Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

2MOMMIES, hey Hun.... realx, it is ok, we ALL have gone completely crazy at some point while TTC.... it is expected! Now, a faint line on anything other than an HPT is 100%....

It is basically letting you know that you are gearing up. Try to relax and know that your body is headed in the right direction. It is early, and your weekend donations seem to be right on track. Have you been temping? That is the real way to see when that egg has dropped hun. For now, just keep using you OPKs between 12-8pm and wait till it is darker.... You are fully in this egg chase!

Hi Ladies, NIMRYA, I hope that we are hearing some good news from you soon. FXD!:dust:

RUBY, aaahhh... that explains it, it is likley a little jealousy, no matter what is said, exes are a hard thing even if you remain friends.

GL FXD! to the rest of the ladies in the OV or TWW....

:hugs: to those that are at the begining again...

AFM...Not much on this end, CD3, just hoping she eases out soon!!! I start making some preparations for donations and such. I have all my vitamins and items ready to go when the OV time comes. A Christmas BFP and a baby born near DWs birthday.... GL FXD!:dust:

What do you think of my temps??

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3425af

2MOMMIES...The CM that has M, L, M, etc, is that your AF?

If so, then this looks very normal. As you can see by my chart, temps cary during AF and just following it. I think you will definitely need a few more temps before it will indicate OV. You are checing the temp at that same time daily? You adjust it if you happen to wake a little earlier or later right? Stalk a few charts, you will see, it isn't abnormal....

Hey

Yes the M, L, M, etc was AF..the flow was around a lot longer than normal which i believe it was because my last cycle was sooooo long!

I have been temping every day at 7:15am but this change of time has messed me up. I keep waking up at 6:28 every morning to check my time and then go back to bed and sleep until my alarm goes off..

2MOMMIES...The CM that has M, L, M, etc, is that your AF?

If so, then this looks very normal. As you can see by my chart, temps cary during AF and just following it. I think you will definitely need a few more temps before it will indicate OV. You are checing the temp at that same time daily? You adjust it if you happen to wake a little earlier or later right? Stalk a few charts, you will see, it isn't abnormal....

Do you ladies have any pointers for getting it in the cup?

Maybe we're the only one who struggles with this. My boyfriend can get it in, but so much less comes out, from pointing his penis downwards. (Read my journal if you don't understand why!)

So in order to get more, he has to kind of shoot straight up. And this makes it hard to catch. Any tips? It mostly lands in his pubic hair haha and is hard to collect with the syringe.

Also, as for volume amount. I've read that 1ml is still enough. But what if you can't really squeeze the full 1ml out?

I'm thinking of mixing pre-seed in the syringe with the semen this go around. Do you think this will help?

Sure 2mommies, I'll do it tomorrow when I get access to a computer am on my phone atm!

Mindgames, I've never actually had to worry about getting it in the cup (I left my donor to it!). Have you thought about trying with him laying down? Then it will sort of shoot up towards his head and you can place the cup over the end at an angle to try and catch it?

I think any amount is preferable over none and I've never been a fan of preseed (I know some people here swear by it).

ruby - - i no i couldnt understand it either bt considering the way her DD is perhaps it is best that she doesnt have any more, as although i am a strong believer in every1 havin their own parenting style she has managed to turn a v beautiful + intelligent little girl into a spoilt brat who is manipulative way beyond her years and who i am sure wil give her parents hell 4 years as soon as her hormones kick in. + now u have explained that the comment was ur ex it explains a lot + i agree with mrsmm that there is some bad feeling on her part.

2mommies -- stressing out over TTC is all a part of this glorious process + we all have our moments. i have been TTC for 3 yrs + stil have times were i worry over OPKS and timing bt it wil get easier

xx

He does do it in somewhat of a laying down position. I think our only bet is to saran wrap his belly haha. Oh the joys of trying to conceive this way!

He does do it in somewhat of a laying down position. I think our only bet is to saran wrap his belly haha. Oh the joys of trying to conceive this way!

:haha:

Don't worry... crazy things go on in all of our bedrooms... lol... do what ya gotta do! :wacko:

:haha: yeah I'm sure we would all do anything for a chance to get BFP !!

whatever makes that lil bean !!! :thumbup:

UPDATE

First Sonogram is scheduled for Nov 10
I am 3 months and 1 week

and i just uploaded 2 photos
Will update with sonogram

& as they say the quickening has begun. i can feel my baby moving.:wohoo:

Attachments

• 2011-11-04_13.59.28-1.jpg
    2011-11-04_13.59.28-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2011-10-31_16.21.06-1.jpg
    2011-10-31_16.21.06-1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 14
Love your bump! Congrats!! Thanks for sharing! The u/s will be so exciting!

JAZZ, agree... love the cute bump! Awesome that you are feeling the little one moving. Happy 12 weeks!!! Can't wait for the lovely sono tomorrow!

2MOMMIES, that's good you're still managing to temp near usual time. Keep using that temp but use the adjuster so that you can have a clear chart with the usual time. It is self explanatory.... https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php this will help with temps....

MINDGAMES, I wish I could help, but I don't have a clue as to what to do with a DH.... GL :dust:

AFM...Not much on this end, CD4, By the evening yesterday spotting was all that I was doing and this morning, it is an even lighter spot so, she is on her way out! Already sent out requests for donations to be sent and so now, I just temp, chart, and wait.... GL FXD!:dust:

hey ladies i'm sorry i havent updated but it's been crazy around here trying to get ready for our baby girl's adoption and keep up with holiday plans...anyhoo i was supposed to insem last week but i ended up getting my surge on sat and donor cant ship on sat..he was going to ship monday for tuesday so since i was early i had to cancel :( the clomid was making me ovulate late and since i got off it i was really only like a day early but still messed up my plans. So no insem this month and i was so sad :cry: BUT the good news is that a friend of mine mentioned a friend of hers lives in same town as me and that he might be interested in being a donor...i messaged him and he messaged me back earlier and said he's interested but has some questions and will message me back later today when he has time...he's good looking and not in a relationship so i'm hoping he will be our donor! we've been hoping for a local one as this shipping is taking forever. will keep u all updated...think of yall often and have my fingers crossed for everyone! baby dust!! :)

Oh FAITH, good luck with the new donor.... sorry this month is out... FXD! :dust:

Mindgames: Not sure if this would work for you guys or not but there are semen collection condoms. I don't know if having a condom on would inhibit his ejaculation in any way (maybe not since it is achieved in a way other than the usual friction method). Here are links to websites that carry them:

https://www.babyhopes.com/semen-collection-kit.html?gclid=COe46N2iqqwCFQGFQAodkFnr-w

https://www.fertilityformen.com/products_analysis.php?gclid=CJW9j5ilqqwCFQaFQAodhiAG_g#condoms

Maybe a regular, non lubricated, non spermicide condom would work too...just a thought.
Best of luck to you!

well my donations start tomorrow and my donor is just wonderful, he has agreed to do 3 donations this month, as i am due to ovulate over the weekend (i ovulate between CD14 and CD19) so we are doing donations CD14, CD16 and CD18 :happydance::happydance:

I'm feeling hopeful about this month :thumbup:

Aww I love ur bump! Mines doesnt seem to be getting much bigger the past few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->