Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Oh, they won't be successful for a while. I had my tubes tied after Anberlin. I'm reversing them within the next two years (it costs $5800) and then starting to try again.

HI everyone, just dropping for an updated, i'm not usually active during the first 2 weeks of cycle, but action is happening and got first donation this morning, will be getting another one Monday so fx I O soon and catch that eggy. I had a nice O so cup is sucked up lol, all the spermies are there.

I started inseminating for the first time ever this week. Had my first positive OPK on Sunday, but my donor didn't fly in until Monday so we had to start then, I had positive OPK's until yesterday, inseminated, Mon, Tue, Thur and today. We only finally agreed to go for this last month so I had only been charting since my last AF, not having much luck with temp so have given up on that and am just using OPK's cheapies from Amazon and CM testing, I don't get very egg whitey - never have but have been pregnant before, slight traces of egg white and quite watery - So now into my two week wait I guess. Keeping fingers crossed but also aware that it's my first go and so have to be real about this and that it may not happen. Still I can't help noticing every sensation I have in my belly!!

I've been inactive here for the last couple of weeks. AF showed up today and blood test confirmed a BFN for my last vial of frozen sperm. I have 1 donor who just got his STD panel redone for me so we are all set to go (if he ever gets back to me) this month. I have another donor I'm talking to in case I need a back up.

I'm really hoping that fresh sperm will do the trick this month. I just can't decide how many donations I want to ask for during my fertile window. I don't want to ask too early or too often. I want the sperm to be nice and strong when my egg finally pops. :shrug:

MrsMM, I'm praying for your BFP this month, GL with mondays donations :dust:

Christie, sorry AF showed up but glad you have a donor lined up and perhaps even a back up, they're always good to have :thumbup: FX for this cycle.

Brandi, that's great that you have the same donor :thumbup:

JLondon, GL and :dust: to you. Hope the 2ww goes quickly!

Momwannabe, GL with mondays donation, keep my FX for you.

Anyone I've missed, sorry, GL and baby dust :)

AFM, that damned witch got me :( REALLY thought this could have been it cos I had a crazy 2ww with lots of new symptoms. Thought I was late yesterday cos my LP's never been more than 14 days in 7 cycles, but this cycle it was :dohh: I'm "OK", already trying to arrange donations for 16th and 17th just not looking forward to the next 2ww!

had a private scan today and got a little video of the heartbeat :happydance:

kids thought it was cool

So it turns out that the reason my donor stopped donating to new people is because he donated to a single mom who falsified her income, and when the baby was born, she came after him for child support and won. It didn't matter that they had a contract, so he's on the hook for the next 18 years. I feel really bad for him, because he's such a nice guy. He helps women have families, and this person screwed him over.

So, after discussing it for a while and being able to prove to him that as a (soon-to-be) single mom, that I am self-sufficient and have a job and can support my kids, he agreed to another donation.

I did those prediction things for fun and all three, Jenny, Cheri and Brooke are predicting a girl before 2014. I'd LOVE another boy to even things out and to give my son a brother, but another girl would be wonderful too!

:friends: WELCOME to the newbies!! glad you've joined this fantabulous group of ladies!

Brandi~ yay for your donor changing his mind! that's great! :thumbup:

Mrsmm~ thanks for always being supportive! i'm praying for your bfp this month too! :dust:

momwannabe~sounds like perfect timing! FX this is your month!! :thumbup:

jlondon~lots of babydust for your 2ww..hope it flies by! :) :)

christie~good luck with your fresh sperm donors!! i believe as long as there are swimmers waiting on the egg than you have a chance! Keep in mind sperm can live up to five days so that may help with deciding on donations :) baby dust to you! :flower:

c30~ darn that AF!! she never stays away!! fx this is the month for your bfp!! i know that i'm with you when i'm getting tired of these 2ww's lol but i'd rather be in a 2ww than waiting to ovulate for some reason lol anyway hope our bfp's are just around the corner! :dust:

afm~8dpo and no major symptoms...no spotting yet which is good but i've been incredibly irritable and mild cramps the past 2 to 3 days which makes me think AF may not delay her visit this month :shrug: ah well just hoping and praying :)

:friends: WELCOME to the newbies!! glad you've joined this fantabulous group of ladies!

Brandi~ yay for your donor changing his mind! that's great! :thumbup:

Mrsmm~ thanks for always being supportive! i'm praying for your bfp this month too! :dust:

momwannabe~sounds like perfect timing! FX this is your month!! :thumbup:

jlondon~lots of babydust for your 2ww..hope it flies by! :) :)

christie~good luck with your fresh sperm donors!! i believe as long as there are swimmers waiting on the egg than you have a chance! Keep in mind sperm can live up to five days so that may help with deciding on donations :) baby dust to you! :flower:

c30~ darn that AF!! she never stays away!! fx this is the month for your bfp!! i know that i'm with you when i'm getting tired of these 2ww's lol but i'd rather be in a 2ww than waiting to ovulate for some reason lol anyway hope our bfp's are just around the corner! :dust:

afm~8dpo and no major symptoms...no spotting yet which is good but i've been incredibly irritable and mild cramps the past 2 to 3 days which makes me think AF may not delay her visit this month :shrug: ah well just hoping and praying :)

ticking~ awesome! it's such an awesome blessing to see that heartbeat!! :)

I explained in another post. I can`t afford the reversal at this moment in time and by saving $250 a month, I will have enough for it by January 2014. However, I just started a new job where I`ll be making $1200 a month before taxes (so about $900 a month) and it`s all beng deposited into my Reversal Savings Account.

I had already contacted my donor with an update on Anberlin (my youngest, who was conceived through donation) and he said he wasn`t donating to anyone new. Last week, I asked him if he was still donating to those who he had already donated to, and he said he wasn`t really donating at all because one of the women he donated to screwed him over, and now he`s stuck paying child support until the child is 18. It didn`t matter that they had a contract, he was still held responsible, which is why he stopped donating.

After a discussion, I was able to show him that I am self-sufficient and can support another child on my own, so he agreed to donate again. So, we will start trying again shortly after my reversal is done, whenever that will be. At the earliest, it will be sometime this year, and the latest, January 2014 (likely won`t be this year, as I am starting college in September.

Thank you! I don`t get that compliment on her name too often. I usually get `Why not Amberlynn?" or "It looks phony and reminds me of Anne Boleyn", but I freaking love it! I think it's gorgeous, unique, and not too far out there, like Tallulah Does The Hula From Hawaii (real name).

I think it would go well with Maci!

yeah my daughter just asked what anne boleyn haha

Maci Anberlin........................... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

First Positive OPK and O is imminent (cervix is open) I got a donation Friday and getting one tomorrow (donor n/a on weekends). Do u think that the timing is good? It's about the same every cycle because I always O on weekends, so can't do much to increase my chances as i've done just about everything, like most of us :cry::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->