Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Erin, I LOVE your avatar pic! Eden looks like a beautiful Buddha baby!

Still playing the waiting game here... expecting AF tomorrow or the day after... still no sign of AF, but continuing to see BFNs.

Faith~ Sorry about this month :hugs: but very exciting for the new donor! My fingers are crossed tightly that December will be your month to see that bfp!! :flower:

Congrats!
UPDATE

First Sonogram is scheduled for Nov 10
I am 3 months and 1 week

and i just uploaded 2 photos
Will update with sonogram

& as they say the quickening has begun. i can feel my baby moving.:wohoo:

Still playing the waiting game here... expecting AF tomorrow or the day after... still no sign of AF, but continuing to see BFNs.

I agree!! Great pic!!!!

Emily... when did you get your BFP last time?

hey ladies i'm sorry i havent updated but it's been crazy around here trying to get ready for our baby girl's adoption and keep up with holiday plans...anyhoo i was supposed to insem last week but i ended up getting my surge on sat and donor cant ship on sat..he was going to ship monday for tuesday so since i was early i had to cancel :( the clomid was making me ovulate late and since i got off it i was really only like a day early but still messed up my plans. So no insem this month and i was so sad :cry: BUT the good news is that a friend of mine mentioned a friend of hers lives in same town as me and that he might be interested in being a donor...i messaged him and he messaged me back earlier and said he's interested but has some questions and will message me back later today when he has time...he's good looking and not in a relationship so i'm hoping he will be our donor! we've been hoping for a local one as this shipping is taking forever. will keep u all updated...think of yall often and have my fingers crossed for everyone! baby dust!! :)

Hi faithbabies! :wave: Your daughters are beautiful! Congrats on the upcoming adoption!! :happydance:

Sounds very promising with your new potential donor... good luck!!

I agree!! Great pic!!!!

Emily... when did you get your BFP last time?

I am losing my mind! Okay, I haven't tested in two days so I'm not sure if I'm still a BFN, will try to hold off testing until tomorrow morning or Saturday morning. It will just kill me to see another BFN.

Last time I had a BFP at around 10 or 11 DPO so that's why i'm not feeling too optimistic. I do feel pregnant, but it could be all in my mind, or worse, could be something not viable if its *still* not detectable.

I did ovulate a bit late this month, which is why I think my period is late.

NIM, good luck! I hope it is a BFP feeling of preg you have been getting.... :dust:

AFM...Still not much on this end, CD5, still lightly spotting, just a liner so I know she is on her way out by tonight! Moving right along for an OV likely at the end of the month or as early as the holiday this month. Donations lining up, temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

OK ladies freaking out here,

been charting Vaginally this month and FF has said i ovulated on CD10?? :wacko:
i KNOW i didnt as i have had negitve OPK's and my CM then was sticky

last month it done the same thing and we did the donations early cos of it, but then it changed ovulation date from day 13 to day 19 so this month ive planned 3 donations on CD14, CD16 and CD18, did first donation today (day 14)

do i ignore it and hope it changes again??? my CM is changing and last 2 days has gone creamy

OMG this is driving me crazy :wacko:

i would stick to your plan. if you havent had ewcm i think its unlikely you have oved already.

can you post your chart

it's definatly starting to change, had some watery CM this morning and tingly nipples last night,

here is my chart

My Ovulation Chart

hey ladies..it's me again...ok soooo my "prospective new local donor" and his MOM are coming by tomorrow night to talk..i guess to ask a bunch of questions and meet us:) so i'm SUPER nervous and excited and wondered if yall can give me any advice on what to ask him? i do have a list of questions but i dont want to miss anything...here's info on him ...he is 38 single no kids homosexual and a great talker..we had good convo on the phone earlier:) so let me know what yall think i should know from him...thanks girls!! :flower:

Jazzntee...congrats girl!! so exciting for you both!! :)

Ruby..thank you so much! hope you get your bfp soon..glad you are back on here...been missing u! :hugs:

Nimyra...oh i have everything crossed for ya! sending baby dust your way and pray you get your bfp very soon! :)

mrsmm...ugh AF sucks!! hope this is your month for a bfp!! :) :)

ticking clock...i agree with topaz! good luck hun hang in there! :)

baby dust to everyone i missed!!

Faith,

That sounds great! The main questions are about stds and what kind of relationship you want to have. Since his mom is involved, she should also be willing to sign something saying she won't sue you for grandparents' rights.

good luck!

I think AF is on the way... expecting her tomorrow. cervix started to open and there are bits of reddish in my cervical mucus.

Had a big cry. long talk with hubby. thinking about taking a year long break if AF comes. I need to get through school and this may just not be our time.

:sniff:

I think AF is on the way... expecting her tomorrow. cervix started to open and there are bits of reddish in my cervical mucus.

Had a big cry. long talk with hubby. thinking about taking a year long break if AF comes. I need to get through school and this may just not be our time.

:sniff:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

faithbabies - I agree with Nimyra, health and contact with the child always come top of my list. I'm guessing he's a first time donor, but if not then ask him about previous donations too. Good luck!

AFM, weirdest chart ever! I'm either 9dpo, 7dpo or 3dpo! Hoping for 7dpo because that's when I had my only donation of this cycle... xx

Nimyra~ thanks! yes i def want std/drug testing and if he hasnt had it done i'll pay for it..also want to ask him about SA as i dont believe he's donated before...and i have a donor agreement form he and mom can sign..she's a cop and so i'm nervous about that but they are friends with a good friend of mine and she cant stop saying nice things about them..very decent family. His sister was infertile and i think that's part of his reason to donate..will find out more tonite :)

thanks TTC!! i am anxious about asking him what type of relationship he wants if any..he takes care of his neices and nephews alot and i know he loves kids so i'm wondering if he will want "uncle role" my hubby would def want to be the full father figure. will see.....

nimyra....hugs :hugs: maybe AF will stay away...regardless i wish u the best of luck in whatever decision u make....

Ok, having mom come along is different, so I agree, you should get them both to sign papers and definitely ask him about stds. GL

TICKING, I totally agree with the other ladies, no temp shift, CD10 would be considered on the cusp for early and you should continue with plan for your donations.... That CM is a good indicator. Sticky is not a good enviornment for sperm and they will not make it near the egg.... GL

AFM...Still not much on this end, CD6, begin checking CM today. OPKs on Sunday. Woke this morning and AF seems to have left.... Moving right along for an OV. Hoping to OV in about 2 weeks and got 1st confirmation of donation shipment for the 18th. I have been on my vitamins since cycle #1 after MC and till going. I have been keepin gup with my eating and exercising and things are coming together for my Christmas gift! Donations lining up, temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

evenin ladies

faith- what about how many people he has or envisages donating too as obviously if he plans on donating alot to a small area you may want 2 b forewarned with that! + also what his plans for a family is especially if he spends lots of time with nieces etc he may have a strong desire to have a family of his own. bt apart from that the usual stds, sa + contact.

nimyra - hope the :witch: stays away bt if she doesnt i hope you can work out what is best for you.

:dust: to all u other ladies

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"