Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

well i've just done another test, not using FMU and its just as strong as the this mornings............ hope thats good
sooo worried something is going to go wrong x

My advice is to stop testing..as hard as it is lol. Sumtimes tests can seem lighter..and it just makes ppl freak out thinking somehing is wrong! Tho I cant really say.anything..I poas 2 days ago on an IC I found in a drawer and Im ready to pop :rofl:

i would, you will only freak if it drops and there are so many reasons why it could drop.

those lines are so good lo is here to stay

Those are good lines, ticking!! Mine weren't that dark and I did have twins, congrats!!

Congratulations to purple panda also!

Wow, some great BFP news on here - congrats!!

if you dont mind me asking Ticking, how old are you?

I only ask because I'm 41, and am looking for positive stories from older AI women. ( hoping! )

also, everyone I did some research and with regard to the transporting of sperm thing, it seems it definitely IS viable after an hour or so, but the TEMPERATURE seems to be important. Apparantly 20 degrees is the BEST temp.
rather than cold (outdoor) temp, or 37 degress body temp.

so although we all put it up our jumpers or between our thighs when travelling, I wonder what the temperature is in that case? maybe we need to carry a thermometer between our legs too. Lol.

after another morning at the hospital my bloods came back really positively.My Betas have been

4 rd jan -18 dpo (?) - 2600 ish
6th jan - 20 dpo (?)- 6900 ish
9th jan - 23 dpo (?) - 18900!!!!!!

so they are really hopefull that if they scan me again in one week the sac should reflect a better size and then they will know if its viable.

sooooo its as positive as i could have ever prayed for. im still high risk but but its looking up.
lots of love to you all and thank you for keeping me in your prayers
xxx

Ticking congrats!! I tested at least twice a day from the second we saw a faint line on our first positive pregnancy test. One day I believe it was 14 dpo, the line was way lighter than previous days, totally freaked us out. But everything was OK! I would stop testing if I were you, but I know that that is easier said than done!

Little update about us; we are 33 weeks right now and def had our share of scares. I have pre eclampsia signs (high blood pressure, protein in urine - but not rough to worry about apparently, headaches) so am monitored more closely again.

Friday we have a growth scan can't wait to see the little man - it has been since the 20 week ultrasound.

summer rocks - good luck with the scan....it will be lovely to see the little un before the big day

xxxx

I keep testing to make sure but im tormenting myself.
Got app with midwife on 25th Jan, and first scan on 4th Feb when I will be 7 weeks and 3 days x

bartbart~ crossing my fingers for your bfp soon..btw i am going to be 35 in march..and have low egg reserve..i figure that's why this is taking so darn long! :(

happy~~ awesome numbers girl! i'm so glad you're doing well and cant wait to hear about your lil bean when they scan in a week! :)

ticking~~ i'm still excited for ya and only a tiny jealous lol...cant wait for your scan too!! :)

summer~~ sorry for the rough road..hope it's smoother here on out and lil man waits it out a few more weeks...know you are excited for the growth scan :)

afm~ 10dpo no symptoms , no spotting yet...af due this weekend...negative hpt this am (as expected) lol and just as i type this i feel mild cramps down low so i still think af will show this month :( but fingers crossed she doesnt!!

CHERYL GL! I am planning to likely insem on around the same time as you, on the 15th, and 16th... FXD!:dust:

SPARKLIE I agree, it shouldn't mattr, I hope that the standing works for you!:dust:

CHRISTIE2011 Finding a reliable donor is the hardest part of the whole thing to me. GL, sounds like you have a winner! :dust:

FAITHBABIES Hang in there Hun, your BFP is near!:dust:

HAPPYH those numbers are looking good Hun!:dust:

GEMINI no no no, PMA ma'am, PMA! I will be here waiting to hear! GL FXD!:dust:

TICKING Ahhhh! I remember when you joined us on here Hun! CONGRATS!! Those lines are some really dark ones for 10DPO, I say relax and take it in. You have an appt scheduled and that's all you need! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos with a very sticky bean!

MOMWANNABE sooo glad you found a donor, and craigslist has been booted! :dust:

SUMMER good luck at your scan!

AFM... Nothing much happening, awaiting AF. I expected AF to be here by now and set up donations, I think that I am going to keep them scheduled as it is next week and if AF shows, I still have a chance. Push them back couple of days and move forward. I am just nervous as to why AF is missing. And of course ladies... I took an IC Saturday and stark white as it should be. Hoping I have a chance where I get AF or not...:dust:

Well clomid delayed O for me so haven't yet, had a very positive opk yesterday (test line was way darker then control line) (what causes that?) anyways took another opk today and was told from others that it's positive, so O not here. I have no symptoms of O coming, i will try to get another donation tonight just to cover my basis.

wow ladies everyone seems to be doing well. lovelu numbers happy. hopefully ur pregnancy will smooth out summer. hope AF gets here soon for you mrsmm

AFM - consultants appt didnt go so great. my day 3 results came back way to high to the point it suggests to my consultant early menopause cant remember exact number + my day 19 bloods were 2 low at 8 suggesting no ovulation.
but my bloods back in June were spot on + my u/s + hsg are completely normal for a woman of age. so my consultant is hoping that the labs messed up as i wasnt the only one today with elevated levels that shouldnt have. so she has requested a repeat of my day 3 bloods, a chromosome test ( have got a clue what this is about so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it) + has suggested that i get AMH to get an accurate idea of my egg reserve but since the NHS does not cover the test i am having to pay for it!

sorry for the rant

xx

So how long does it take for the egg to reach the sperm once its released. Does she have to travel for a bit before meeting the sperm? just weighing my options as far as how longer sperm has to live before it actually gets to the egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->