Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi ladies, I was linked to this thread! I am planning to do AI, with a sperm donor!, I am single but very excited to begin this wonderful process! Just hoping to make some friends in the same situation, and hopefully get support aswell :)

I would highly recommend to you the book "what to expect before youre expecting". Its has a ton of great info ;)

oh my goodness I had no idea they had other books! lol Ive got what to expect when your expecting! totally going to get the other one!

Hi ashliee, regarding the donor websites, i would say it depends on where are u located. UK girls here use sites such as Tadpole, but i don't think it works outside UK (not sure though).

About the OPKs, i also use the 'line-type', i know heaps of women who swore by the Smiley-type but they're just a bit too pricey for me. I would use around 10 strips per cycle together with the Saliva microscope (it's a small device size of a lipstick that looks at your estrogen levels and it's a 1 time investment of around $30, u can use it for years.) but of course u can use the cheap strips and then once u see the lines darkening, u can confirm with the smiley-type.

For charting, i suggest using Fertility Friend so u can post your chart and the girls here could analyse. :haha: the best thing about charting is u can really see what's happening with your body and check whether u are ovulating or not. How long are your cycles in general?

I also suggest going throughthe 'fresh'-route as it's cheaper and could be more effective. But u really have to be careful in choosing your donor. Make sure about updated STD checks and if u aren't comfortable with NI, tell him that as well.

Nooooo ticking :haha: Harry Potter beats Twilight hands down.

I should be careful because I started off a debate on Liz's journal a few days ago about this :blush: xx

:rofl: Those are my kind of debates! :p

TTC~ Sorry about the bfns, fx that af stays far away!

MM~ :hugs: I completely understand and again, the donations do look good. Your chart looks like it's coming right along. :) Yes! Enjoy your holiday food to the fullest! :D Things are going :) this tww feels pretty close to what I expected. Thank you, fingers crossed the temps keep climbing! :dust:

Lian~ My fingers are crossed for you!

:hi: Amscam Lots of baby :dust: your way

Ashliee~ Hope you find a great donor soon!

AFM~ I'm a Twilighter! :happydance: I'm still on my Breaking Dawn high. :haha:

Hi ashliee, regarding the donor websites, i would say it depends on where are u located. UK girls here use sites such as Tadpole, but i don't think it works outside UK (not sure though).

About the OPKs, i also use the 'line-type', i know heaps of women who swore by the Smiley-type but they're just a bit too pricey for me. I would use around 10 strips per cycle together with the Saliva microscope (it's a small device size of a lipstick that looks at your estrogen levels and it's a 1 time investment of around $30, u can use it for years.) but of course u can use the cheap strips and then once u see the lines darkening, u can confirm with the smiley-type.

For charting, i suggest using Fertility Friend so u can post your chart and the girls here could analyse. :haha: the best thing about charting is u can really see what's happening with your body and check whether u are ovulating or not. How long are your cycles in general?

I also suggest going throughthe 'fresh'-route as it's cheaper and could be more effective. But u really have to be careful in choosing your donor. Make sure about updated STD checks and if u aren't comfortable with NI, tell him that as well.
Thank you so much! you are so helpful! Lol all of this stuff is so confusing right now, but im sure ill get the hang of it!
Im not sure about my cycles, they are kind of crazy! and irregular, im considering a month f bc just to figure it out!
Also STD checks are my biggest thing! I wont do anything without a current std check!

Hi Ashliee, welcome once again. it's a good thing u join this group, the thread u posted were filled with closed-minded critics on your/our situation.

Where is this thread posted? Can you send me the link? I can't believe people (on bnb??) were saying negative things about AI?! :growlmad:

Lian -- Excited to hear you are on the same cycle as my OH! How are you feeling? Any "symptoms"?? FX'ed & lots of :dust:

For those just starting the journey... have you checked out the "How To" thread? I have the link posted on the very 1st page too...

It's a great way to see the process other's have gone thru, what methods they use, etc... and so many inspirational success stories!!! :happydance:

Take a minute to check it out.......

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/458990-home-artificial-insemination-success-stories-11.html

just read upto page 10 of the thread and omfg what a bunch of judgemental women.

i did find one post rather amuzing though. ome one judging you o your age but in her sig it said she had premature reduced eggs (it had a fancy name but couldnt remember it) you would have thought she would have under stood your wish to not wait.

ignore that bunch and stick with us

can someone post a link to that thread? I wanna read it. It really blows me away that at this day and age we still have so many closed minded people !!!
:growlmad: I just don't get it.

Ruby~ Sorry about that, my reply to you is missing from my post... I hope your OH is feeling better today. :flower:

CD1 for me girls :dohh: I have three donors in the pipeline at the moment though, one of which is five minutes away! Hopefully I'll get a good amount of swimmers this cycle... I might try SMEP actually, now I've seen that some other ladies on here are giving it a whirl :thumbup: xx

It's the Sperm Meets Egg Plan. I just found the basic method:

- "Try" every other night starting CD8.
- Begin OPK'ing on CD10.
- When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
- Skip one night, then do one last "try".
- Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun.
- If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

It sounds good to me! My donor is only a few minutes away now, and he works from home so is available pretty much any day I need him. I guess that if you are a long way away from your donor it's difficult... xx

That's what I read, it's a lot right? :haha: I couldn't do that this cycle anyway because I'm moving house, but I've suggested starting on CD11 to my donor. If I stick to my normal cycle, then I'd get donations on CD11, CD13, CD15, CD17, CD18, CD19 and CD21 :shock: I've only ever been used to one or two! xx

Wow thats a lot of insems!! Are the outcomes pretty good on those that have tried this?? Like more so than just doing insems when u hv positive OPK's?

I don't know many AI girls who have done it, just MrsMM I think. But a lot of women trying with their husbands have a lot of success. I suppose the more sperm you get in there, the better. My donor has just agreed to do those dates, plus any extras too if I ovulate late again... YAY! :happydance: xx

Here's the link I found:

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

well i do NI so dont think i'd get my donor to do 7 insems, alothough this month we did do 5 insems :shy:

TTC~ Sorry the :witch: ended up flying in :hugs: Wow, your donor is 5 minutes away? That's great!!! Good luck this cycle! :)

Hii ladies :hugs: just wanted to stop by and say that we insiminated last night and we used a soft cup and it was pretty easy omg and no spills woohooooo ! I took an OBK and got a strong positive :happy dance: we will be inseminating tomorrow as well!!

Fingers crossed to everyone TTC'ING and in there 2 week wait!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->