Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Got it- Thank you!! I think your right, I never noticed that option until now. So maybe you do have to post so many times, just like the signature.

Brandi- So glad to know of more people that did home insem and it worked!

Mrsmm- yay AF is done.... come on some healthy eggsssss~!~!

momwannabe- so sorry. I thought each time I got a bfn it would be easier but it isn't!

Dodge- you mentioned, or asked rather Brandi if she had a journal? I am new to this site- can you tell me what a journal is (I mean, I know the term definition but I mean in relation to this site- lol) and how to do/start one here?

AFM- Im on CD 22, in the crazies of the 2ww. I don't hold out much hope that this last cycle worked. It is so hard b/c I want to be positive- I have been told that if you are positive and actually "visualize" it working with no doubts- you have a better chance. I don't know if I buy that but... I will try anything. :) But- how do you do that, and also try and prepare yourself for if it doesn't work so your not devastated?

Hugs & baby dust to all

Ann

i did this on both my bfp cycles. i was posting in my journal,, well sperm has met egg now safe journey down the tube, lol. i was lucky i got a bfp both times cos i would have been gutted if i hadnt first time round cos i really did think i was preg, i was still shocked with number 2 cos although i was trying to be positive i really thought i was out.

Hello Ladies! We are currently TTC #2 at home, OV around Jan. 22nd, so we are in our TTW. Sending Baby dust to you all!

hey ladies sorry i've been MIA we've had some computer issues....anyway i only have a second to write as i need to go feed the kiddos, but i'm in another cycle..was supposed to get my surge today but not here yet but i'm sure will be here tonight or tomorrow...my donor started donations on tues morning and we had tues wed and today in the morning and tomorrow i'll be out of town so he will come by in the evening and if i get surge tomorrow he will also come by sat. WELCOME to the newbies and for whoever wanted to know how we do the deed...my donor lives like five minutes down the road..he does his thing at his house and puts in small clean specimen container (like a urine cup u get at docs office) then he brings it to me and i put in instead cup...i first prop butt up on pillows then make myself have big O then pour semen in cup then insert cup then O again and try to stay propped about fifteen minutes but with three kiddos i dont always have time to lay down lol that's why i like the cups. Anyway i'm hoping/praying it works soon.....
good luck to everyone and babydust....i'll be back soon to catch up...
:flower:

Looks like I may get to TTC sooner than two years from now. I got a job today and start Sunday. The extra money means I can likely get my reversal sooner!

new girl here! We are using anonymous donor sperm and doing AI at home through our sperm bank. My DH has Azoospermia. We conceived in june on our second AI at home, but sadly lost our twins in August. We took 3 months off and started again in November. We just did our first insemination this morning after my +opk at 9am and will do our second early tomorrow am. FX this one works (its lucky #3 since the m/c) if it DOESN'T take we are switching to unmedicated natural IUI's next cycle in Feb. Baby dust everyone!

Question for those of you who have had AI's with previously frozen semen. What time schedule did you use for your insemination?

Yes! On her journal....he was born just after 7:30 last night, 6lb 7 :cloud9:

BRANDI CONGRATS on the new job! Welcome back to the TTC arena Hun! :dust:

TICKING how awesome! That had to warm your heart!:flower:

LUNA Welcome to NOAH!!!!

MOONHIPPIE GL! So sorry for your loss! As for the timing, there were instructions for thawing in our shipment. We had 2 vials so of course we did 2 separate times, day of +OPK and day after. In the mornings. GL :dust:

AFM... CD9: You can stalk my chart. Just waiting, nothing new to report. Trying to keep my focus. Temps are pretty steady. I am using the CBFM and OPKs...FXD! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get some great BFPs!!!

Yayyyy Ticking! That is awesome. Bet you feel such a relief :thumbup:

Brandi- So glad to know of more people that did home insem and it worked!

Mrsmm- yay AF is done.... come on some healthy eggsssss~!~!

momwannabe- so sorry. I thought each time I got a bfn it would be easier but it isn't!

Dodge- you mentioned, or asked rather Brandi if she had a journal? I am new to this site- can you tell me what a journal is (I mean, I know the term definition but I mean in relation to this site- lol) and how to do/start one here?

AFM- Im on CD 22, in the crazies of the 2ww. I don't hold out much hope that this last cycle worked. It is so hard b/c I want to be positive- I have been told that if you are positive and actually "visualize" it working with no doubts- you have a better chance. I don't know if I buy that but... I will try anything. :) But- how do you do that, and also try and prepare yourself for if it doesn't work so your not devastated?

Hugs & baby dust to all

Ann

Ann, I just read your journal, but was hoping it was a journal in here so that we could leave a comment (i dont want to create an account on that site to leave a comment). We are in the exact same situation :) well you didnt mention your sexual orientation, so that could be different, but otherwise it's the same !

I love that you decided to do this and you are lucky to have T in your life, he seems like a great friend.

Looks like your 2ww is almost over.....do you have any symptoms and when are you going to test ????

Hi Ladies!:wave:

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Just checking in on you all....

AFM... CD12: You can stalk my chart. Just waiting, nothing new to report. Looks like my body is gearing up to OV, donations start on Fri so I hope OV doesn't sneak up on me! Trying to keep my focus. Temps are pretty steady. I am using the CBFM and OPKs...FXD!

Hello ladies...

I have not been here for a while. I am not TTC anymore with AI...DONE...BFP one day and got my period the next day...and BFN few days afterwards...

I am taking a break....

Wishing good luck to everyone...
...and HUUUGE CONGRATULAAATIONS to Tickin, and Purplepanda and some others who got BFP...

I keep reading your posts almost everyday...

...sending a baby dust your way;)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->