Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

It takes a max of 24 hours for sperm to reach the egg,
We did donation day before ovulation, ang got pregnant this time
Hth x

Well i haven't Oed yet :cry: my temp hasn't shifted and still no symptoms. idk what to do wasn't able to get donation last night so idk if they are even still alive by now. Last donation was saturday morning, it's now tuesday :'(
I hope he can give me another one tonight. I have never Oed this late in the last 11 months i Oed once on cd 15 usually it's cd 13-14.

Ticking!! What wonderful news!! I know, I'm a little late, but I'm still REALLY EXCITED FOR YOU!

momwannabe~~ i hope u O soon and can get another donation today...fingers crossed and baby dust for a bfp soon! :)

gemini~ sorry for the blah dr appt!! i hope when they retest that the numbers are better! i also had an AMH and it showed i had low egg reserve ugh! i try to remember docs dont know everything and i can still get a bfp if it's meant to be....i hope u can get some answers soon and i pray you will get your bfp soon...:hugs:

mrsmm~ thanks again! your support is amazing and i hope your bfp is near too!! :hugs:

afm~11dpo..no spotting, no cramping...did not test this am as it was neg yesterday...may test tomorrow if i dont have any spotting/cramping today...fingers crossed. [-o<

Hope you OV soon momwannabe and that you can arrange another donation :dust: to you!

Faith, fingers, toes and anything else I can cross are crossed tightly for you!! :hugs:

MOMWANNABE I think that soy did as the clomid did for you. My OV was def delayed if I OVd at all. Throwing off my donations for this cycle... UGH, but I am still thinking to go forward with donations as sperm can live 2-5 days in great environment and egg swims for about 24 hours before beginning to break down, sometimes up to 36. I say, go forward tonite if possible with donation. GL :dust:

FAITHBABIES keep strong and not testing. See those dark pink BFP lines! :dust:

GEMINI :hugs: because I can tell you need them. I hope the lab was incorrect.

AFM... Nothing much happening, awaiting AF... still I expected AF to be here by now. I am going to keep donations as is, next week. Likely a late OV... Hoping anyway. Hoping I have a chance whether I get AF or not...:dust:

thanks faithbabies + mrsmm. i am in a much better place right now had a little cry + spoke to a friend. am focussing it was just a blip in the lab as everything else indicates i am all hunkydory + focussing on the fact that the tests i am having should hopefully force my consultant to be able to help more when i go back + it the meantime between now and april am going to focus on loosing some weight as i have a couple of stone to loose so i wont have any reason to not get my BFP.

lots of :dust: faithbabies am waiting to hear your BFP soon
xx

Well just got the call and am on my way to get donation :happydance::happydance: FX I O today or did O today. Sooooooooo exited now :D

c30~ thanks for crossing everything! i'lldo the same for you! :)

mrsmm~ i'm too weak and have no will power i tested anyway yesterday and bfn boo!! i may be out this month..not sure yet...

gemini~ you r welcome! and ty for the baby dust tho i dont think this is my month...i'm working on losing weight too so good luck for you on that as well and baby dust to you :)

ticking~ it's normal to worry...but try to relax and enjoy your bfp ;)

momwannabe~~ yay for :spermy: catch that eggy!! baby dust!! :)

afm~12dpo and i havent tested yet this am because i'm feeling slightly crampy like i do a few days before af is due...no spotting yet...due to start this weekend or even as late as monday....big sigh...i feel out this month :(

Omg a friend of mine told me a lady local to us does ultrasound scans at home!!!
She's going to give me her contact details :)

FAITHBABIES well, it is hard at this time to have will power, all the swirling hormones.... I hope those dark pink lines show up in a couple days. With the cramps, wait till then and test again, as this could be implanting. :dust:

TICKING how lucky! That will be awesome to get a scan early.

MOMWANNABE good luck! DPO!!!:dust:

AFM... Still no AF... :sad1: Donations in 3 days. Hoping I have a chance whether I get AF or not...:dust: I have been reading about studies of women being fertile on CD1 and CD4 so I think that I am going to try to be one of them. I also have been wondering, before the MC my cycles were "long" but what I called irregularly regular.(read in journal) I had AF every other month since getting af but had confirmed ov every month.... hmmm, i'm grabbing at all types of straws.

OMG still no rise and got another positive opk. What is going on with that. Its 5 days straight of positives

Had an u/s this morning, follicles not ready yet. Right has a 9.2mm and the left has an 11.8mm. LH 12.1 E2 130. Doctor wants me in again tomorrow.

MOMWANNABE81 sounds still fertile, hang in there, temp still low? That is indicative of OV. Sounds like body is gearing up:dust:

CHRISTIE I hope those follicles continue to mature. Good luck today!:dust:

Well i think i might have finally Oed, my temp went up today, hope this does the trick had donation the first day of positive opk cd 13 and cd 16 so i think is good timing. hope the temp stays up and shows i did O. ty everyone for the support was going bonkers not knowing what was going on

momwannabe - keeping my FXd for you!

u/s was disappointing today. No growth in my follicles from yesterday. And though my E2 level was up yesterday, today didn't show a significant change so I don't have to go in again tomorrow to check for progesterone (to see if I ovulated before CD9). I go in again Saturday, which is the day after my normal CD day to go in for an u/s.

Doctor said I can move on to clomid next cycle if this one doesn't work out. But I may just skip to IVF. Especially since getting a reliable donor seems to be impossible for me. I haven't heard from my most promising donor since Monday. My second choice turned out to be deceiving me and has yet to give me proof of STD status. Third choice hasn't given anything to me either.

I've still got a vial of frozen donor sperm I can use this cycle so at least if I O I'll still have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->