Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi all :hi:

Quick update (there's a MUCH longer one in my journal!). Insems done yesterday and today. Peak on CBFM yesterday and a smiley OPK too. Today, negative OPK, CBFM didn't ask me to poas, temp is up a bit but just waiting for FF to give me crosshairs. So, I'm either in the 2ww or will be very soon :thumbup::happydance: :)

Aww, MRSMM, so glad AF finally arrived, there's something you don't hear in this thread very often lol ;)

Dodge, on my 2nd insem today, I poured donation into softcup and just inserted - didn't do the O, just pelvic floors, hoping that or the insem last night works!!

For all those I missed, GL if your trying or in the 2ww :)

Hello everyone - i wanted to ask - when is the best time to inseminate?
I think i'm doing it wrong every month - does it have to be when you ovulate? Can you get pregnant if not ovulating?

I been trying for around 7 months and no success at all and i think i'm doing the timing all wrong.
Can someone please advise = good luck to all.x

hi there, welcome !! =D>

ideally, you should insem any day before O day (2-3 days before), day of, and after O day. As spermies can live upto 5 days in you. Have you been tracking any CM or temping ? I don't think you can get PG if you don't Ovulate at all, because that's when the egg is available to meet the sperm. (but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

This thread has lots of helpful info, it's where I learned most of what I needed to do, along with the great book "What to expect before you're expecting" It has a great calendar in the back you can use to track OV.

Hi.
I have a Clearblue Ovulation digital thing and i use that. Anyway, i used it today and got a smiley face so i'm gonna insem tonight. And then i was thinking again on Sunday. Is that okay, or will it reduce chances since i did not do it 2 days before which i never have done.

DODGE GL! I Agree with TTC, right into the softcup is better, but can do it the other way. Put a little preseed in you 30 mins before, then a little in cup when he hands it over.... I can't wait for your success!:dust:

ANN GL to you as well. The condom, was it withOUT spermcide? That is unhealthy for the swimmers. :dust:

ASHLIEE welcome back to us.... get yourself ready using this month as preparation.... Then we will be happy to celebrate your Feb BFP with you!:dust:

TTC Nice to see you! How are you and your tummy doing?

AFM... Ladies!!!! CBFM in use!!! AF came midday yesterday after a LOVELY chant from JODI and other BnB ladies on some threads! I have NEVER been happier to see AF!!! Sooooo..... as it stands, DW and I calculated EVERYTHING, if we conceive this cycle, DDate will be 2 days before DD's b-day and we could see a BFP BEFORE our angel's due date! Oh the hope that we are now feeling!!!FXD!!!

thanks dear!!!!

Aww, MRSMM, so glad AF finally arrived, there's something you don't hear in this thread very often lol ;)

Dodge, on my 2nd insem today, I poured donation into softcup and just inserted - didn't do the O, just pelvic floors, hoping that or the insem last night works!!

For all those I missed, GL if your trying or in the 2ww :)

Whats pelvic floors?? Never heard of it?

Pelvic floor exercises is tightening the muscle you use when you stop yourself from weeing, sorry there's no "politer" way to say it, lol, my donor told me this can help suck up the sperm BUT I've just googled and found contradicting info so I don't know whether it helps or not, hopefully it doesn't hinder!

MrsMM - Yay for AF! It feels so weird saying that :haha:

Tummy is doing great thanks, as far as I know :thumbup: MS is very on/off, but I'm coping with it a lot better now I'm eating on the hour every hour :blush: xx

wb ashilees
mrsmm - so glad AF has arrived i had a cycle like that recently + got told it was down to stress it being so far behind schedule, hope it the same reason for you.

hi ann - it doesnt say where u are bt if u r in the UK arranging hsg on the nhs are a nightmare but persevere with it + have ur local hosp on speed dial where i live they only do hsgs two days a week and only have two appts on each day.

ttc + ticking - glad to see ur doing ok hopefully ur ms wil ease off soon.

afm - no news to report waiting to get my day3 bloods done + wil do my chromosome testing at the same time. BUT wont be having my AMH for a little while as we had to rush 1 of our cats to the emergency vets as the weekend which has swallowed our spare money for a bit while we pay that off as we arent sure if the insurance wil pay out

:dust: to all

HI Ladies~

TTC & Ticking- did you both get BFP with home insems? If so, that is really inspiring to me.

Mrsmm~ Yay for AF. As others have said, feels weird to say that, but- just maybe this will be the last AF.....

I am in the United States. My donor used the non lubricated condoms. I was worried that even if it was non spermicidal, the lubrication might kill them.
Do you guys have alot of "leakage"? I sure do, and although I know it only takes one little spermie to make it- I just feel like it all leaks right back out...

Dodgegirl- I have not used the soft cups. I am anxious to hear how you do with them though. I think that I wouldn't be able to maneuver... that I would spill it all when trying to use it. Lol....
Ann

Those of you who have had HSG's, how was the pain? Were you offerred/given a sedative before?

**Gemini- Do you have health insurance? I would think that insur would cover all lab work for you?

Ann

AFM... Ladies!!!! CBFM in use!!! AF came midday yesterday after a LOVELY chant from JODI and other BnB ladies on some threads! I have NEVER been happier to see AF!!! Sooooo..... as it stands, DW and I calculated EVERYTHING, if we conceive this cycle, DDate will be 2 days before DD's b-day and we could see a BFP BEFORE our angel's due date! Oh the hope that we are now feeling!!!FXD!!!

So happy for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Lots of :dust: your way, hun! :hugs:

:dust: :dust: to everyone in the tww, waiting to insem or about to insem soon!! :dust: :dust:

annheins - I've had an HSG and didn't have any pain. Not even the "period like cramping". I wasn't given any sedative, but was told I could take Ibuprofen before hand, so I did.

Well I wasn't able to get a donor for home AI this cycle. I was talking to 3 and 1 turned out to be a sketchy character, the 2nd didn't really seem committed to the idea, the 3rd didn't get his test results back in time. I did however go in for an IUI yesterday with my last vial of frozen sperm. Hopefully I won't have to do an AI next month, but at least now I have a donor I feel I can trust to be there when I need him.

Good luck all!

:dust:

HI Ladies~

TTC & Ticking- did you both get BFP with home insems? If so, that is really inspiring to me.

Mrsmm~ Yay for AF. As others have said, feels weird to say that, but- just maybe this will be the last AF.....

I am in the United States. My donor used the non lubricated condoms. I was worried that even if it was non spermicidal, the lubrication might kill them.
Do you guys have alot of "leakage"? I sure do, and although I know it only takes one little spermie to make it- I just feel like it all leaks right back out...

Dodgegirl- I have not used the soft cups. I am anxious to hear how you do with them though. I think that I wouldn't be able to maneuver... that I would spill it all when trying to use it. Lol....
Ann

i got mine with home insem using sterile tubs and a 10ml syringe

hi ann i in the uk so its NHS and they dont cover an amh as it is seen as a new test.
i have had a hsg i had mild cramping bt i didnt take any painkillers before and i think where i was sooo nervous i was probably v v tense which wouldnt have helped
x

HI Ladies~

Ann

They aren't bad once you get the hang of putting them in/out. I have used them before so this time should be ok. I think since I'm going to be having so many insems the week of OV, I'm going to alternate puttin the sperm directly from him into the softcup and also having him put it in the donation cup then I would pour into softcup. I would think it might be a little harder for him to come into the softcup and hold onto it without spilling... so we will see how it goes !!! 10 days till he gets here....counting down the days !!!

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->