else doing?

I wanna meet Katy!!! Congrats!

2MOMMIES, jeez, I wish she would hurry, I am waiting on her for you too!!!

Sorry you got that bfn TICKING, maybe it is just too early. FXD! :dust:

NIMRYA and TTC good luck with donors! :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temp didn't rise but it didn't drop either. I am not sure what my coverline will be but I am almost certain that I OVd on CD18... What do you all think?
I hope that it continues to rise. We have last dontation tomorrow so if it was CD19 or CD20, we are covered, I expect FF to give me some type of crosshairs tomorrow! FXD! I am trying not to be too excited as being sick last week really has me quite worried about OV... :wacko: Tomorrow, officially starts my TWW, but I am testing on 30th... Time will tell.... I wait.... GL FXD! :dust:

Hello everyone! I'm new here, just signed up today. I also did home insem this morning and got a positive OPK this afternoon. I used a syringe and now I'm hoping I inserted it far enough. I inserted it until it was at the 10ml mark so there was about 1/2 inch of the plunger out then I slowing squeezed the plunger and just lied there for 1 1/2 reading this thread on my laptop and now I've signed up. I'm tired from having my legs up that long, hahaha.

For those who used a 10ml syringe, did you insert it all the way down? Do you think I inserted it deep enough?

Sending hugs (((Ticking Clock)))

Good luck TCC, I hope this donor is fab.

2Mommies fingers crossed af gets it's ass here soon.

I can't believe I only inseminated on Monday, it's dragging by and all my friends are asking me if I've got any symptoms yet, I mean it's only been a few days lol and as I've not been pregnant before I wouldn't know the symptoms anyway!

Lots of baby dust for everyone
:dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"