Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I don't know many AI girls who have done it, just MrsMM I think. But a lot of women trying with their husbands have a lot of success. I suppose the more sperm you get in there, the better. My donor has just agreed to do those dates, plus any extras too if I ovulate late again... YAY! :happydance: xx

Hmm something to think about for me im sure my guy wouldnt mind doing it that way... I guess it just gives the sperms more chances to meet miss eggy ;)

Ohhh and good luck 2mommies!!!!!

can someone post a link to that thread? I wanna read it. It really blows me away that at this day and age we still have so many closed minded people !!!
:growlmad: I just don't get it.

Ruby, dodgegirl, here's the link: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/797084-single-mommy-choice.html They're not against AI per se, only if you are young and singe.

Surely they haven't met topaz and her gorgeous AI boys. :happydance:

______

CD1 for me!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

OMG I just now finished reading all 14 pages of that thread....ugh it took me like an hour and half !!! holy smokes, people are SOOO closed minded ! unbelieveable. wow. :dohh:

Im a single mum of 2 (aged 15 & 11 ) youngest was just 3 when i kicked dad out
Was best decision ever, so going donor route this time

Single mums can make excellent parents!!!

I bet the women on that thread would hate me then :rofl: Single, TTC via AI with a sperm donor, all at the age of 19! I know I'm going to do a great job and provide well for my children, and that's all that matters. Not some random stranger's opinions :thumbup: xx

I was 17 when i fell pregnant with my daughter, and ive done a great job of raising her alone!

I think you should just ignore those close minded people. If you know you can cope, and it's something you know in your heart it's noone else's business. I'm 20 , single and doing ni with donor. X

Maybe its best I dont read it.I might rant..then again..its been a boring sunday so far lol

Liz, it wound me up and I only got about five pages in... but then again, I'm on CD2 so AF hormones are running wild! :haha: xx

Hii ladies :hugs: just wanted to stop by and say that we insiminated last night and we used a soft cup and it was pretty easy omg and no spills woohooooo ! I took an OBK and got a strong positive :happy dance: we will be inseminating tomorrow as well!!

Fingers crossed to everyone TTC'ING and in there 2 week wait!!!

:thumbup: Good luck to you!! :dust:

I just read the thread and can't believe how close minded people are.:growlmad: Has anyone else had any problems with this on this forum??

I just read the thread and can't believe how close minded people are.:growlmad: Has anyone else had any problems with this on this forum??

Nope, not at all :nope:

Big hugs Ashliee! :hugs: We are all here to support you girl!

i ve never had any issues here or irl. im always very open about how and why my boys were concieved. if people dont like it they can sod off my boys are loved and well provided for.

i was 27 when i started ttc so not as young as some of you girls but the heart wants what the heart wants and increasing age doesnt make you a better parent

i didnt like the quote some one put that kids with out fathers are more likely to do drugs. surely its how they were brought up not the sex of that person.

wish i was a confruntational person cos id give them a piece of my mind.

I also was reading those post and I was in such an awww as to how close minded people really can be....she seems to be a great girl and knows what she wants and I support her in her decision, as I was just inseminated friday using donor sperm...I myself see nothing wrong with what shes doing, better than just going out and sleeping with this one and that one and not knowing who the father is...and as far as the staticistic of children growing up in a single parent home dropping out of school and so on, is exactly what it says STATICISTIC, it has nothing to do with age and I have seen alot of people that had both parents in the home throw their lives away...she is 20yrs old not 13 like some of the girls I see now days having babies.. So with that being said I wish you the best of luck in your journey..

Ashliee~ :hugs: I'm sorry about all those negative posts and so glad you made your way here! :thumbup:

I read through all those posts too... Man, what a headache! :wacko:

TTC~ I figured you were somewhere in your mid 20s or so, I think that's great! You are going to make an awesome mom! :thumbup:

AFM~ I always wanted to be a young mom and had it planned out, my aim was to be in my mid 20s. DH came along and we were NTNP, and I got pregnant 10 months into our relationship and had DS at 18. Age and relationship status aren't indicators of parenting ability. I know everyone has their opinions but sheesh, that thread was doing the most. :nope:

i've never had problems on here before. that thread was shocking!

i thought ashliee came across well, i can't understand the rudeness towards her, even if they didn't agree.

:hugs: ashliee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->