Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hey ladies!! I'm new here so I just thought I would say hi. I'm currently on my second TWW using at home AI. Good luck to you all!!

TTC, FXD!:dust: You are moving right along...

TICKING, I am not sure why you are getting the crosshairs on CD11, they lines are dotted and that indicates that something is adding up to be solid lines. The CM and the neg OPK both say no OV. Give it a few more days, the temp drop today could be implantation... GL :dust:

Hi :wave: ASHLIEE, GL FXD :dust: to your journey!

PINK, I sure hope that I got it right, I REALLY want to be PG soon, 2012 baby, and be able to give DW a great b-day gift next year!!! How are things going for you so far, your chart looks good...

FAITH, I am glad that the hugs helped, something told me that they would be right on time for you...

AFM...Getting more anxious as I am looking at my chart form as it has in the past 2 cycles. Donations are right around the corner and I am ready! CD16, CD17, CD20, and CD21.... Then enjoy my holiday eating, and worry about the DPO afterwards!! I have CD23 on standby.... Watching my chart closely.... :paper: continuing temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:
Thank you!

:hi: WELCOME Ashliee and Amscam!!! glad yall joined us and best of luck and baby dust to you both!! :)

TTC....fingers crossed for you too!! :dust:

ticking..wish i could be more help..i only use OPK's...i'm wishing u lots of luck tho!! :) and baby dust!

Hi Ashliee & Amscam! :wave:

My dear sweet OH is mean & miserable today :grr: Hope that doesn't mean AF is coming!!!!! (Unfortunately, the moodiness usually arrives right before AF shows up!)

So im curious, how does at home insemination work, will i need someone to help me, or am I able to do it myself

Hi Ashliee, welcome once again. it's a good thing u join this group, the thread u posted were filled with closed-minded critics on your/our situation. Do u have a donor already, do u know the websites where u can find a sperm donors, or a u planning to use an acquaintance?

I think Home-insemination is DIY, we're using 2 methods here:

1) Syringe method - u just need a specimen cup, syringe (10ml), and softcup (optional to hold semen in). Ask the donor to deposit his sample on the cup, then u syringe it out, tap away the bubbles, then squirt it gently inside while you are lying down. Some women try to get orgasm to suck the sperm inside the cervix. You can put the softcup afterwards.

2) Softcup method - Donor deposits on the specimen cup then you pour it on the softcup and just wear it like you wear a tampon.

But like those who are TTC naturally, OPKs and temping will be your best friend but we just have to monitor it more closely because we have inform our donors in advance of our fertile window.

Hi Ruby, I think I'm in the same stage of my cycle as your OH, the end of the 2ww. I hope AF stays away for both of us. Fingers crossed so tightly..

Hi Ashliee, welcome once again. it's a good thing u join this group, the thread u posted were filled with closed-minded critics on your/our situation. Do u have a donor already, do u know the websites where u can find a sperm donors, or a u planning to use an acquaintance?

I think Home-insemination is DIY, we're using 2 methods here:

1) Syringe method - u just need a specimen cup, syringe (10ml), and softcup (optional to hold semen in). Ask the donor to deposit his sample on the cup, then u syringe it out, tap away the bubbles, then squirt it gently inside while you are lying down. Some women try to get orgasm to suck the sperm inside the cervix. You can put the softcup afterwards.

2) Softcup method - Donor deposits on the specimen cup then you pour it on the softcup and just wear it like you wear a tampon.

But like those who are TTC naturally, OPKs and temping will be your best friend but we just have to monitor it more closely because we have inform our donors in advance of our fertile window.

thank you so much, Ive been so confused! I have 4 or 5 different donors im trying to choose between, I have found a website full of donors, its https://www.freespermdonorregistry.com If you know of any others I would be glad to check them out!
I have one donor who is local, and the rest would have to ship, So im thinking the local one is the one I should choose!
Im interested in the softcup, it seems like an easy way to not screw up! lol
Im so nervous that I will screw up with the syringe, IDK why!
And I am clueless on temping and using OPKS all I know is i need to do them, How many OPK's do you use a month?? What would be a good amount for me to get, I was going to buy 100 OPKs and 100 pregnancy tests lol (I know I will be a pregnancy test addict so I want lots lol) how will I know what my temp will be when im ovulating? And is it normal to be a little bit nervous LOL

:happydance:Cute even in the womb!
Here my sonogram pic

My next sonogram is schedule on 11/30 and at that time i should be able to know the sex if the baby cooperates. The baby was moving around my belly like peterpan it was so funny

Ashliee - I think a 20 pack of OPK should be good for your first time. You usually start the day after your period ends and do one once a day around the same time of day if you can. I use the digital clear blue easy ones because you don't have to worry about whether you have a line or not. I don't know if they are better or worse than the two line type but for me personally I hate trying to figure out if there is a line or I am just seeing things...a smiley face is much easier.

I have been using frozen sperm but I don't have a donor on stand by so I kind of have no choice. The good thing about the frozen stuff is that they hold it for atleast 6 months to make sure their are no diseases or anything. So its probably good to know your donor pretty well if you are going the fresh route. The first time going through the process was weird but the second time was much easier. I don't know if i'm pregnant yet so I can't really give you any solid advice, just opinion, sorry.

LIAN, that chart is still looking good! :dust:

AMSCAM, good luck, there is another site as well, free-sperm-donations.com GL :dust:

AFM...Well, for some reason, I don't have the anxiousness today... I have donations beginning early Monday morning! CD16, CD17, CD20, and CD21 here we come!!! So far OV is holding off good, I am hoping that I OV on CD18/19 and don't need the standby delivery on CD23. I would be 1DPO on Thanksgiving day! Until then...watching my chart closely.... :paper: continuing temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

Any good plans for the weekend Lovely Ladies??

Nooooo ticking :haha: Harry Potter beats Twilight hands down.

I should be careful because I started off a debate on Liz's journal a few days ago about this :blush: xx

Hi !!! Welcome ashlee & amscam!!!

You will definately get lots and lots of support in here!!! Check out my journal we may be in the same or similar situation.... So glad u joined us!!

Hi ladies, I was linked to this thread! I am planning to do AI, with a sperm donor!, I am single but very excited to begin this wonderful process! Just hoping to make some friends in the same situation, and hopefully get support aswell :)

I would highly recommend to you the book "what to expect before youre expecting". Its has a ton of great info ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->