Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hello everyone! I'm new here, just signed up today. I also did home insem this morning and got a positive OPK this afternoon. I used a syringe and now I'm hoping I inserted it far enough. I inserted it until it was at the 10ml mark so there was about 1/2 inch of the plunger out then I slowing squeezed the plunger and just lied there for 1 1/2 reading this thread on my laptop and now I've signed up. I'm tired from having my legs up that long, hahaha.

For those who used a 10ml syringe, did you insert it all the way down? Do you think I inserted it deep enough?

Welcome Pasha,

It's hard to say. It's best if you can deposit the sperm right on your cervix. Many women use a small tube attached to the end of the syringe to have more control over where the sperm lands. If you have a partner who can help you with a flashlight and a speculum that's an option. That said, inserting and hoping for the best also works. Have you thought about using the Softcup (instead cup) method where you put the sperm right into the cup and then insert that and make sure its up around your cervix? Some women have had good success with that method and that way you don't have lie around with your legs up.

Best of luck this month. It sounds like your timing was perfect!

Morning ladies, welcome Pasha, fingers crossed that this is your month.

I've got a question for you ladies, I insemed on Monday and yesterday I started with a really dry itchy vagina but no dishcharge or smell. I've googled the symptoms but basically it says I could have an sti, yeast infection, starting the menopause (too young) or it could be an early sign of pregnancy.

Have any of you suffered with this? It's driving me mad!

Thanks
x

:wave: PASHA and SPARKLIE!!

PASHA, GL, FXD! and :dust: Now rest those legs Hun! :haha:
SPARKLIE, GL FXD! :dust: I haven't experienced that particular symptom before, but given the timing, I hope that it is a PG symptom for you!

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temp didn't rise much, but it didn't drop either. My temps have been rather low this cycle, likely due to the temperature change outside. It switched drastically quickly. Crosshairs today!!! 3DPO! I just hope that it continues to rise or at least stay up here. All donations complete this cycle FXD!! Still trying not to be too excited as being sick last week really has me quite worried about OV... :wacko: TWW officially starts my today! (Testing 30th) Now.... I wait.... FXD! :dust: Any good plans out there for the weekend? I plan to get the rest of my fall cleaning done, DW and LO will be out of the house for 2 days! Hoping to get some rest time as well…:shhh:

No news to report on my end still no AF its really pissing me off! Could it be possible for me to have my period every other month? And could caffeine keep AF away...granted i have cut down on how much coffee i drink but just trying to figure out what is going on...I've registered on FSDR...and I have to say I've came across from.real crazy donors...and I've only been on for 3 days eeekk one flat out told me he always wanted to get a latina pregnant 0_o and the same guy ask me if he could get me and my partner pregnant at the same time creepyyyy needless to say he has been blocked from contacting me LOL but I did come across 2 POSSIBLE candidates who live pretty close to me so We shall see what happens...We are ready to get this rolling...any ideas/tips for hurrying AF??

Melly, Maybe someone could ship some to you?

Sparklie, I had a yeast infection the month I conceived my daughter. I still got pregnant, and its safe to use Monistat when pregnant.

As for me... ovwatch says I'm starting my fertile period. I'm waiting to hear from my donor about what days he is available this weekend/early next week. I hope I hear back soon and that all goes well! Good egg catching wishes appreciated!

Hey Ladies just wanted to post a little update. We went in for an 11 week scan an saw a very healthy little one. It had a heartbeat of 169 bpm and measured right on for size. We are super happy after a couple of scary moments in the last couple of weeks. I attached one of the better pics from the scan.

Baby Dust and Best Wishes to all of you :dust:

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 13
TwinsFanMTB your scan is beautiful, sending you wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy :kiss:

Nimyra thank you so much, I'm going to buy some later on today, I'm using natural yoghurt at the moment but the relief doesn't last very long.

2mommiesTTC I didn't know you could hurry up af, good luck if you find a way to :hugs:

Melly have you tried using an international supplier? Good luck in your search

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! MrsMM, I was so tired for a few hours well after I got up. Lol. I’m wishing you and yours a bfp and same to Sparklie. Ticking did you test again today? I hope you get your bfp. Active Bnb, some ladies get a yeast infection when they’re pregnant. It’s an early symptom for some. Nimyra, I’m so scared to do that speculum assisted insem even though I did three IUIs in the past. Lol! TwinsFam congrats to you both. Wishing everyone a bfp!

well now 14dpo and temp went up again today, still got all symptoms yet test was negative this morning

hope is fading fast :-(

Twins~ Your little one has quite a heartbeat there!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Welcome, Pasha, hope you get your bfp soon!

2Mommies~ Sorry you had to deal with creepy donors. Good luck with the ones who live close by! :)

Ticking~ That stinks about the bfn :(

AFM~ Got my donations a day later than expected but I feel good about them and have 2 left to go on Sunday and Monday. :dust:

Good luck with your donations pinkorblue! When will you ovulate? xx

Need some reassurance, everyone. I'm expecting to ovulate Tuesday or Wednesday. So today I am O-3 or O-4. We just did our first insemination using a softcup.

Do you think doing 3 inseminations on consecutive days (O-3, O-2, O-1) is a reasonable plan? The only time the donor is available on O-1 is late in the evening so I didn't want to chance missing things. If I end up ovulating on Wednesday then I'd have inseminated O-4, O-3, and O-2. Do you think this is still okay?

Also, I'm worried the softcup method won't work. Its a big cup and there is just a small sample, what if it doesn't even make contact with the cervix? I tried to mush it about a bit, but my cervix is pretty high right now, so I'm not sure how successful I was.

Thanks!

Whats ur donors sperm count like? Some prefer to do inseminations 36 to 48 hrs apart instead of 24 so u get optimal sperm count.

Is it possible to arrange it somewhat like that?

id say it would be fine.
as for the soft cup dont worry it will mold its self to your cervix, best position with softcups is sitting cos it dips your cervix right into it.

Hello everyone! I'm new here, just signed up today. I also did home insem this morning and got a positive OPK this afternoon. I used a syringe and now I'm hoping I inserted it far enough. I inserted it until it was at the 10ml mark so there was about 1/2 inch of the plunger out then I slowing squeezed the plunger and just lied there for 1 1/2 reading this thread on my laptop and now I've signed up. I'm tired from having my legs up that long, hahaha.

For those who used a 10ml syringe, did you insert it all the way down? Do you think I inserted it deep enough?

Pasha~ haha. I asked this exact same question a while back. I also use a 10ml syringe and insert it exactly the same way, all the way in with just the plunger out and slowly squeeze. (TMI ~ I once did it with the plunger inside me and when i pushed the plunger it scraped the inside of me and caused me to be swollen and sore for days, so i just do it with the plunger out now!:dohh:)

I think you are totally fine, it's supposed to be the average length of a penis anyways...so i think we are ok!

Good Luck

ticking clock..fxd it's a bfp for you!!! baby dust!!

afm..today is 13dpo and no AF..no spotting either which is unusual but i took a hpt the past two days and BFN..i assume the clomid has once again messed up my cycle and i'll be super late...31 day cycle last month so that would be me starting tomorrow...but i usually spot a few days before...not sure what's going on but i'm sure my stress level is affecting af's arrival as i do not feel prego...will keep yall updated and forgive me for not being around this past week, my foster baby was in hosp mon-thurs evening for bronchiolitis and it was a nightmare week!
baby dust to all trying/waiting/tww/etc
:) :) hugs too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"